Lance Armstrong At The End Of American Adventure

PUSH

Because nothing says "America" like an old traitor that doesn't know when to quit. ;)

He's not a traitor, IMO. He's a legend and the Packers wouldn't be what they are today without him. GM Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy were both pressuring him to leave. You could tell in his Packers retirement speech that he didn't want to leave and wasn't ready to leave. As for the not knowing when to quit thing, he listened to his heart after the Packers retirement. He got the Jets organization into the playoff talk. And they were one game from the playoffs, so he uplifted the Jets a better coach and they would've probably been in the playoffs that year. Then he retired because of his arm injury. When he got better and started to throw the ball around again, he got the urge (and who wouldn't). Anyone who said that he was too old to play after that was crazy. His first year with the Vikings was remarkable. Maybe the best of his career. After that he was all set to be retired. Then Brad Childress sent down his best friends from the team to pressure him into coming back since they didn't have another QB at the time. Favre still said no, and then after some more pressuring he finally gave in. Favre has overcome so much in both his football life and personal life and he is my personal hero.

captainkidd

For the record, Brady didn't cheat on anyone. He did get his TV Star girlfriend pregnant and they broke up. Some say they broke up before either of them even knew she was pregnant. Either way, he didn't start seeing Giselle until after his relationship with Bridget was over. She's never held any ill will towards him and says he's a great father. Just because he's married to a supermodel doesn't make him a bad guy.

bsiev1977

Because nothing says "America" like an old traitor that doesn't know when to quit. ;)
Sorry if this is going off the topic. But, I don't understand this notion that some people have about pro athletes being "traitors" if they leave for another team. I will admit to being a bit irritated with his yearly "retirements", but I've no problem with him or any pro athlete going where they feel is best. Brett Favre wasn't enslaved to Green Bay, it was up to him and him alone to decide where the best fit for him was. To me, it's indicative of how fans become way too invested in the success or failure or a particular sports team.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Sorry if this is going off the topic. But, I don't understand this notion that some people have about pro athletes being "traitors" if they leave for another team. I will admit to being a bit irritated with his yearly "retirements", but I've no problem with him or any pro athlete going where they feel is best. Brett Favre wasn't enslaved to Green Bay, it was up to him and him alone to decide where the best fit for him was. To me, it's indicative of how fans become way too invested in the success or failure or a particular sports team.
He's not a traitor, IMO...
I feel kinda' bad you wrote so much in his defense. My ";)" clearly wasn't enough to show my sarcasm. Just showing that I know I'm trolling and should NOT be taken seriously.

JIMINYCR

Can't think of anyone worthy, if we are looking for someone spotless. It's unfortunate, but theres very few athletes, stars, public figures etc. who go through their careers without some kind of blemish. After all, they are just as human with human frailties like all the rest of us. But we set them up in our minds to be god-like. So it's hard when they take a fall. Armstrongs fall comes harder in my mind though because of all the years of denial followed up now with admission. Just goes to show it's better to admit ones wrongs and eal with them head on than to try to cover up and have to play catch up later on.

PUSH

I feel kinda' bad you wrote so much in his defense. My ";)" clearly wasn't enough to show my sarcasm. Just showing that I know I'm trolling and should NOT be taken seriously.

I thought so, but I also kind of wanted to post that out there for others. I'm a huge Favre fan, if you can't tell. It just upsets me when people say he's a terrible person. So I just used your comment to get my thoughts out there. :p

FettFan

Aaron Rodgers. Or Brett Favre.

*prepares for the attacks from people against Favre*

Hey it's not OUR fault he decided to send pictures of "L'il Brett" to a woman who was not his wife, and then was practically forced into retirement once again due to the scandal.

CP_alum08

WOW! The guy has personally raised more money for cancer research than all of you bickering combined will ever contribute, does that mean nothing? Clinton is still in the video...so what he did was ok?

FettFan

WOW! The guy has personally raised more money for cancer research than all of you bickering combined will ever contribute, does that mean nothing? Clinton is still in the video...so what he did was ok?

No, what he did was NOT okay, and I'm pretty sure he would have been axed from the film if not for the fact that he was once the President of the United States.

Every POTUS is going to get featured in a Disney attraction of some sort, unless they go completely off the rails and turn into Neo-Hitler. (which has not happened, and probably won't happen, no matter how you feel about current or past administrations)

PUSH

Hey it's not OUR fault he decided to send pictures of "L'il Brett" to a woman who was not his wife, and then was practically forced into retirement once again due to the scandal.

Actually that was never proven, and she never had consistent stories.

FettFan

Actually that was never proven, and she never had consistent stories.

But he DID obstruct the NFL's investigation into the matter, which led them to slapping him with a $50k fine. Not exactly the work of someone who is not guilty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom