"Larger Sized Guest" Worry -Help..

Disney_Dad88

HA, Crazy! Your name John by any chance?

No its Blake. Another cool thing I'd like to mention, since your birthday is on the 4th of July, is that I have an uncle whose birthday is on the fourth of July as well. If that's not crazy enough, his little brother who is about 4 or 5 years younger than him was also born on the 4th lol.

righttrack

Don't worry. They will make everything easy for you. I'd say the biggest advice is on attractions with seatbelts to fully pull the belt out first, even before sitting down and have a companion sit on the side it buckles in case you can't find the other end.

You'll be fine!!!! Do not worry.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Disney is pretty friendly to the Pooh sizes! My husband is a big guy too and hasn't had any real problems getting in or out of any of the rides or having the seatbelts fit. I guess the biggest problem is RNRC but that is getting out and mostly because it is a little awkward to get out of.

stevehousse

Not trying to be rude here, but you would think that not being able to fit on a ride or fear of not being able to fit would be enough to motivate those that are heavy to lose some weight...o_O

righttrack

Not trying to be rude here, but you would think that not being able to fit on a ride or fear of not being able to fit would be enough to motivate those that are heavy to lose some weight...o_O

That's fair enough, and I'll answer that, as I am larger-sized. It's motivation and I think we all lose weight pre-Disney, but planning is not long enough. People who are heavy and want to lose weight need constant motivation, not the short-term motivation of an upcoming trip. Still there are many people who are happy at the size they are at. When they encounter struggles, like fitting into a small seat, their first reaction might be, not that the rider be smaller, but the seat and/or restraint should be larger. I do think Disney does an excellent job. So much better than anywhere else.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's fair enough, and I'll answer that, as I am larger-sized. It's motivation and I think we all lose weight pre-Disney, but planning is not long enough. People who are heavy and want to lose weight need constant motivation, not the short-term motivation of an upcoming trip. Still there are many people who are happy at the size they are at. When they encounter struggles, like fitting into a small seat, their first reaction might be, not that the rider be smaller, but the seat and/or restraint should be larger. I do think Disney does an excellent job. So much better than anywhere else.

I just say that things must have shrunk!

ddbowdoin

dude, no offense... you're not fitting a lot.

I'm 5'8, 240... built more like a football players, not a FUDA or anything... and even I'm a little tight on things.

cynic710

november 2011 i went with my best friend (male 6'5" 315) and we rode everything....funny enough, the only thing he didnt fit on in all of the big 6 parks (4 disney, 2 uni) was harry potter. im 5'7" and 235 pound, mostly in the gut, and i had to sort of "squeeze" into it. you would think the newest attraction around would accomodate, but no.

righttrack

november 2011 i went with my best friend (male 6'5" 315) and we rode everything....funny enough, the only thing he didnt fit on in all of the big 6 parks (4 disney, 2 uni) was harry potter. im 5'7" and 235 pound, mostly in the gut, and i had to sort of "squeeze" into it. you would think the newest attraction around would accomodate, but no.

Yes, it was a calculated risk what they did. Saw lots of people, self included turned away. I've never had such a problem at WDW. I ride absolutely everything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom