News Lasseter taking leave of absence

ToTBellHop

This is shameful.

It likely won’t, but I hope this brings down Iger. I hope the women who were victimized by Lasseter find the courage within themselves to speak to the press on the record. I hope writers tell Zenia Mucha to stick her threats up her you know where.

This behavior should not be tolerated.
Maybe they’ll insist he wear Hawaiian shirts that say “Predator” on the back?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is shameful.

It likely won’t, but I hope this brings down Iger. I hope the women who were victimized by Lasseter find the courage within themselves to speak to the press on the record. I hope writers tell Zenia Mucha to stick her threats up her you know where.

This behavior should not be tolerated.
Maybe they’ll insist he wear Hawaiian shirts that say “Predator” on the back?
Maybe I missed something and if I have I hope someone will educate me. But has anything more severe than "unwanted hugging" even been alleged, let alone proven?

If that's the extent of it, give me a freaking break. That's not "predator" behavior. Inappropriate? Sure. Slap on the wrist and "knock it off, John"? Sure. Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein borderline-rapist-destroy-your-career-and-reputation-and-maybe-go-to-prison? No.

the.dreamfinder

Maybe I missed something and if I have I hope someone will educate me. But has anything more severe than "unwanted hugging" even been alleged, let alone proven?

If that's the extent of it, give me a freaking break. That's not "predator" behavior. Inappropriate? Sure. Slap on the wrist and "knock it off, John"? Sure. Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein borderline-rapist-destroy-your-career-and-reputation-and-maybe-go-to-prison? No.
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Disney paid out settlements to victims. Vanity Fair reported he forcibly French kissed a female Disney employee at an Oscars after party in 2010. CB claimed Bob Iger knows settlements have been made.

Is he Weinstein? No. Does he deserve a career and to be held in high esteem? No.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Disney paid out settlements to victims. Vanity Fair reported he forcibly French kissed a female Disney employee at an Oscars after party in 2010. CB claimed Bob Iger knows settlements have been made.
It doesn't say "forcibly." It's perfectly plausible that drunk Lasseter and drunk employee made out at a party. Certainly inappropriate for a married man at a work function, but the woman isn't even alleging that she's a victim of anything. Happens all the time. The only victim in that scenario is Lasseter's wife.

And settlements don't mean anything. Disney settles with families who say that Tigger groped their kids all the time. It doesn't mean Tigger ACTUALLY groped their kids, it means that Disney is trying to avoid the PR disaster and legal costs of a lawsuit.

Is he Weinstein? No. Does he deserve a career and to be held in high esteem? No.
All I'm saying is that we don't have any facts. I personally know assault victims and I also know people who have been falsely accused of assault and these things are rarely as black and white as they appear.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
God I hope Disney didn't pay off the Victims. Keeping Lasseter around isn't a good idea
Victims or "victims"? There's a difference. I suspect, in Lasseter's case, there may be some of each. Legitimate people he harassed and other people who were seeking a payday. Be careful jumping into bed (pun intended) with the #MeToo crowd.

Husband and wife share a bottle of wine at dinner. They go home and make love. That husband is now officially a rapist according to #MeToo.

Indy_UK

Oh don't worry I'm certainly not about the #metoo thing but even if Lasseter was completely innocent, bringing him back with a potential pay off happening doesn't look good on Disney

Bairstow

Victims or "victims"? There's a difference. I suspect, in Lasseter's case, there may be some of each. Legitimate people he harassed and other people who were seeking a payday. Be careful jumping into bed (pun intended) with the #MeToo crowd.

Husband and wife share a bottle of wine at dinner. They go home and make love. That husband is now officially a rapist according to #MeToo.

How do you figure?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Oh don't worry I'm certainly not about the #metoo thing but even if Lasseter was completely innocent, bringing him back with a potential pay off happening doesn't look good on Disney
Yep, and that's one of the problems with this bizarre system where HR departments are in charge of investigating this type of thing in the first place. If someone is the victim of a crime, the appropriate party to investigate that crime is the local police department. It shouldn't be up to your company's Human Resources or your University's disciplinary board. Actual law enforcement should be the ones enforcing these laws.

Animaniac93-98

Would the company send him away for 6 months and hold a “day of listening” if hugging was the only issue?

Bairstow

That's how consent is determined in a lot of cases, especially on college campuses. Someone who has been drinking is considered incapable of consent, regardless of how much they've been drinking or whether the other party had been drinking as well.
I just fail to see what your scenario has to do with #metoo if it doesn't involve any allegations of abuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom