Let the Magic Shine: DLP's 30th Anniversary

TTA94

Very Spaceship Earth Points of Light too (another takeaway from WDW, I see). Hopefully, they'll plus Illuminations with the new LED meshes as well and not just use it during the D-Lights pre-show.

Anxious to see how this looks. I wonder if we could expect this to come to the US parks in the future. For WDW permanently installed “Castle Dreamlights” I would think would be something of interest.

yensidtlaw1969

Paris has been rocking them for years. These are likely to be permanent since constant removal in the past contributed to the spire damage.
Oof . . . I don't like that. You would have thought if they wanted something permanent they could have built it in while the Castle was stripped to the studs. Seems odd to tack these on mere weeks later if they are meant to stick around for good, but if they're just for the 30th I won't complain.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oof . . . I don't like that. You would have thought if they wanted something permanent they could have built it in while the Castle was stripped to the studs. Seems odd to tack these on mere weeks later if they are meant to stick around for good, but if they're just for the 30th I won't complain.
They're definitely more discreet than the old cages, I'll give them that. Encircled in red is the only roof (so far) with the mesh. I don't think it would be too obvious if you're just passing through. We'll see when the mesh for the lower towers gets installed.

FLo5kuVWQAAppmT.jpg

But I agree, they should've created roof tiles with embedded LEDs on them for a more long-term solution. Maybe their contractor for the new roofs doesn't work with that kind of material? I do remember from their feature that every roof tile is hand-made and built in-shop by them so...

This is better, decoration without covering up the windows!
Well, let's wait and see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom