Lasers back on in Dinosaur

The Duck

I didn't even know there were supposed to be laser effects!
5r.jpg

Sadly, a lot of people don't know about the lasers as well as many other effects that have either been broken or "Turned off" for years.

The Empress Lilly

Any animal in particular? Giant pandas could draw a crowd and sell LOTS of souvenirs but they're hard to come by and have tons of red tape attached. That's why there's only 4 zoos in America that have them. San Diego, Atlanta, Memphis and National Zoo in Wash. D.C.

Any animal would do. I love DAK when it is not ashamed to be a well-themed zoo. :)

Giant pandas would be great! I do have issues with the Chinese government from which you can only rent pandas.

A personal wish would be hyenas. Zoos never have them, because they have a weird image I suppose. Which is a shame, I find them fascinating and beautiful creatures!

djlaosc

Any animal would do. I love DAK when it is not ashamed to be a well-themed zoo. :)

Giant pandas would be great! I do have issues with the Chinese government from which you can only rent pandas.

A personal wish would be hyenas. Zoos never have them, because they have a weird image I suppose. Which is a shame, I find them fascinating and beautiful creatures!

They have Hyenas at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (or at least they did in 2011)

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/Animals/Know-Our-Stars/Hyenas

RSoxNo1

I'd give up avatar for just one animal exhibit. :)
I've been barking up this tree for a while. If the build time for Avatar is 2017, the park needs additions prior to that opening. Giant Pandas are the most obvious addition, but that may have to wait until after Shanghai opens. Koalas and Orangutans may have some appeal, but Giant Pandas would be able to help sustain attendance until Avatar opens. They may also create a window whereby Expedition Everest could close for Yeti repairs.

RSoxNo1

The Southwick Zoo in Mendon, MA has Spotted Hyenas. I believe they were originally planned for Kilimanjaro Safaris but were ultimately cut.

NEL

Any animal in particular? Giant pandas could draw a crowd and sell LOTS of souvenirs but they're hard to come by and have tons of red tape attached. That's why there's only 4 zoos in America that have them. San Diego, Atlanta, Memphis and National Zoo in Wash. D.C.
Well maybe with disneys new relationships in China it might be easier for them to get a couple. May trade in a few Mickey ears for them.

NEL

I've been barking up this tree for a while. If the build time for Avatar is 2017, the park needs additions prior to that opening. Giant Pandas are the most obvious addition, but that may have to wait until after Shanghai opens. Koalas and Orangutans may have some appeal, but Giant Pandas would be able to help sustain attendance until Avatar opens. They may also create a window whereby Expedition Everest could close for Yeti repairs.
I could be wrong but I just can't see families or the majority of central fl tourist planing more time in Ak to see pandas, or any type of animal for that matter.

RSoxNo1

I could be wrong but I just can't see families or the majority of central fl tourist planing more time in Ak to see pandas, or any type of animal for that matter.
Giant Pandas are the single biggest draw for any stateside zoo. I don't think it's unreasonable to see a 500K-1 million guest attendance boost as a result of Pandas.

ctxak98

they have hyenas in my zoo in Milwaukee!

The Empress Lilly

Koalas and orangutangs....Australia and Indonesia. You know, if Disney were to add both into a single Australasia area, between them they would have enough large charismatic animals to warrant another land.

Or just pandas on their own. I agree they will be a major draw. A bamboo forest at the foothills of Everest would make for an unbeatable exhibit.

The Duck

Giant Pandas are the single biggest draw for any stateside zoo. I don't think it's unreasonable to see a 500K-1 million guest attendance boost as a result of Pandas.

The main problem is that zoos can't buy pandas, you have to "Lease" them from the Chinese government. It's usually a 10 year contract for a pair @ $1,000,000 per year with the pandas (and off spring) returning to China after the contract is up. Of course, that's chump change for The Mouse but they would also have to build an indoor, air-conditioned exhibit since pandas can't take Central Florida heat.
If Disney could arrange such a deal, they could make a fortune off of T shirts and plush toys alone.

tissandtully

The main problem is that zoos can't buy pandas, you have to "Lease" them from the Chinese government. It's usually a 10 year contract for a pair @ $1,000,000 per year with the pandas (and off spring) returning to China after the contract is up. Of course, that's chump change for The Mouse but they would also have to build an indoor, air-conditioned exhibit since pandas can't take Central Florida heat.
If Disney could arrange such a deal, they could make a fortune off of T shirts and plush toys alone.

I think the best part about pandas is that you won't have to worry about them having sexytimes like the zebras.

ExtinctJenn

Rode today...if there was a laser at the first time portal at the beginning of the ride it is now off. The second time portal had the laser on, but there was little to no fog/mist so all you could really see was the emitter.
This makes me wonder if they are playing with something and using Dinosaur to test it... especially when combined with two earlier comments that a) this isn't even the same effect that once existed and was eventually turned off and b) someone thinks it wasn't even actual lasers but rather a light projection. Disney has been doing a lot with projection and projection mapping technologies lately so it's entirely possible they are trying to develop a new effect and this is a nice, really dark ride to use to get a real life look at how it works. Not saying that's it... I'm probably completely wrong... but seems odd for it to "come back" but in a completely different way and then be off as soon as it started y'know?

ChevisMickey

We rode on Wednesday last week and the lasers at the end, and the fog effect in full effect. Nothing at the beginning of the ride except ketchup, mustard, and mayo pipes.:p

Bocabear

I think that is delusional... Animal Kingdom is a hybrid Zoo/Amusement Park... I don't think any one animal addition would boost their attendance like an actual attraction would. You can see pandas at many zoos all over the country...for a lot less money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom