'Let the Memories Begin' castle projection test video

disney4life2008

OMFG!!! I HATE IT!!

They better bring back Spectromagic if I have to look at this crap on the castle at nighttime! Furthermore, while I think the actual families will love to see their photo, that takes away from individual connection to to the castle. I can not imagine staring at the castle looking at photos of other peoples families.

NYwdwfan

The drawn lines projected on the castle actually looks cool - then the nonsense starts.

I am so happy it doesn't start until January 1st (I am going in December) and will hopefully be gone before I go back!!

I liked how the pixie dust and Tink flew around at the beginning. That's a cool way to start off some fireworks. Other than that, I'm pretty disappointed. I don't want to see pictures on the castle!

Rob562

As NYwdwfan said, the "pencil sketch" effect on the Castle is awesome. But the Windows screen-saver photo slideshow is horrible. :hurl:

-Rob

ptaylor

Premium Member
Why do I want to see photos of people at WDW when I am at WDW and I can see them all around me 'in-person'. I get the idea for the website, and the TV spots - I don't like it, but I get it. But the in park stuff just seems pathetic.

Buried20KLeague

You know what... I don't hate it. :shrug:

It looks and sounds to me as if maybe this will only happen for a short period maybe each hour. Like, a little 5 minute show or something. If that's the deal, it doesn't bother me... And truthfully I think I'd stop to watch it.

The upside we should all be happy about is that it looks like they spent some money on this HD projecting system... The first half of this video should look very promising to all of us. They could REALLY do some cool stuff with it.

disney4life2008

More comments..

Like others have said, I love Tink and the pixie dust on the castle. That should be on the castle anyway and would be nice before the fireworks or before a kiss goodnight.

Like the previous poster, I will get nothing out of looking at other peoples photos on the castle. It is bad enough when your there in the summer with body to body connection - why do they have to touch the castle?? I love sitting on Main Street at the end of the night eating popcorn looking at the castle colors and listening to the music. I do not want to see 500 pictures

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
As NYwdwfan said, the "pencil sketch" effect on the Castle is awesome. But the Windows screen-saver photo slideshow is horrible. :hurl:

-Rob

I don't understand the drawing effect on the castle. It looks like its been embossed in photoshop. To me its just weird, if I want to see a drawing of the castle I'll look at it in a book when I'm home. When I'm at WDW I was to see the actual castle looking like the castle (or even a big pink cake :lol:) The projection system does look cool though and hopefully one day they'll use it for something worthwhile.

Thrill Seeker

Like what has already been said, I really like the projection effects, but the picture slide show is pretty lame. Maybe the effects can be added into a new fireworks show.

CarlFredricksen

Tink flying around looked cool. Real cool

But the pictures looked cheap. CHEAP.

Not everyone will like changes at WDW, however 99% of the time changes are done at WDW with class.

HOWEVER, I could make a powerpoint presentation on my computer with a bunch of pictures at the same quality level.

gerryu21220

I didn't like the photos appearance on the Castle. Makes the photos themselves very difficult to actually see with all the architectural details distorting them.

WDW FTW

Tinker bell looked half decent even though she was stretched at some parts, but i could understand that possibly, BUT WHY BLOCK THE CENTERPIECE OF THE CASTLE WITH A PROJECTION SCREEN!!!!!!!!!! AND CHEESY SLIDESHOW TRANSITIONS!!!!!!!!! that better be just for a website thing i do not want to see that for a whole year

_Scar

I should have said, I think the first bit of projection is simply amazing! What they can do with THAT is practically limitless and quite beyond cool. Anyone who wants to see more of this technology in play, I recommend watching WDS ToT premiere opening. It's SO COOL!

But the pictures are stupid. Nobody wants to watch other people on a castle. There's no point. 40,000 average guests attend each day... so 1/80 might be affected by it if not more.

Lame.

imagineer boy

I think the tinker bell effect was very cool, but I agree that the pictures were lame.

The "castle drawing" effect just didn't look quite right. It looks messy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom