Leaving in a few days, looking forward to....rain?

ntoeman

So I'm really excited to leave Tuesday but I was kinda bummed to see that the weather report shows a forecast of rain every single day for the next ten days.....so how bad is it gonna be? The chance of rain is 50% or lower so I'm hopeful though. I thought I've read in the past that it rains almost everyday in Florida this time of year for about 20 minutes and that's it, is that at all true?
Thanks for any tips or info!

rainfully

Yeah... exactly. It's going to rain. It will only be for a bit in the afternoon... but it will go away... it's not a day ruiner by any means so don't even worry about it! Have fun!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

The good thing about being at Disney when it rains is that most of the attractions are indoors so you would only get wet going from one to the other. Try not to worry about it, it wont rain all day, everyday so you will be fine. Plus, the weather man is not always right. You may not even get any rain. THINK POSITIVE!:p

Have a wonderful trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

SiriusBlack

Usually after the afternoon thunderstorms is my favorite time at the parks. Around 6 oclock when it is less humid is the perfect time to be in disney:)

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Take a rain coat or poncho into the park with you and enjoy. Most people will run inside when it starts raining, which means the lines are shorter. Just slip on the rain jacket and have fun waiting in a shorter line.

Upvote 0

Philo

I would rather be in WDW when it rains than not in WDA at all!

You are always going to get alot of rain this time of year so I wouldn't let is phase you. If it looks lik your going to get wet then why not make the most of it and go on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids! There are also plenty of indoor attractions but as mot people run inside when it rains, it might be a good opportunity to hit all the other rides while the queue is short.

If you have a couple of hours of rain then even when it's cleared up, the parks will be pretty quiet so make the most of it.

Basically, a bit of rain will certainly not spoil your trip and you will still have a great time.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

That's just August in Orlando. I always go in August and the forecast always calls for rain every day.

Its usually one big downpour in the mid to late afternoon. Sometimes you'lll be inside an not even notice. Others you'll just need to run for cover for a few minutes or hit up a long ride or show until it clears.

With the August heat, I actually look forward to those rain storms as a chance to cool down.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like others have said the weather's typical MO is a quick shower about 3:00 almost daily. The best thing you can do is bring a poncho or mini umbrella. Another thing is to wear shoes that can get wet. While you typical athletic shoe is generally better on your feet, all of that will go away once they are soaked. Crocs, flip flops, or a good pair of sandals will be worth their weight in gold if you are caught in a down pour.

Upvote 0

MissM

Actually.... I hate to worry you further, but this summer has been WAY rainier than our "normal" quickie afternoon thunderstorm. We've had a LOT of rain - sometimes lasting most-to-all of the day. That's highly unusual for Florida summers but we've had some weird rain patterns this summer.

You should only encounter the typical Florida summer afternoon thunderstorm (quick, hard rain that only lasts for 20 - 45 minutes) BUT, be aware that you might get one of these weird out-of-the-ordinary rainy days too.

I'd stick with umbrellas because ponchos get HOT and pack some extra socks and/or shoes since some parks are worse than others about flooding (I'm looking at YOU, Magic Kingdom!) but try not to worry too much. Hey, a rainy day at Disney is still a better day than at home, right? ;)
-m

Upvote 0

yankspy

So I'm really excited to leave Tuesday but I was kinda bummed to see that the weather report shows a forecast of rain every single day for the next ten days.....so how bad is it gonna be? The chance of rain is 50% or lower so I'm hopeful though. I thought I've read in the past that it rains almost everyday in Florida this time of year for about 20 minutes and that's it, is that at all true?
Thanks for any tips or info!
We usually go on the long attractions when the storm is about to hit. About five minutes before you think it might start I would suggest Ellen's Energy Adventure, Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, and the Great Movie Ride. All of those are generally long enough so that you can miss most of the afternoon storms. Any longer than that, I would bring an umbrella as MissM suggested.:)

Upvote 0

strmchsr

As MissM noted, this summer has been rainer than normal in FL. However, a fairly strong high pressure will be over FL tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday resulting in slightly drier, warmer conditions. I would expect highs to be in the 91-93 range the rest of this week. Saturday through Monday the east coast trough deepens a little and the rain will be a little more widespread. Temps will also come down to the 88-90 range for highs.

A few folks have noted just to bring a poncho and keep going. Actually, that is not wise at all with Florida thunderstorms. Lightning kills more people each year than tornadoes and hurricanes combined and FL summer thunderstorms usually contain a LOT of lightning, so you're better off inside for a little while until they pass. If it's normal rain then by all means just go with the poncho.

Upvote 0

Brwneyedgirl72

Summer in Florida = RAIN. Its just something we have to get used to, but it usuallu doesn't last all day. Make the best of it - a little water never hurt anyone.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

We've had a LOT of rain - sometimes lasting most-to-all of the day. That's highly unusual for Florida summers but we've had some weird rain patterns this summer.

I think this has been true across the nation. I know here in the midwest, we have had a bunch of rain this year, between spring and summer. One can hardley keep up with the mowing. But on the other hand, everything is green! (Okay, call me a Pollyana for trying to find the silver lining!)

Upvote 0

Mr DelTaco 08

Rain in Disney

Just got back from the World. We were there since July 4th!!! We have gone this time every year for the past 10 or 11 years. This was the first year that it actually rained for several hours, and some days all day until the early evening. It was the most rain I have ever seen at Disney.

Hopefully those rains are over with and it will only be brief showers like it usually it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom