News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

Phicinfan

One question, is the area dammed off the only section of track that has to be worked or replaced? Or will they then have to dam off more later to replace the rest? Curious if that isn't part of why this is down so long...

Lensman

geekza

I'd love to see a photo gallery of what was at the bottom of these after they were drained.
Once we learned that they were going to partially drain it, several folks posted pictures when it started and as it progressed. Shockingly, aside from the nearly-50-years' worth of sludge at the bottom, there wasn't really any sign of garbage.

WEDwaydatamover

Geekza,
It has been drained and cleaned a number of times since 1971. I had the complete opposite reaction and was actually shocked that they refilled it with so much muck and slime remaining.

You can find images online of a pressurewashed mold free proper rehab on the Rivers of America.

I appreciate your opinion however.

geekza

Geekza,
It has been drained and cleaned a number of times since 1971. I had the complete opposite reaction and was actually shocked that they refilled it with so much muck and slime remaining.

You can find images online of a pressurewashed mold free proper rehab on the Rivers of America.

I appreciate your opinion however.
No worries! There are lots of folks here who have more info about things than I do. It's always nice to learn something new!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Spot the clean side!

2F44B25A-1E2E-4037-A104-3841B8383B8B.jpeg

Walt d

There was a rumor a while back that they would dock the boat and drain the river. Bye Bye TS Island and build attractions in that huge space.
Wow” is that cool. Its like seeing the park when they were, building it. I hope they keep ts island. I really like going out there. You hear that bobby? No touchy ts Island or you’ll wake up with a bloody mouse head in your bed... ok bobby...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom