Leave A Legacy Stones Gone?

MattyFresh

I understand the whole fuss about the tombstones, but what is the big deal about the bricks outside the MK?? I don't see where they take anything away, like the tombstones are. I mean they are under your feet and unless you stop and look down it doesn't take anything away from the look of the park.

My family and I got two tiles, one of me and my brother and one of my mother and father. I would be a bit more than upset if I were to go to epcot and found that they were gone. I don't get how these were a mistake. I like them and I know a lot of people who do. There is plenty of other things WDW could get rid of or that they could use that time and money on.

EPCOTPluto

^ Create a new lucite sculpture.... :lookaroun

chipndale72: I haven't heard anything about the whole 2020 issue. Can you direct me to the website for it?

I actually kind of hope they stay. Our two tiles have really nice views of SSE. :zipit::zipit::zipit:

Figment632

I will be really ed if they do get rid of them. Park management and myself will be having a battle about me getting a full refund.

Disneyfan1981

I don't think the tiles themselves were a bad idea just bad execution. The "tombstones" as they are affectionately referred to are a bit of an eyesore and definitely do not really mesh well with the front of park in many vistor's eyes. Personally I wouldn't have a problem if the display were removed but the tiles still kept until their contract time. Maybe replace them with something like the bricks in front of MK?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hope not, besides owning one and wanting things to stay, if they were moved along with the other rumours there will be very little for fan boys to get themselves lathered up over. :shrug: And that just wouldnt do.

mousebymarriage

But for how long were they guaranteed to be displayed?

When we purchased a "Walk Around the World" brick at the Magic Kingdom, I believe that we were guaranteed that the brick would remain installed for 10 years. Our brick has now been in place for quite a bit longer. It's also in a place (just outside the express monorail station) which is now roped off and doesn't see guest traffic.
That is so strange because I am almost positive that is where my Father-in-law has a brick. He bought it before he died.
"It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all". LOL

Disneyfan1981

What in theory would happen with those bricks after the time expired? What was supposed to happen? Would they allow them to be extended? Would they resell the spaces?

Mr.EPCOT

Well, hopefully Martin and others are correct in that those horribly ugly tombstones are on their way out in the near future and restores an uncluttered, clean, beautiful, and inviting main entrance plaza once again. Good riddance!

EPCOTPluto

Yes, but the reason we bought two tiles for Leave a Legacy is basically the namesake!

I wonder if it's possible to mix all ages of EPCOT as one? Like how I type EPCOT? Still an acronym, but retains newer material?

Figment632

I always thought it would be cool if the did something similar to the MK stones at DHS. Leading up to DHS they could put small HW stars.

worldfanatic

The Leave a Legacy stones SHOULD STAY!!................................................until the EXACT SECOND they're contracted to be up.
At that exact moment, BLOW THOSE RIDICULOUS EYESORES UP!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom