Leap Day Entertainment

drew81

Original Poster
Rumor-

Expect there to be special entertainment during the Leap Day event at Magic Kingdom. I've also heard special characters might be out during the night hours.

drew81

Original Poster
Just to clarify-

I'm not sure whether they'll have the same entertainment as normal or whether it will be something different. Either way, I would look for something to be going on during the wee hours.

mickeysaver

I am happy to hear that there will be characters out and about. I am hoping for that. I also wonder if all of the attractions, stores, and restaurants will remain open? Afterall, when you get tired from being up into the wee smalls, you tend to get the munchies and also tend to become a little more loose with the spending choices. I would think that it would be a good thing to have those parts of the park open, however, I could be wrong. Does anyone know if the park is really staying open or only partially open?

GrumpyFan

I am happy to hear that there will be characters out and about. I am hoping for that. I also wonder if all of the attractions, stores, and restaurants will remain open? Afterall, when you get tired from being up into the wee smalls, you tend to get the munchies and also tend to become a little more loose with the spending choices. I would think that it would be a good thing to have those parts of the park open, however, I could be wrong. Does anyone know if the park is really staying open or only partially open?

I received an email from Disney Destinations today that had this to say about it:

Experience 24 hours of magic in celebration of Leap Day. Yes...for the first time in history, both Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida and Disneyland® Park in California will be open for 24 hours straight*, beginning at 6 a.m. on 2/29/12, to enjoy select attractions and entertainment! That's an entire nonstop day (and night) of magic, characters and beyond.​

Which makes it sound like maybe an EMH or special event kind of late night opening.
"Select attractions and entertainment", can also be read as "Limited attractions and entertainment".

mickeysaver

I received an email from Disney Destinations today that had this to say about it:

Experience 24 hours of magic in celebration of Leap Day. Yes...for the first time in history, both Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida and Disneyland® Park in California will be open for 24 hours straight*, beginning at 6 a.m. on 2/29/12, to enjoy select attractions and entertainment! That's an entire nonstop day (and night) of magic, characters and beyond.​

Which makes it sound like maybe an EMH or special event kind of late night opening.
"Select attractions and entertainment", can also be read as "Limited attractions and entertainment".

Thanks for that info. Hmmm, now I just have to figure out if that will be worth losing sleep over. :drevil:

Pioneer Hall

Disney tends to use the select attractions line a lot. Just like how they use Select resorts when talking about resorts. By throwing the word select in it allows them to make decisions when they want without having to justify it. So should they choose to close things that night, they are covered. Should they choose to close something in the middle of the night without notice, they are covered for that as well.

Communicore

I bet it's also select food joints, that means Main Street Bakery, maybe a bit of Caseys but no Cosmic's, Pecos, or Aloha Isle...:lol:

rct247

You can almost bet that Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Country Bear Jamboree, and the Enchanted Tiki Room will NOT be staying open 24 hours that day. They will probably open around 9am and close by 11pm. Otherwise, it will play to empty shows at 3, 4, and 5 in the morning.

I almost wonder if other attractions will also not operate a full 24 hours.

blm07

That character Michael Eisner will show up and ask you your name... "here you go (your name here), see you around the park! Bring money!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom