"Larger Sized Guest" Worry -Help..

Ernierich

I didn't have a problem fitting on anything at Disney when I was at my largest (that was 70lbs ago). Unfortunately, because I managed to fit on everything there I thought It'd be the same over at Universal and didn't bother with any of the testers seat...what a mistake! I didn't fit in a normal seat for The Hulk and so had to be moved to the seat for the 'larger framed' person. This involved moving people around and a great deal of embarrassment caused by one of the CMs shouting to a colleague,' We have one for the special seat'. If I could have run for an exit at that point I really would have done. I felt so ashamed I couldn't wait to get off. That day remains firmly embedded in my memory...

There is a nice ending to the story though, because that one ride was enough to push me into the right direction and was the begging of my five stone weight loss.

DisneyWall-E

I am a fat guy... correction, I am a vary large fat guy. I am 6'3" and 310 lbs. I fit on every ride at WDW. Last month my family(DW, DD4, and DS2) and I went to Islands of Adventure after years of thinking about it and I didn't fit on the Hulk or Harry Potter Forbidden Journey. After that I didn't really want to try any of the other coaster type rides.

DisneyWall-E

Congratulations on your weight loss! I too had gastric bypass surgery 11 years ago! I went from 350 to 198 lbs!
Then.... I got pregnant w/ twins!:D It was such a blessing!:D The boys will be 9 on July 27th, and I had gained 88 lbs to have them safely ( no bed rest nor complications! 2 healthy baby boys both 7 lbs each!).:D C- section of course.
Anyway... I never lost the weight, so I am stuck @ 288 lbs.:( I'm working on it though.
I will be able to ride the rides again some day at Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Bush Gardens, and Hersheypark ( the most notorious for very small seats)! My boys are depending on that! For now, WDW is a happy place for me to enjoy rides w/ my family.:D
Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to share w/ a fellow "gastric bypass surgery weight loss success" person.
Lots of Disney Magic to you my Disney friend!:D

Off topic but... I will be 31 on July 27th.

luv

I am a fat guy... correction, I am a vary large fat guy. I am 6'3" and 310 lbs. I fit on every ride at WDW. Last month my family(DW, DD4, and DS2) and I went to Islands of Adventure after years of thinking about it and I didn't fit on the Hulk or Harry Potter Forbidden Journey. After that I didn't really want to try any of the other coaster type rides.
Good point!

A few of the rides at Uni require people to be somewhere near a normal weight. My sis is size 18-20 and fits on everything, but if she gets a little bigger, she might not! I think I read that HP has a height limit, too. I forget what it was, but remember thinking that some men would be kept off for height alone.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Disney also has a ride vehicle for each ride in a private place where you can see how comfortably you fit before you get in line. ask a CM when you approach the ride.
Sorry, but I'm fairly certain that's not accurate. Maybe with some attractions (as it should be), but Disney is sorely lacking on the "test vehicle" notion. Which is a shortcoming that should take no more than one month to remedy, but...

FettFan

I didn't have a problem fitting on anything at Disney when I was at my largest (that was 70lbs ago). Unfortunately, because I managed to fit on everything there I thought It'd be the same over at Universal and didn't bother with any of the testers seat...what a mistake! I didn't fit in a normal seat for The Hulk and so had to be moved to the seat for the 'larger framed' person. This involved moving people around and a great deal of embarrassment caused by one of the CMs shouting to a colleague,' We have one for the special seat'. If I could have run for an exit at that point I really would have done. I felt so ashamed I couldn't wait to get off. That day remains firmly embedded in my memory...

There is a nice ending to the story though, because that one ride was enough to push me into the right direction and was the begging of my five stone weight loss.

Boy those Universal employees are real [pot]holes.

luv

also try allears.et, they have an entiere section on larger folks at WDW (written by larger folks who've been there) including photos of each and every ride vehicle so you can anticipate if it will work. Disney also has a ride vehicle for each ride in a private place where you can see how comfortably you fit before you get in line. ask a CM when you approach the ride.
They must be in very private places! I have never seen those ride vehicles! See them at Uni and Sea World, but never saw a single one at WDW!

I'm assuming you know what you're talking about and didn't say that for no reason. Not being sarcastic! I just never knew about this. I guess it is true that we learn something new every day.

Where are these test vehicles, anyway?

docdebbi

They must be in very private places! I have never seen those ride vehicles! See them at Uni and Sea World, but never saw a single one at WDW!

I'm assuming you know what you're talking about and didn't say that for no reason. Not being sarcastic! I just never knew about this. I guess it is true that we learn something new every day.

Where are these test vehicles, anyway?

some you can see, most you need to ask a CM- they are indeed private- no one wants to be seen trying them out in public- especially if they don't fit! Disney is very discrete.

luv

some you can see, most you need to ask a CM- they are indeed private- no one wants to be seen trying them out in public- especially if they don't fit! Disney is very discrete.
I'm going to have to look a little harder now!!

Raven66

I am a fun sized lady with a bit of nougat around the middle:D I fit in everything. The only ride I have trouble getting out of is Space Mountain. Not because of my fluffiness but because I'm oldish. My husband always gets out first and helps me. I can't even get up off the floor at home. haha Don't be afraid to try all the rides. You will fit. I was fine in RnRC. I was a little nervous that my restraint didn't go down as far as my husband's but I guess that is the price I pay for being big chested too.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It seems like Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter are two of the most problematic. Are there test cars there?

Hot Lava

If you do commit to trying to lose weight, think about a diet and exercise log. I used the Calorie King in the past, but didn't want to pay for it again. I tried fitnesspal, but hated it. It was so NOT user friendly. I settled on mynetdiary. I have the free version on my computer and then I bought the "medium" app (4 or 5 bucks) for my phone. I love that on the phone I can just scan the barcode. MND is not perfect, but I find it to be pretty darn good.

These logs are good for tracking your food especially. And not just about losing weight! And not even just the amount you are consuming, but the break out of it. I found that i tend not to get enough protein. These logs let you see that you are balanced, or too skewed toward carbs or fat, or whatever. Also - whether you are getting enough fiber!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom