Len Testa Crowd Analysis

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Amusing side note: Been watching my usual vlogers and I've seen frequent complaints that the line ups for Food and Garden kiosks are huge with only one person working the booth.

Make what you will.
...there'll be no bill... it's complimentary... ;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Amusing side note: Been watching my usual vlogers and I've seen frequent complaints that the line ups for Food and Garden kiosks are huge with only one person working the booth.

Make what you will.
I need more info here. 1 person on the register. 1 person cooking? 1 person serving?

Bairstow

Make what you will.

I can't imagine that this is intentional.
The lost revenue from long booth lines would far outweigh any savings from reduced staffing. Food and Beverage would pitch a fit if this were being done on purpose.

Bairstow

Just one person in each booth. Doing everything.

Not what I saw last Sunday.
At least in the mid afternoon they were running separate register and server positions (and a third to run the beer tap, where applicable), and doing a decent job of keeping the lines down. Certain booths at junction points, like Honey Bee-stro were still pretty mobbed. If crowds have been higher than expected I can imagine this creating a bit of a staffing crunch for the booths attached to a world showcase country because they still make an effort to staff the countries' booths with their foreign CMs.

TeriofTerror

It's in the newest DIS Unplugged video.

I'm far too lazy to screencap it and I also don't care if no one believes me. Just passing on what they were saying. Maybe there were more people in the back and the register guy was solo? Ehhh. Either way, they were upset.
They definitely said the booths were under-staffed. I took it to mean there was only one person at each position as opposed to one at each booth, but that may just be a matter of interpretation. :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I'm far too lazy to screencap it and I also don't care if no one believes me. Just passing on what they were saying. Maybe there were more people in the back and the register guy was solo? Ehhh. Either way, they were upset.
I watched it. One register open, def more working though. FWIW, that’s unacceptable.

MuteSuperstar

Cool I will check it out. Definitely wasn't questioning your veracity. I have no doubt they are woefully understaffed.

BrianLo

Perusing this whole discussion, it does seem like Animal Kingdom crowds are legitimately way up though and not just a byproduct of Disney tightening capacity.

'EZ Dubs', the other blocked site has been commenting on historical wait times and how the standard AK attraction waits are up about 70% over the course of 4 years (not including Pandora attractions). ~27% since just last year. If anything AK has longer hours and more capacity than last year and certainly 2 years ago.

matt9112

We just got back from a weekend trip.

Speedway running one side on Saturday at 10:15 AM with a 60 minute stanby.

This is the first weekend of Spring Break. Only 2 WDW hotels had capacity for our fam of 5.

Other booking sites showed the weekend was over 90% booked in a 10 mile radius of WDW.

FP were hard to come by. Why would they be running at half capacity on such a day?

to save money? they dont care how long you wait.

matt9112

Surprising...there's like...probably one dvc at cash...the place is always packed.

Akl is surprising...I love it but many people don't and make up excuses. They're wrong.

Price of moderates would be my crusade now...if I hadn't unofficially retired from "crusading"

the price of moderates are insane...granted it all is i have been in all the deluxe resorts for dining and apparently "ruining peoples lobby" but i scoff at those prices too. When we used to vaca we did moderates solely to avoid giant groups of children. (value seems to be very loud)

Bairstow

One thing I did notice about my trip last week is the apparent death of the single rider line. It was still being offered at Everest (when Everest wasn't down altogether), but neither Rockin nor Test Track had their single rider lines running as long as we were there, and often had signs up advising of this. Would this also be due to a reduction of staffing, if there indeed is one?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom