Let the Magic Shine: DLP's 30th Anniversary

Sir_Cliff

Madames et monsieurs, la Flamme Olympique! 🔥😂

Smaller (and static?) versions of the 30th Anniversary medallion have also been installed on the lamps in Town Square. Looks more proportional to the lamps than the slightly oversized one for the station balcony.

The ones on the lampposts actually look quite nice.

Not sure about those things on the station, but I guess what they're going for is a lot of kinetic decorations that move with the wind. The effect could be quite nice and, if nothing else, it is very Disneyland Paris! I do like how the resort has developed quite a unique personality relative to all the other Disney resorts.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The ones on the lampposts actually look quite nice.

Not sure about those things on the station, but I guess what they're going for is a lot of kinetic decorations that move with the wind. The effect could be quite nice and, if nothing else, it is very Disneyland Paris! I do like how the resort has developed quite a unique personality relative to all the other Disney resorts.
With the number of kinetic mobiles they're putting inside the park for the 30th, DLP is going to be the latest producer of wind energy in France. 😂 It is very out of the box, but it does give them an edge over the traditional theming for WDW's 50th (and really any park anniversary; I've yet to see any modern looks for a Disney Parks anniversary).

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Maybe they were a test?
That's also a possibility. Maybe they're aiming to debut the new Dreamlights for the Christmas season instead of the March 6 opening for the 30th? If that's the case, the fan sites may have inferred from the D-Lights opening segment preview from the Cast Preview to where will the new Dreamlights installations be used:

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.03.39 AM.png

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Smaller (and static?) versions of the 30th Anniversary medallion have also been installed on the lamps in Town Square. Looks more proportional to the lamps than the slightly oversized one for the station balcony.

More variants of the medallions can now be seen on Main Street. The gold with the bronze fans is certainly... a choice. Why was gold even in the color palette choices? EDIT: I think it's gold with a green-ish finish? Green is the 30th-anniversary color after all...

aladdin2007

It's so sad DLP does these beautiful medaillons on the lampposts and train station at their anniversaries and WDW 50th got those ugly cheap banners. Go DLP though!
not to mention all the cheap plastic pineapples at christmas, I dont know who thought that was a good idea or how that got approved here, It was so off and just bad.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
More variants of the medallions can now be seen on Main Street. The gold with the bronze fans is certainly... a choice. Why was gold even in the color palette choices? EDIT: I think it's gold with a green-ish finish? Green is the 30th-anniversary color after all...

I like the blue. The green/gold coloring is... an odd choice, but maybe it looks better in person?

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The Town Square Gazebo has started receiving its overlay. The Sheet Metal roof from the 25th Anniversary returns...

For comparison. The roof seems to be darker in shade, but that could just be the lighting in the photo. The medallions are placed higher as well (probably to allow the fans to spin?).
30th-anniversary_decoration-package-without-guest_hd-visual-scaled-1.jpeg

Last edited:

Squishy

The Town Square Gazebo has started receiving its overlay. The Sheet Metal roof from the 25th Anniversary returns...

For comparison. The roof seems to be darker in shade, but that could just be the lighting in the photo. The medallions are placed higher as well (probably to allow the fans to spin?).

Would've looked better if they just left the spinners out from the 30th medallions.

Sir_Cliff

Sometimes less is more. They really should have left the roof alone on the gazebo as that looks kind of tacky to me.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Would've looked better if they just left the spinners out from the 30th medallions.
I was joking earlier about how DLP would be the next wind energy farm in France because of how many kinetic pieces they're going to install for the 30th, now I'm not so sure. I'm now wondering if they'll even put the drapes on the gazebo since they're supposed to hang from one medallion to the next. I think it would look too awkward if they hang them from there now (if that is the final placement), so maybe they'll place them lower like the 25th drapes?

30.jpg

Sometimes less is more. They really should have left the roof alone on the gazebo as that looks kind of tacky to me.
I agree, the poor gazebo couldn't get a break from all the overlays. I think the purple iridescent drapes and the 30th medallions would've been enough. I feel like the LED meshes they were testing on the castle roof would've worked better for what they want ("waves of LED lights" according to DLP Report), but since it's nearly at guests' eye level, it would be too obvious during the daytime.

The 20th Anniversary overlay on the gazebo is very understated compared to the 25th's and 30th's, but still festive-looking.
dsc018781.jpg

Sir_Cliff

I agree, the poor gazebo couldn't get a break from all the overlays. I think the purple iridescent drapes and the 30th medallions would've been enough. I feel like the LED meshes they were testing on the castle roof would've worked better for what they want ("waves of LED lights" according to DLP Report), but since it's nearly at guests' eye level, it would be too obvious during the daytime.

The 20th Anniversary overlay on the gazebo is very understated compared to the 25th's and 30th's, but still festive-looking.
dsc018781.jpg
Indeed! That is plenty for the gazebo as far as I'm concerned and even fits the theme of Town Square and Main Street USA nicely.

I get they may also want to include the medallions which is also manageable, but not sure why they're so keen on messing with the lovely roof and overall design of the gazebo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom