Latest Fantasyland aerials (March 14 2011)

WDWFREAK53

If the mine train coaster sucked up the budget and Toontown had not been demolished yet, then why get rid of it at all? Seems like alot of money to waste simply to make Dumbo fit in. They could have demolished the playground and Donald's boat and accomplished a single Dumbo there.
Now I just saved a couple million dollars and Toontown is only partially down. Seems as though this area is still going to attract the same demographic, younger kids who can't ride the taller height requirement rides anyway. I thought they were trying to make it more suited to boys because Pixie Hollow would have been too girly. Seems like it's more suited to toddlers. Pirate ships are what boys want in Disney.
I agree that it is leaning towards a cheap Hester and Chester deal rather than what we could have had.

I just don't understand why they don't build the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. :)
It would be a large playground full of interactive things and they could base the "land" off of the carnival theme in one of the episodes. It had a rollercoaster that encompassed the playhouse, a small ferris wheel, a cupcake-go-round, and a small theater.

(Do I think it's the best use of the land? No...but the same age bracket is being focused on...and MMC is loved by the little ones. (Plus, it ties in with a "Toon-town-esque" feel...and it's where all of the main characters come to play.)

jmick71

Mickey's tent wasn't structurally unsound, but the canvas was dryrotted. I'm not sure about the store tent.

i did not think it was unsound thats just what the rummers said( if they were they would have been closed and repaired a long time ago) I knew that they were rotting though

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
i did not think it was unsound thats just what the rummers said( if they were they would have been closed and repaired a long time ago) I knew that they were rotting though

Lee has stated the two largest tents would be getting a thorough refurbishment rather than a total replacement. That goes beyond mere rumors for me....

RSoxNo1

I know Fred Hazelton over at touringplans.com had a study that indicated an increase wait times across the Magic Kingdom as a result of the closure to Toontown Fair. It seems that capacity is really going to be stretched to the limit for the holidays this year. I would expect to see an increase in phased closings around Easter, Christmas and New Years this year.

tirian

I know Fred Hazelton over at touringplans.com had a study that indicated an increase wait times across the Magic Kingdom as a result of the closure to Toontown Fair. It seems that capacity is really going to be stretched to the limit for the holidays this year. I would expect to see an increase in phased closings around Easter, Christmas and New Years this year.
The extended refurb Splash Mountain received a few years ago helped push along the FLE. When the E-ticket was closed for a few months, queue lengths rose throughout the park. The Space Mountain refurb had the same effect, but at that point FLE had received the green light.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
They are WDI project offices now. They were previously backstage buildings.

Well the one between the path and Barnstormer is the odd one for me. I remember seeing it, just never thought about it not being used for anything on stage. I'm guessing it was a storage barn for Barnstormer?

More like the money was moved to the Mine coaster.
I'm curious why the didn't keep Toontown and either put all of the "extra" funds to adding more details to FLE or save the "extra" funds for a larger project later on when more funding is available. Why replace a "temporary" area with something just as mediocre. Wouldn't it be better to save the time and money and keep what's already there? I just feel like that money could have been spent much more wisely (or saved).

jmick71

Lee has stated the two largest tents would be getting a thorough refurbishment rather than a total replacement. That goes beyond mere rumors for me....

o ok other threads people thought they were getting replaced but it is obvious now that there not

but they should have just bulldozed everything in that land!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
o ok other threads people thought they were getting replaced but it is obvious now that there not

but they should have just bulldozed everything in that land!

If you can save some money by recycling certain items, be it a trash can, sign or even a tent of that size, then it makes sense to do so and put those monies into something else. While I would have loved for the FLE to be brand-spanking new from the ground up, I can accept the financial decision to refurbish rather than replace....

jmick71

I'm curious why the didn't keep Toontown and either put all of the "extra" funds to adding more details to FLE or save the "extra" funds for a larger project later on when more funding is available. Why replace a "temporary" area with something just as mediocre. Wouldn't it be better to save the time and money and keep what's already there? I just feel like that money could have been spent much more wisely (or saved).

exactly what i thought !
and yah the money could have been saved, and by keeping toon town open for now it would not have had such a large affect on the wait times
they could have easily opened LM and B&B then worked on the area where toon town is, or was.

jmick71

If you can save some money by recycling certain items, be it a trash can, sign or even a tent of that size, then it makes sense to do so and put those monies into something else. While I would have loved for the FLE to be brand-spanking new from the ground up, I can accept the financial decision to refurbish rather than replace....

yah you right that it does save a TUN of money !!!!

Lee

Adventurer
Well the one between the path and Barnstormer is the odd one for me. I remember seeing it, just never thought about it not being used for anything on stage. I'm guessing it was a storage barn for Barnstormer?
Yep. Barnstormer's storage/maintenance building.

jjharvpro

Amazing pics! WOW! SO MUCH PROGRESS!!

Even from behind the walls, you can tell there has been a ton of work!!

A lot of dirt in Toontown that you can see from the TTAP now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom