Least Favorite Disney Resort

WDW_Emily

Everyone has a favorite Resorts but what is your least favorite resort?why?

mine would be Caribbean i didn't find it that clean and the busses took forever.

tink68

So far we have stayed at Pop, POFQ, POR, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. I would have to say my least favorite was the Contemporary. We had a great view and it was nice being close but it was so bland to me. Just did not seem like Disney. I have to say my favorites would be POP and POFQ.

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

Grand Floridian - It's not that I necessarily dislike this resort, but it's just not me. Maybe it's just too formal. I'd feel uncomfortable there in my shorts and tee.
Same...I would not mind staying there (heh!:p) but I feel that the other resorts are more Disney and appealing. GF felt generic.

Poly on the other hand...:sohappy::lol:

Upvote 0

tare

i love the all star music--its not garish or gaudy like the other all stars and especially like the pop--the carribbean has a terrible bus system--they are so slow!!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Of the resorts we've stayed at, I disliked Old Key West the most.

Of the resorts we've yet to stay at, I find the Contemporary to be the most boring and bland. However, I would choose to stay there over Saratoga Springs as there is nothing about that resort that I find appealing.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I've never stayed there, but Old Key West and Saratoga Springs were my least favorite as far as visiting. Way too spread out for my tastes, subpar food options and lackluster lobby areas.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

So far we have stayed at Pop, POFQ, POR, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. I would have to say my least favorite was the Contemporary. We had a great view and it was nice being close but it was so bland to me. Just did not seem like Disney. I have to say my favorites would be POP and POFQ.

I have heard this before and read reviews saying that...and also that it is dusty, pools are dirty, and the CMs are rude. Hmm...guess it's not worth the big bucks they charge, except for the views/location.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
This thread is really interesting to me. It seems a lot of you don't enjoy the Deluxe Resorts which is were you spend the most money. (besides all star, not too many people really enjoy these resorts)

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Saratoga Springs.

The place feels like one of those retirement villages. I felt so out of place when I went there. I was expecting there to be plastic on the couches.

You took the words out of my mouth. :lookaroun

I also really dislike Caribbean Beach and PO Riverside. They are just too huge and the bus system is horrific. I would gladly move into the Polynesian, PO French Quarter, or Coronado Springs if given the opportunity though. :lol:

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
All Star Music...Im sure the resort is okay but we just had a BAD room location. My brother room that was connected had bugs in the bed!

Upvote 0

SleepingMonk

Hate all the value resorts, the moderates are borderline at best.

Accommodations and dining are a very big part of the vacation experience for us. My wife and I agree that if we can't stay at the deluxe level we would just rather not go.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I would say: To each his own and different strokes for different folks and each Disney resort meets the needs of the people who love to stay there.

We are "Polynesians" (who have also been to Hawaii every year since 2005) and I love the Poly even though our last experience there had been far from magical.

I would have to say that my least favorite and this is based on just visiting the resort, not staying there, was Pop. I know I have heard so many great things about Pop, but one night we decided to check out the resort, walked into the food court, and I just couldn't take the noise and the lines. I have stayed at All Star Sports, worked at front desk at All Star Music and the only thing I don't like about those are the tiny rooms. That being said, if you're just using the room as a base to sleep and shower, then it fills its objective.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

I can't really say "least favorite" since we've only stayed at POR, but out of all of the resorts, I would probably never stay at GF. I really don't like all of the fancy, formal stuff; especially while on vacation!

Upvote 0

palmage

Anything with a "value" attached.
It's so Motel 6 and loud.
Never stayed there but picked up some friends at the Pop.

I think GF is a bit stuffy in the lobby but once you're on the grounds it's very nice.

Give me a savanna view any time....

I stay at a 6 for every FSU home game and it's exactly the same without the fiber glass

Upvote 0
My favorite is the Contemporary--staying in the Atrium. You feel like you're right there surrounded by all the magic with the MK within walking distance. I acknowledge the bland comments since it's not as all inclusive in its theming as the GF or Poly. I think it's a sentimental thing since we stayed here for our very first family vacation that I can remember when I was a child.Anyway, my DH loves the Poly the best. We're staying there in May again. And my son loves the GF. He was 10 the last time we stayed and you get over the formalness once you're on site and realize that everyone else is in shorts and tshirts. (Loved the prior post from the person who said they were trailer trash and felt comfortable--made me laugh out loud.) Everyone is entitled to their own preference which is why Disney offers so many different themed hotels. We love the stay at the WL a day or two over the Christmas holidays since it's decorated so beautifully and my family leans more toward the "woodsy" type more than city slickers anyway. Great thread.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I'm another vote for AS Sports. It was the first All Star built and Disney learned from it and improved which each other value resort. The food court is too small for sure. I would stay there in a pinch, but I really don't like it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom