Latest Fantasyland aerials (March 14 2011)

RSoxNo1

Can someone identify what is planned for the black patch in front of the Be Our Guest Restaurant? Is that one of the other Beauty and the Beast elements?

RAXIP

Can someone identify what is planned for the black patch in front of the Be Our Guest Restaurant? Is that one of the other Beauty and the Beast elements?

It's the roof of the Utilidors. It will bo covered mostly by grass and the entrance/exit paths for Belle's cottage.

fantasylandmodel.jpg

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
OK. So what are the two green roofed buildings left standing in Toontown? One is closest to the tracks (looks like a maintenance shed) and the other is behind Barstormer near the path to Tomorrowland. Never noticed either of them before. Interesting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK. So what are the two green roofed buildings left standing in Toontown? One is closest to the tracks (looks like a maintenance shed) and the other is behind Barstormer near the path to Tomorrowland. Never noticed either of them before. Interesting.

They are WDI project offices now. They were previously backstage buildings.

misterID

Man, the progress has moved along pretty well.

And finally.....

the speedway must go and the sooner the better. It is pathetic 'show' and it long long past obsolete. And it smells bad too.

Great pictures but the amazing new areas being right next to the speedway is just ridiculous. :dazzle:

Yes, yes, yes.

I know some little kids like it, but really, it's pretty awful. Why spend a penny to update it or "fix" it when you can use that land for something else? Like what they're doing with FLE. I don't think, imo, that the amount of room it takes up, or wastes for that matter, that there's reason to try and salvage it. If you shorten the ride to make room for more attractions, it would make the actual ride that much worse.

A lot of beloved attractions have gone to the graveyard. Attractions much better than Speedway. This could actually be a step up.

sweetpee_1993

Okay. I'm not one to keep up with the construction like others. I stop by for the jist and a few pics from time to time. These aerial shots of TT were breathtaking. I've not been overly emotional or attached to any part of TT but the first look with the mouse houses gone hit me like a ton of bricks. Seriously. Tears. Which is odd.

Gotta agree with others, quite disappointing that they didn't go on and mow down those old tents and bring in some newer, nicer tents. Hopefully there's still some serious work to come to them so they at least feel new.

Geez. I need a kleenex. :lol:

Thanks for the fab shots, Scott & Steve! Very cool stuff indeed!

:wave:

tirian

yah we know but there were some roomers floating around that they were going to rebuild them because they were structurally unsound( being that they were only supposed to be temporary with mickey's bday land:p but they are still standing LOL)

Mickey's tent wasn't structurally unsound, but the canvas was dryrotted. I'm not sure about the store tent.

wsmith1978

Sad to see Mickey and Minnie's houses totally gone, but I am so very excited for the future of this area in Fantasyland! It's amazing, when comparing this arial view to the one taken in June of '10 just how much has been accomplished.

jmmc

I like these early construction photos. It's very strange to see how at this early date, the attraction structures look just like any old building. I mean, I know in reality that all the theming is simply a facade covering a plain, boring building, but it's still strange to actually see it.

I remember that while I always loved the Skyway, I also thought it hurt the Fantasyland theme a bit when you could see the regular roofs of the show buildings.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Mickey's tent wasn't structurally unsound, but the canvas was dryrotted. I'm not sure about the store tent.

I think one of the areas in which money could be saved on the FLE was the refurbishment of the remaining tents, as opposed to replacing them altogether. Mickey's was the only one (I believe) pretty much beyond repair....

IWant2GoNow

Is it just me, or does it look like the space for SDMC look kind of small?

Keep in mind that the area where the construction wall is now will probably be brought forward even closer to Pooh. So all of the area where the trees are lined up as well as a few feet more where the wall is sitting will probably all be part of SDMC.

wdwfan4ver

What parts of the FLE (if any) will be open for July next year?
Storybook Circus Should be open based on Lee's Time line. Lee typed the timeline last month on a FLE thread.

The only part that might not be for Storybook Circus is the meet & greet.

The Beauty and the Beast/Little Mermaid will not be open by July 2012, unless the timeline changes. The Beauty and the Beast/Little Mermaid part is supposed to open anywhere from October to December of 2012, unless it moves up. The Mine Train isn't supposed to open before Jan. to March 2014 at this time.

Disney Rocks

Disagree. The budget for this area (circusville) was cut. Simple as that.

Just some observations and opinions...

If the tents are staying and they are visible from other parts of FL then they seriously need a new theme with a more medieval look IMO. I hate that they didn't bulldoze this area and go with a more unifying theme with the rest of the FLE. But no sense in whining about that anymore. It is a done deal it appears.

And finally.....

the speedway must go and the sooner the better. It is pathetic 'show' and it long long past obsolete. And it smells bad too.

Great pictures but the amazing new areas being right next to the speedway is just ridiculous. :dazzle:
I agree, the Speedway has to go. It takes up too much valuable real estate and smells awful.

Great pictures! A lot of progress is being made. When will they start the Mine Coaster? When the exteriors for BatB and LM are complete?

More like the money was moved to the Mine coaster.

If the mine train coaster sucked up the budget and Toontown had not been demolished yet, then why get rid of it at all? Seems like alot of money to waste simply to make Dumbo fit in. They could have demolished the playground and Donald's boat and accomplished a single Dumbo there.
Now I just saved a couple million dollars and Toontown is only partially down. Seems as though this area is still going to attract the same demographic, younger kids who can't ride the taller height requirement rides anyway. I thought they were trying to make it more suited to boys because Pixie Hollow would have been too girly. Seems like it's more suited to toddlers. Pirate ships are what boys want in Disney.
I agree that it is leaning towards a cheap Hester and Chester deal rather than what we could have had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom