Least Crowded Week In December?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Answers please? We wanna take a Sat-Thurs trip in Dec and we are looking at the 12th -17th and doing the quick service dining plan as well.

disneytopdog

I did alot research on this and finally chose November 29-December 4. Heres why:

1. Lots of the vetreans from this site that have gone during this week say it is low to manageable crowds.
2. Pop Warner doesnt start until December 5
3. Christmas Parade tapeing not until December 5.
4. The MVMCP for the DVC/AP party isnt until the following week.
5. Thanksgiving holiday ends Monday, most people are back to work or school

The only thing I could see causing larger crowds during that time, would be Free Dining was offered that week

Upvote 0

aristocats

For our week , they are offering free dining and also 4+3 free promo. So i think it will be busier then past years. I wanted to switch to POP but now i can't find any values at all now. So i assume these promos have given Disney the incentives they were after

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Black, I've gone that same week the last couple years, and the crowds really weren't too bad until that last Friday before Christmas as we were leaving. As a matter of fact, I'll be down there from the 12-19th myself on the buy 4/get 3 promotion. If you do decide to go we'll have to get together. (Can't manage a meet up in our own backyard, so we'll try for one in Disney!! Ha!Ha!)

Upvote 0

kungfoosally

i'm thinking the first week of december. There is only free dining happening then... where as the following two weeks (starting the 9th or so) there is both free dining AND the 4/3 deal going on. i had to make that decision on what to do myself, but decided to stick with the week after Thanksgiving. Plus you two should come when i am there so i can scream at you and scare you and tell you to stop taking cutesy pics together.

Upvote 0

mikeb1967

December

Hello, We went Dec. 12-18- 2007, Dec. 13-18-2008 and found the crowds to be as light as in Sept. except for weekends. We have found that using a park hopper during Dec. is a very nice way to move from park to park to maximize all the special activities during that time period. We will be on the Disney Wonder from Dec. 10-13 and in WDW from Dec. 13-18. And i'll be celebrating my BD on Dec. 17. MikeB

Upvote 0

timeman

I will also be there for the week of Dec 12th - 19th staying at Pop. I will also be hitting Universal studios for their Christmas events. I would be willing to share a ride to Universal with anybody who wants to go on the either of the two days I will go there as I will have my own vehicle as I drive down there when I go.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I did alot research on this and finally chose November 29-December 4. Heres why:

1. Lots of the vetreans from this site that have gone during this week say it is low to manageable crowds.
2. Pop Warner doesnt start until December 5
3. Christmas Parade tapeing not until December 5.
4. The MVMCP for the DVC/AP party isnt until the following week.
5. Thanksgiving holiday ends Monday, most people are back to work or school

The only thing I could see causing larger crowds during that time, would be Free Dining was offered that week

Those are the same dates that we're going.

We were there last year from Dec. 14 to Dec. 19, and until the last day, it wasn't crowded at all.

Upvote 0

coltow

In 2008 we went December 8-14. The crowds were light, not quite as light as what we just experienced in September, but close. We did notice that the crowds did pick up on the weekend though.

Upvote 0

Graham9

We'll be there from 28th Nov for two weeks. We were at WDW at that time in 07 and found the crowds heavier than expected - but not heavy enough to put a damper on things. I suppose I would describe it as Moderate to Borderline Heavy. On a scale between 0 and 5, I'd say it was between 3 and 3.5

Upvote 0

Heavy Metal

We're actually thinking of going from Dec. 12th - 14th as they have some great prices for Florida residents. We had planned on just going to Magic Kingdom for a day as my wife and stepson have never been there to see the Christmas decorations and everything. We priced it out and with the specials they're running, it would only be a little over $200 more to stay for a few days then just the one...

Upvote 0
We are going the 13th - 19th as well this year. We went this same week last year, the crowds were heavier than they are when I go the 2nd week of May but lighter than many other times of the year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom