News Lasseter taking leave of absence

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Most companies have some type of sexual harassment training. To not have such puts the company at great liability. I don't buy the assertion that Lasseter didn't know what he was doing was inappropriate.
How many times have you sat thru a sexual harassment training session with a senior executive present? (Hint: almost never)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You tell and you don’t work again.
And I'm guessing that particular axiom of the "Pirates' Code" goes all the way up to the top, whether by silent assent or for personal issues.

It seems sexual harassment still "isn't a problem" until it becomes a public problem.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And I'm guessing that particular axiom of the "Pirates' Code" goes all the way up to the top, whether by silent assent or for personal issues.

It seems sexual harassment still "isn't a problem" until it becomes a public problem.

And now the public is learning how pervasive that problem is. But we will never fix this if some are allowed to skate..... It's hypocritical to believe Ashley Judd or Amber Anderson or Kate Beckinsale or Heather Graham or Daryll Hannah or Lena Headey or any of the other 80 women who have come forward about Harvey Weinstein and not believe another group of 16 women or a 14 year old.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And now the public is learning how pervasive that problem is. But we will never fix this if some are allowed to skate..... It's hypocritical to believe Ashley Judd or Amber Anderson or Kate Beckinsale or Heather Graham or Daryll Hannah or Lena Headey or any of the other 80 women who have come forward about Harvey Weinstein and not believe another group of 16 women or a 14 year old.
...thus arrives the inevitable breach of politics... and we were doing so well keeping the issues separate.

Bacon

Oh lol didn’t know but still he’s leaving over this? Watch it be like when he touches people’s knees next to him to say that they are working on a project

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh lol didn’t know but still he’s leaving over this? Watch it be like when he touches people’s knees next to him to say that they are working on a project

Please read the linked articles. It's more than a touch to a knee. It's women placing their bodies and appendages in such a position as to prevent that touch of the knee moving elsewhere. Ever wonder why women may cross their arms over their chests?

jaxonp

Then why mention what you thought his orientation was at all?

Why not? I’m shocked at the story because I was under the impression that women weren’t his thing... hence the story being shocking to me. I’m not sure what’s hard to follow there.

disneygeek90

How many times have you sat thru a sexual harassment training session with a senior executive present? (Hint: almost never)
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You mean attend a training session with an executive? No one does that. My company has sessions online that everyone in the company (Yes, even our CEO) must complete.

Lasseter knew what he was doing and he knew it didn't align with company policies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You mean attend a training session with an executive? No one does that. My company has sessions online that everyone in the company (Yes, even our CEO) must complete.

Lasseter knew what he was doing and he knew it didn't align with company policies.
So, who monitors senior executives training? Is it someone who works for the senior executives?

the.dreamfinder

Sabattical or suspension?

Gary Snyder says John has been banned from stepping foot on Disney’s SoCal campuses and the Pixar campus in Emeryville.
John Lasseter, formerly the head of animation for $DIS, has been banned from the lot in Burbank, from Emeryville, from Glendale, from all corporate locations. Per a source in corporate security @Disney, he has been - for all intents & purposes - trespassed. @sharonwaxman @TheWrap
https://twitter.com/thatsjustgary/status/933345721474002944

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm going to take the position that until accusers are shown to be in either category, I will believe them. To do otherwise risks silencing the countless number of women - and men, let's not forget they too have been preyed upon - who are victims.

By no means do I excuse or discount abuse of power and or position.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not sure what there is to monitor. I assume it is HR's job to make sure all employees have completed and passed the online requirements.

If an online course, HR does monitor and will insure ALL employees take the course. Our director repeatedly complained that "HR was on my rear" for him to complete the course. He only did when his boss, who HR reported to, got on his case. And this guy needed the training, trust me.... Harassing female staff wasn't the only offense he was guilty of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom