Le Cellier vs Yachtsman's

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
Hello everyone! I need help deciding...
We nailed down an ADR at Le Cellier for our upcoming trip in December. However, since then, I have heard some negative things about Le Cellier, and quite a few positive things about Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The only downside I see about Yachtsman's is that it is not located inside a park, and it would take longer to go eat there than it would to eat at Le Cellier. However, if it is truly THAT much better than Le Cellier, perhaps the extra time investment would be worth it. If you have anything negative to say about Le Cellier, please do me the favor of providing details of why instead of just saying "Yachtsman's is better". I've seen plenty of that and I need more firm details to make my decision. Thanks y'all!

Random though: Should I just not opt for a signature and eat at Via Napoli for lunch and Coral Reef for dinner? We'll be stuffed but hey, it's vacation! :hungry::cool:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You will get both sides here. We have eaten at LeCellier several times (including just this past May), and the food and service have always been excellent. We have eaten at Yachtsman as well, and simply did not find it to be as good. Of course, we may have gotten them on a bad night, but we had 6 adults (well 2 parents and 4 adult children), and they got 5 of the 6 orders for our steaks wrong! It was so bad that the manager took 2 of the steaks off our bill. We are very hesitant to try it again.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You will get both sides. We prefer Le Cellier hands down! Yachtsman is okay not great to us. We also know a good steak and good food and still pick Le Cellier to go to every single trip as a must do and love it. We have been the last 4 years in a row, and every time we went before the last 4 years too and are going back again this year. Never had anything less than superb service and excellent meals! Totally up to you on what you all want but we know our personal fave out of the 2. :) Oh also we love Jiko too!! Wonderful steak and other menu items and superb service as well! We do that as a must do also now every trip. So those 2 win out over Yachtsman for us. :)

LWB

Location shouldn't factor in because like someone else said, Yachtsman is a super quick walk from Epcot through the International Gateway. On our last trip, we stayed at Beach Club and walked that walk several times - it is quick and pleasant. We have dined at Yachtsman and Le Cellier and I preferred Le Cellier between the two of them. The food was excellent at both, but the group we dined with all thought Le Cellier food was better. The atmosphere was better at Le Cellier, in our opinion (We were seated next to a window at Yachtsman and had a view of the pool crowd which took away from the atmosphere). I think overall Le Cellier is just a better experience - the garden outside of Le Cellier is beautiful and (even though its close) you don't have to leave the park. Honestly though, you can't go wrong with either of them.

psukardi

Location shouldn't factor in because like someone else said, Yachtsman is a super quick walk from Epcot through the International Gateway. On our last trip, we stayed at Beach Club and walked that walk several times - it is quick and pleasant. We have dined at Yachtsman and Le Cellier and I preferred Le Cellier between the two of them. The food was excellent at both, but the group we dined with all thought Le Cellier food was better. The atmosphere was better at Le Cellier, in our opinion (We were seated next to a window at Yachtsman and had a view of the pool crowd which took away from the atmosphere). I think overall Le Cellier is just a better experience - the garden outside of Le Cellier is beautiful and (even though its close) you don't have to leave the park. Honestly though, you can't go wrong with either of them.

What did you like about the atmosphere at Le Cellier? Every time I've gone it's been horribly lit (I like dim - but you have to do it right with the proper lighting) and you're stacked on top of the next table with zero ability to have a conversation. And then since it's in the park you have tons of people sweaty and smelly bringing in their precious snowflakes that think it's funny or cute to act out and make a ruckus. The food at Le Cellier is a horrible mix between Outback Steakhouse & Olive Garden. Quality of meat you'd get from the first with the over salting and seasoning that you'd get from the latter.

Mista C

Yachtsman every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Better atmosphere, less crowding, better quality food. It's a short walk from the International Gateway so it's not like you're going out of your way since you'd already be in Canada for the other place.

Agree 100%. Yachtsman is hands down the best restaurant on property IMO. I have been going for years. My parents go there to eat every single year for their Anniversary. They sit at the same table every time and get the same waiter, Oscar, every time. He has been working there as a waiter for at least 20 years. The first time that I ever ate at the Yachtsman it was 1994 and I was 21. Oscar was our waiter then. Food is unreal, atmosphere is fantastic, not a super-crowded restaurant, beautiful lounge next door... wish I could eat there tonight!

Yachtsman every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Better atmosphere, less crowding, better quality food. It's a short walk from the International Gateway so it's not like you're going out of your way since you'd already be in Canada for the other place.
I agree the food is much better at Yachtsman as is the atmosphere. Yachtsman is a much slower paced meal, if you are doing three course plan on being there 2 hours. Le Cellier often feels rushed. Yachtsman's atmosphere is also more subdued. Le Cellier often seems much more crowded and louder. Yachtsman is a much more traditional steakhouse. I agree with the poster that said Le Cellier is simply a signature due to its popularity. It's service and food simply don't rise to signature quality.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I recently started a thread about the same thing!
Yachtsman is our must do! But I was looking to try Le Cellier until I saw they changed their signature dish, the filet. Seemed like the only thing people recommended. I read a few reviews and almost every one said the new sauce and risotto was not good & bland. Someone on these boards said the same thing:

Check out my thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/le-cellier-truffle-butter-or-bust.886799/

Personally I can't see going from Epcot to Yachtsman just because of the dress code.
We tend to head to Yachtsman after a day at AK, the water parks, or our arrival night.
It tends to take about 2 hours and then we spend time wandering the Boardwalk.**

**Which might allow you to see the Xmas decor in those resort since you will be there in December

Last edited:

Hockey89

For me it's second to Victoria & Albert's. However, if you're asking best place to get a steak I'd agree with you.
Vicotoria & Alberts is the best on property... Agreed and that's why they get a ton of awards.... There are a bunch of very good places at Disney but v&a is at another level

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I agree the food is much better at Yachtsman as is the atmosphere. Yachtsman is a much slower paced meal, if you are doing three course plan on being there 2 hours. Le Cellier often feels rushed. Yachtsman's atmosphere is also more subdued. Le Cellier often seems much more crowded and louder. Yachtsman is a much more traditional steakhouse. I agree with the poster that said Le Cellier is simply a signature due to its popularity. It's service and food simply don't rise to signature quality.
Thanks for that detail about the pace; that's not something I'd thought about.

Hockey89

Oh and having the dress code is nice. I know people are on vacation, but once in a while it's nice to sit down to a meal without denim Dan in his cut-off jean shorts & his t-shirt of an American Eagle grasping a 6-pack of PBR sitting next to you.
Lol... So true...I do like the no under 10 as well.... I know disney is more of a kids place, but it is nice to get away from the little bundle of joys once and a while. I wish they would do more, but I know

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom