Leave A Legacy Stones Gone?

njDizFan

well I guest I will be the voice of disent, so I have to say I like the leave a legacy monoliths.

I never saw EPCOT without them so they are tradition for me. I love walking hrough the gates seeing SSE, walking through the tombstones and listending to the music.

occasionally even seeing a character standing behind one.:lookaroun

I will now run and hide

dizneeboy

Temporarily leaving a legacy is a bit of a contradiction. For those of us who took part in the program, I'd like a refund if this comes to pass. Of course, I never remember reading any fine print and may be out of luck if there is a time limit that has matured.

I think burning folks wouldn't send a good message for the next time a program like this rolls around.

hpyhnt 1000

Temporarily leaving a legacy is a bit of a contradiction. For those of us who took part in the program, I'd like a refund if this comes to pass. Of course, I never remember reading any fine print and may be out of luck if there is a time limit that has matured.

I think burning folks wouldn't send a good message for the next time a program like this rolls around.

Lose the tombstones, not the tiles. The tiles/pics can stay in the entrance plaza, just in a different and more open/greener execution. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, and it's the kiosks which were removed, NOT the stones/tiles. That Facebook note was apparently based upon a story from 2007. :rolleyes:
That's what I suspected.:(:lol:

Has anyone got any pictures of the entrance before Leave a Legacy was there?

I have no idea. :shrug:
SuperStock_2064-787.jpg

Beautiful, huh?
Yes, but the reason we bought two tiles for Leave a Legacy is basically the namesake!

I wonder if it's possible to mix all ages of EPCOT as one? Like how I type EPCOT? Still an acronym, but retains newer material?
That's what I do!:lol:

EPCOT. It works.
Lose the tombstones, not the tiles. The tiles/pics can stay in the entrance plaza, just in a different and more open/greener execution. :shrug:
Or on a fountain with a curtain of clear water running over them...:lookaroun:lol:

Susan Savia

Well I would hope if they did get rid of them it would simply be to another location in the park, after all a lot of people paid money for those little tiles - including me!

I_heart_Tigger

I thught the cntract for the tiles said that they were only guranteed to be there for 20 at the latest. So we have up to 11 years before the Disney Tourist Graveyard gets dug up. I think they said the tiles may be "moved elsewhere" in the park...yeah, like stacked up to the ceiling in the Odyssey until people forget and they can dump them.

I also would not be surprised if they end up selling them back to the guests.

I never thought the tiles were considered permanent and I believe the contract reflected that, I'm happy they aren't selling them anymore though because my fear was that they were selling so many they would just replace Bert and Mildred from Wisconsin with Jim and Mary from Texas and the legacy would just keep changing for years and years to come.

Edit...just found a guest who noted points directly from their contract and according to them the contract says that when you purchase a tile you agree that "image and/or sculpture may be replaced or relocated within Walt Disney World at any time, and that the image may be permanently removed on or after the twentieth anniversary of its installation"

My only concern is the word "may" when they discuss it being permanently removed...I wish it were definate, I love seeing SE when you wanlk in the park...not some lumps of cement with generic tiny indistiguishable faces

CaptainJackNO

I would be thrilled. Now THAT would show me something. THAT would be proof. ;)
I wonder if they could even do it that quick.

I always have these great fantasies of taking a trip up there, going to a park and finding something HUGE and getting to tell y'all about it.:lol: :eek: Would be awesome.

I agree. I hated the things and knew that this was just some obscene money making stunt; however, now folks have sunk thousands of dollars into these plaques and they want to pull them up. Again, I hate the things, but if you bought one, how do you not feel like you got hosed?:shrug:

I_heart_Tigger

I agree. I hated the things and knew that this was just some obscene money making stunt; however, now folks have sunk thousands of dollars into these plaques and they want to pull them up. Again, I hate the things, but if you bought one, how do you not feel like you got hosed?:shrug:

I thought about getting one and getting a stone in the walkway just to have something for my family to show the younger ones each time we came to the parks, however I saw in both contracts that they were considering these (the stones and the tiles) temporary and would only gurantee them to be there for 10-20 years and I didn't feel like shelling out some $$$ for one when it wasn't actually a "legacy" for grandkids to see.

No one should feel hosed if you got one. It has been there for a while and the contract has always stated that it was not a permanent marker. Anyone that has a tile will have at least a few years to enjoy it but it's permanency was never part of the deal. I'm sure it's not something shouted out from the booths but if you're paying money for something...you gotta read the fine print (that's usually where you'll find all the important info, it seems)

EPCOT Explorer

They were up long enough.:shrug: And they could always save the tiles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom