News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

TKTC

Apologize if its been mentioned, but is there a definitive end date to the project? We'll be down beginning the second week of October, wondering if the project will be completed by then.

geekza

Apologize if its been mentioned, but is there a definitive end date to the project? We'll be down beginning the second week of October, wondering if the project will be completed by then.
I don't think they've announced a set date. The track repair was, I believe, not something that was originally planned. They were finishing up the refurb on the boat and discovered that the track was really in need of some TLC, so it was easier to go ahead and get that done while the boat was still in dry-dock. They seem to be taking care of it fairly quickly, though. I don't know if they will need to replace track all around or if it was just this particular section that was in bad shape. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Today
9B425E46-0935-4D43-B38B-DB68A0C74FA7.jpeg

iMax

Never knew that the river wasn't so deep, also I know this is a thread for the riverboat but could anyone explain why when they were bringing Fantasmic over to WDW they didn't place it in MK, I know the fact that there wasn't really a place to put it, but couldn't they have just built a stage for it? (When I think ROA I think Fantasmic because Disneyland)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Never knew that the river wasn't so deep, also I know this is a thread for the riverboat but could anyone explain why when they were bringing Fantasmic over to WDW they didn't place it in MK, I know the fact that there wasn't really a place to put it, but couldn't they have just built a stage for it? (When I think ROA I think Fantasmic because Disneyland)
Capacity, logistics, parade route, Studios needed it, studios had room...

geekza

Never knew there was such a "Filth muck buildup" in there. I guess it's not all that surprising when you think about it.
Yeah. Think about the slime that develops in a disused swimming pool over a couple of years and then think of how long the RoA goes without being cleaned. It's still far-cleaner than I expected it would be. They seem to do a really good job of keeping it as litter-free as possible.

Last edited:

Lensman

Never knew there was such a "Filth muck buildup" in there. I guess it's not all that surprising when you think about it.
Kind of makes you wish they would run a pool filter on RoA. (I know it's impractical - especially since it connects to Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.) I wonder if they do occasional dredging? Or is there too much danger of damaging the track? They could always do the dredging with pumps like the ones in Bering Sea Gold. :)

WEDwaydatamover

It doesn't appear that there was a great deal of muck clean up from drainage to refill.

I wonder if they will ever clean up the 7 Seas and Bay Lake. Does anybody know if they do any type of cleaning or filtering? Close to 50 years of fuel and trash build up. I understand that the waterways and canals are connected but that water is so polluted its disgusting. So much for environmentally.

The 7 Seas was once swimmable now trash collects on the shorelines.

Very sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom