"Larger Sized Guest" Worry -Help..

bethymouse

Ive tried diets before but what Ive found at is that its not the diet itself, but the drive and motivation. Disney World seems to be the only thing that keeps my head up and so far its been great. One good thing for me is that I get to work in the heat all day so I haven't really been exercising and the pounds have been melting off. Unfortunately I fractured my ankle at work last week and Im out of work for 6 weeks. Im trying just to maintain my weight right now because its hard to be able to jog and stuff with a busted ankle. Should be back going at the end of August which still gives me about 5 months to shave off about 20lbs. Shouldn't be a problem as long as I have you guys on here to talk about Disney World with me and keep me motivated.
You go my Disney friend! I'm right there with you!
I hope you heal swiftly!:)

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Your BFF must go! It's such a wonderful place to feel "good".;)
Happy Birthday to you!:D
EE was great! So much fun! Just a lap bar like BTMRR.:D Oh- Kali River Rapids can sometimes be tight too. It has "smallish" seats like Soarin.:eek: I panic sometimes on Test Track trying to get the seat belt buckled, but it's no problem really! It's my favorite!:D Tower of Terror also has a seatbelt, but there is plenty of room.;)
I remember asking a very nice CM if I'd fit into the RNRC seats. He was so kind and said, "Beautiful young lady you'll have no problem.":D Mission Space no problem either, but beware if you're at all claustrophobic!:eek: Barnstormer, the "kiddie coaster" is also tight, but still doable.;) ENJOY!:D

All of you have given me extra motivation and I am having my BFF read all of this tonight. I am banking on her agreeing for a January 2014 trip.

I can tell you from experience that all of the rides at Disney are large person friendly. I am a 5' 7" woman that used to weigh 325 lbs before gastric bypass surgery. I have since lost 155 lbs and it is no longer a concern, but in the past I was always worried about being humiliated by not being able to fit in the seats. (This happened to me at Six Flags and it was horrible!) Disney took the needs of everyone into consideration when they designed their ride seats which is one of the many reasons why I love them so much. So there is no need to worry you should be just fine. Go and enjoy all that Disney has to offer!! Good Luck and happy riding!!

bethymouse

I can tell you from experience that all of the rides at Disney are large person friendly. I am a 5' 7" woman that used to weigh 325 lbs before gastric bypass surgery. I have since lost 155 lbs and it is no longer a concern, but in the past I was always worried about being humiliated by not being able to fit in the seats. (This happened to me at Six Flags and it was horrible!) Disney took the needs of everyone into consideration when they designed their ride seats which is one of the many reasons why I love them so much. So there is no need to worry you should be just fine. Go and enjoy all that Disney has to offer!! Good Luck and happy riding!!
Congratulations on your weight loss! I too had gastric bypass surgery 11 years ago! I went from 350 to 198 lbs!
Then.... I got pregnant w/ twins!:D It was such a blessing!:D The boys will be 9 on July 27th, and I had gained 88 lbs to have them safely ( no bed rest nor complications! 2 healthy baby boys both 7 lbs each!).:D C- section of course.
Anyway... I never lost the weight, so I am stuck @ 288 lbs.:( I'm working on it though.
I will be able to ride the rides again some day at Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Bush Gardens, and Hersheypark ( the most notorious for very small seats)! My boys are depending on that! For now, WDW is a happy place for me to enjoy rides w/ my family.:D
Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to share w/ a fellow "gastric bypass surgery weight loss success" person.
Lots of Disney Magic to you my Disney friend!:D

FettFan

Six flags is notorious for small seats. I visited ours last month and many rides were tight even for me @6"2 and 165lb.

Not only small...but certain rides are also very male-unfriendly.
Case in point: The Dungeon Drop from Six Flags Astroworld, now known as Superman's Tower of Power at Six Flags St. Louis.
Dungeon_Drop_2.jpg

Look closely at those seats. See that hump between the legs?

IT IS NOT PADDED.

Little known fact about the male reproductive system....it's connected to your adrenal glands. If a guy gets slammed hard enough in the crotch, the nerves signal to the adrenal glands and cause massive pain in the kidneys.

So massive that after the ride I could barely walk for about fifteen minutes and was doubled over on a bench begging for ice on my back.

KatMaria

Just ask the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster cast member to try out the seats, they will send you through the shop and down a hallway that is quiet so you don't have to do it in front of everyone. At Everest they have it off to the side, where single riders line is, kind of hidden but you can test the vehicle there.

hokie075

I am 6' 4" 330 and I rode everything except the tea cups this year. I just did not try that. But you should be fine. Disney is not like other parks. Like Dollywood has a 6' 3" 270 lbs limit on most of their rides. Last year when we went I was 390 and rode RRC, SM, and TOT.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Congratulations on your weight loss! I too had gastric bypass surgery 11 years ago! I went from 350 to 198 lbs!
Then.... I got pregnant w/ twins!:D It was such a blessing!:D The boys will be 9 on July 27th, and I had gained 88 lbs to have them safely ( no bed rest nor complications! 2 healthy baby boys both 7 lbs each!).:D C- section of course.
Anyway... I never lost the weight, so I am stuck @ 288 lbs.:( I'm working on it though.
I will be able to ride the rides again some day at Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Bush Gardens, and Hersheypark ( the most notorious for very small seats)! My boys are depending on that! For now, WDW is a happy place for me to enjoy rides w/ my family.:D
Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to share w/ a fellow "gastric bypass surgery weight loss success" person.
Lots of Disney Magic to you my Disney friend!:D

Congratulations - you earned body weight for 2 healthy babies. A true motivational story.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Case in point: The Dungeon Drop from Six Flags Astroworld, now known as Superman's Tower of Power at Six Flags St. Louis.
Dungeon_Drop_2.jpg

IT IS NOT PADDED.

Little known fact about the male reproductive system....it's connected to your adrenal glands. If a guy gets slammed hard enough in the crotch, the nerves signal to the adrenal glands and cause massive pain in the kidneys.

So massive that after the ride I could barely walk for about fifteen minutes and was doubled over on a bench begging for ice on my back.

LOL oh so true

Lots of Disney Magic to you my Disney friend!:D[/qu

It was worth gaining weight to have healthy babies! Happy early birthday to your boys. Just keep up the good work and let your boys be your motivation and I'm sure that you will reach your goals in no time!! Good Luck to you and I wish lots of Disney Magic to you as well!!

PUSH

Dungeon_Drop_2.jpg

IT IS NOT PADDED.

Superman at Six Flags Great America in Illinois is awful for people of the male gender. As soon as they turn you so you're on your stomach, it's bad news.

Sparkle81

Congrats! I am trying to do the same thing for a DL trip ( hopefully) in 2014.:) It's not easy, but so far so good. Don't give up the faith and hope ( I know I always seem to).;)
I've used our upcoming trip as a motivation too! It's taken me just over a year, but I've dropped 86lb and I'm 143lb now. I didn't want to look back on photos of my DS's first trip to WDW, and regret how I looked, or be hiding from the camera. Disney trips are an amazing motivational tool!!

Black Pearl

Was a fat kid that lost it and shaved it to muscle later in life, so I know the drill. Enjoy the parks safely and do what makes you feel comfortable!

Cheers to all here discussing losing the weight... You can do it if you want to and take the steps. May take time and may seem uphill, but it is doable. Don't view it as a win or lose battle... View it as a journey towards the next phase of you :) Heck, form a thread on here to be the "Disney Downers" (as in weight downing) or whatever to keep each other motivated!

P.S. all purely ideas that obviously can be taken or left :)

DaddyDisneyMan

Its kind of late now but some motivation for me to lose weight was planning our Disney Trip. Next time you go, set a goal and try to lose some weight. Please don't take that in a mean way either, but Disney is the motivation I have used to lose weight myself. Our trip is in January2014, and I started a simple diet of exercising and eating better, but the main thing I did was cut out my sugar including soft drinks. You will be surprised how much weight you can lose just doing that. You don't need any fancy diets and stuff. Im 5,11" and was 265 lbs when I started on May 1. Now I'm 228 after two months of dieting. My goal is to be down to 215 before Disney, and at 215 its a good weight for me because I'm stocky and I look sick if I go below 200. It gives you some good self confidence and you feel so much better and you will be able to have a better experience at Disney. I know that's not a good answer since you are leaving soon but use it for motivation for the next time. Trust me it works and you will feel a lot better.

I couldn't agree with you more. Before our last trip in April '13 I lost 30 pounds in 4 months. It was the best motivator ever. I ate right and exercised. Now my goals are to be leaner and mean than I was when I was in WDW. We are probably going to WDW this upcoming X-mas or April '14 and I am ready to hit the exercise machine even harder; looking to lose another 25 pounds before out next trip.

Side note. I was freaked out when I read your post...#1 our names are similar, ok no biggy right? then I noticed what your starting weight was, 265, same as I was. I am now looking at your current weight at height, 228 & 5'11", same as me. I have also said that I do not want to go below 200, cuz then I will look too skinny as well.

Disney_Dad88

I couldn't agree with you more. Before our last trip in April '13 I lost 30 pounds in 4 months. It was the best motivator ever. I ate right and exercised. Now my goals are to be leaner and mean than I was when I was in WDW. We are probably going to WDW this upcoming X-mas or April '14 and I am ready to hit the exercise machine even harder; looking to lose another 25 pounds before out next trip.

Side note. I was freaked out when I read your post...#1 our names are similar, ok no biggy right? then I noticed what your starting weight was, 265, same as I was. I am now looking at your current weight at height, 228 & 5'11", same as me. I have also said that I do not want to go below 200, cuz then I will look too skinny as well.

Yeh that's pretty weird. Maybe we have an age difference because I'm only 25. The rest of that is weird though lol. Maybe you're my long lost twin brother lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom