Le Cellier vs Yachtsman's

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I recently started a thread about the same thing!
Yachtsman is our must do! But I was looking to try Le Cellier until I saw they changed their signature dish, the filet. Seemed like the only thing people recommended. I read a few reviews and almost every one said the new sauce and risotto was not good & bland. Someone on these boards said the same thing:

Check out my thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/le-cellier-truffle-butter-or-bust.886799/

Personally I can't see going from Epcot to Yachtsman just because of the dress code.
We tend to head to Yachtsman after a day at AK, the water parks, or our arrival night.
It tends to take about 2 hours and then we spend time wandering the Boardwalk.**

**Which might allow you to see the Xmas decor in those resort since you will be there in December
Ah, good call about going after a day at AK. Since it closes so early while we are there (5pm) we have an evening open where a visit to Yachtsman's would fit quite nicely...

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
Lol... So true...I do like the no under 10 as well.... I know disney is more of a kids place, but it is nice to get away from the little bundle of joys once and a while. I wish they would do more, but I know
Are you saying there are no kids allowed under 10??? If so, OH is that a HUGE selling point for me; more people should have led with that! :hilarious: Don't get me wrong, I have a big heart for kids... but not in restaurants.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Oh and having the dress code is nice. I know people are on vacation, but once in a while it's nice to sit down to a meal without denim Dan in his cut-off jean shorts & his t-shirt of an American Eagle grasping a 6-pack of PBR sitting next to you.
I agree. Last year we were at Yachtsman when this family of 7 (2 adults, and 5 "disney adult" children) walked up and asked to be seated. They looked like they just woke up. One girl even had pjs on!
They were seated and we overheard the waiter explain that it was a signature dining experience and takes two credits on the dining plan. They instantly got up and walked out.:hilarious: They looked really out of place.

Yachtsman is the one signature I see people actually stick to the dress code in. Unlike Narcoossee's!:rolleyes:

Hockey89

I agree. Last year we were at Yachtsman when this family of 7 (2 adults, and 5 "disney adult" children) walked up and asked to be seated. They looked like they just woke up. One girl even had pjs on!
They were seated and we overheard the waiter explain that it was a signature dining experience and takes two credits on the dining plan. They instantly got up and walked out.:hilarious: They looked really out of place.

Yachtsman is the one signature I see people actually stick to the dress code in. Unlike Narcoossee's!:rolleyes:
The future of our country...Yikes...

psukardi

No kids under 10 at Victoria and Alberts... It's very nice....

Also have a dress code that's somewhat enforced. Something about going to Mizers for a pre-dinner drink, listening to the house band and then having a nice 2+ hour dinner at V&A really takes the edge off. Does anyone have the full list of places that are "child free" or is V&A the only one?

Hockey89

Also have a dress code that's somewhat enforced. Something about going to Mizers for a pre-dinner drink, listening to the house band and then having a nice 2+ hour dinner at V&A really takes the edge off. Does anyone have the full list of places that are "child free" or is V&A the only one?
Bars should be but that doesn't happen.... I do love when 6 year olds take bar seats at 10 at night...

psukardi

OH I thought you meant at Yachtsman's. DAGNABBIT! Oh well.

Don't worry! Due to Yachtsman being off-site (having to leave the park) the odds of seeing small children is slim-to-none. I can't recall seeing anyone under 16 there during my times there. Sure it could have been luck or timing of the visits; however, I'd like my chances better @ Yachtsman for kid free dining.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Ah, good call about going after a day at AK. Since it closes so early while we are there (5pm) we have an evening open where a visit to Yachtsman's would fit quite nicely...
And I see you are staying at POR, we just stayed their in May and took a taxi over to The Yacht club. It was so easy and worth it to skip Disney transportation.
Called the front desk, they transferred us to Mears, and they were more than happy to meet us out front at whatever time we wanted. (we ended up being out front 15 minutes before we asked them to arrive, and they were already there! We ended up with the same driver on the cab ride back, the Yacht club valet called a cab for us this time.) Made for an excellent date night.
We spent $14 including tip each way to get there.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
V&A is pretty much it save for Jellyrolls and Rix which are not restaurants.

wannabeBelle

I agree with most everyone here, Yachtsman is definitely the choice I'd make. I have always liked the menu and atmosphere better. The food is better as are the quality of the ingredients. The Caesar salad is awesome as is the 8 oz filet. The break apart garlic rolls served with roasted garlic and fresh butter with sea salt is a perfect choice for a bread course If you can find the room after that, the Vanilla Crème Brulee is a little piece of heaven. I think you will find this WELL worth the 2 dining credits. Be sure to schedule dinner early enough to leisurely enjoy your meal, then walk or take the Friendship boats back into EPCOT for Illuminations. A great ending to a wonderful evening!! Marie

Don't worry! Due to Yachtsman being off-site (having to leave the park) the odds of seeing small children is slim-to-none. I can't recall seeing anyone under 16 there during my times there. Sure it could have been luck or timing of the visits; however, I'd like my chances better @ Yachtsman for kid free dining.
We have taken our daughter there on 3 occasions now and this will be her 4th. Each time she has ranged in age from 11 months to 4. She loves the restaurant and is actually treated better there than some of the restaurants that cater to kids. However, we are lucky my daughter is extremely well behaved and will sit in restaurants for long periods at a time. We have done it ever since she was 3 months. We figured teacher her early to sit and behave. You have to get used to people making faces though when you are first seated but once they see she is able to sit and not complain other diners usually warm up.

Hockey89

We have taken our daughter there on 3 occasions now and this will be her 4th. Each time she has ranged in age from 11 months to 4. She loves the restaurant and is actually treated better there than some of the restaurants that cater to kids. However, we are lucky my daughter is extremely well behaved and will sit in restaurants for long periods at a time. We have done it ever since she was 3 months. We figured teacher her early to sit and behave. You have to get used to people making faces though when you are first seated but once they see she is able to sit and not complain other diners usually warm up.
Not really a suprise you get faces because 90% of the time it is a complete nightmare for everybody else spending a couple 100 listening to screaming kids..... Sure some kids are well behaved to be at a really nice place, but the majority fail.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I have seen kids there but they were all pretty well behaved. I think it comes down to restaurant atmosphere.
I found Narcoossee's atmosphere loud and people came in park attire while Yachtsman definitely seemed more upscale and people were mindful of how loud they were.

I have seen kids there but they were all pretty well behaved. I think it comes down to restaurant atmosphere.
I found Narcoossee's atmosphere loud and people came in park attire while Yachtsman definitely seemed more upscale and people were mindful of how loud they were.
I agree. We have eaten at both and are fans of both as we discussed in your previous post. I think a lot comes down to the parents. Part of the issue with Narcoosee's is you can go out and see Wishes. So I have seen kids in that restaurant who were generally subdued and polite come in after Wishes and believe it is perfectly ok to get up and walk all around the restaurant because they have just watched the whole restaurant do the same. Then again I have seen a group of about 12 adults at Yachtsman act wholly in appropriately, wherein they ate the entire meal, were loud and obnoxious to the point where the other tables around them were complaining, then called over the manager and advised they didn't like the meal and wanted a discount. They then left without leaving any gratuity.

wannabeBelle

Thank you for taking the time to teach your daughter good manners and how to behave well in public places. Good parenting is not easy, it is a lot of hard work and you should be complimented!!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom