Lance Armstrong At The End Of American Adventure

Bob Saget

Original Poster
So...considering recent developments surrounding cycler Lance Armstrong, I wonder how much longer he will remain in the emotional finale video of Epcot's American Adventure. Better yet, who should replace him in that shot if/when he is removed? Since Lance is now a severely tainted athlete, I say we substitute him with a legit famous American sports figure who has NOT been surrounded by negative publicity. Someone such as:
Kobe Bryant
Mark McGwire
Jerry Sandusky
OJ Simpson
Pete Rose
Bill Belichick
Ray Lewis
Sean Payton
Sammy Sosa
Roger Clemens
Michael Vick
Tonya Harding
Ben Roethlisberger
Barry Bonds
Peyton Manning

That's it...Peyton Manning should replace Lance in that spot of the film!
Your thoughts?

FettFan

So...considering recent developments surrounding cycler Lance Armstrong, I wonder how much longer he will remain in the emotional finale video of Epcot's American Adventure. Better yet, who should replace him in that shot if/when he is removed? Since Lance is now a severely tainted athlete, I say we substitute him with a legit famous American sports figure who has NOT been surrounded by negative publicity. Someone such as:
Kobe Bryant
Mark McGwire
Jerry Sandusky
OJ Simpson
Pete Rose
Bill Belichick
Ray Lewis
Sean Payton
Sammy Sosa
Roger Clemens
Michael Vick
Tonya Harding
Ben Roethlisberger
Barry Bonds
Peyton Manning

Your thoughts?

I'd prefer Drew Brees myself, but I wouldn't mind Manning at all.

Just as long as it's not Tom Brady. Ugh. I hate that guy.

EDIT -- Or Tim Tebow. Sure he's a nice guy, but the fact is his QB skills are subpar and he seems to be more famous just for being quirky.

EDIT 2 -- But I wold still prefer to have Tebow over that lowlife Tom Brady.

BigRedDad

There are some far more upstanding people. As others have stated, Manning is one of the greatest role models. As well as Drew Brees, Tim Tebow (as a person not a QB). Tiger Woods is no role model. If a role model is a lying, cheating, backstabbing individual, then its ok he is there. I do not prefer him as a role model for my daughter. I will take anyone of the Princesses, Princess Kate, Dawn Loggins (local homeless girl to Harvard), Samantha Garvey (homeless Nat'l Science Fair Winner), Missy Franklin.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
c16525f609dfc2586e3db03ce45eebe0.jpg

Slo-mo of her making this face of course...

montyz81

Kobe Bryant
Mark McGwire
Jerry Sandusky
OJ Simpson
Pete Rose
Bill Belichick
Ray Lewis
Sean Payton
Sammy Sosa
Roger Clemens
Michael Vick
Tonya Harding
Ben Roethlisberger
Barry Bonds
Peyton Manning

Your thoughts?
Peyton Manning... really? Why not Tom Brady? Hell his brother even has more rings then him. I suspect when you compare records that have been broken by both Peyton and Tom, they will show up pretty even. No, not Peyton. Why not Michael Phelps?

montyz81

I'd prefer Drew Brees myself, but I wouldn't mind Manning at all.

Just as long as it's not Tom Brady. Ugh. I hate that guy.

EDIT -- Or Tim Tebow. Sure he's a nice guy, but the fact is his QB skills are subpar and he seems to be more famous just for being quirky.

EDIT 2 -- But I wold still prefer to have Tebow over that lowlife Tom Brady.
Why, Cause he is so good. Manning blamed his team when he lost in the post season (2003 i think) to the Patriots. You have never seen Tom Brady do that. Yes Brady is more of a stand up guy!

Florida_is_hot

I hardly call it emotional, and really not care who is in that sequence.
The only thing that the "Lance Armstrong" story tells me if you play sports you are not a hero.

Nobody that plays any sport should be worshiped, but I am one of the few that knows this.
Most people think if a team wins something that is more important than say people that actually work.

You know providing things people need to live, services that educate, protect us. This to me are the only heroes.
One firefighter that saves one home or even one cat ..... is more important to me than anybody that plays a sport.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Side note - If you follow the incredibly important history of televised rasslin' here in the U.S., you could argue that WDW is WWF/E and Uni is WCW. Now, after dominating televised wrestling for decades, WWF found itself playing second fiddle for several years to WCW before making a triumphant comeback and eventually crushing the life out of its competition and then absorbing it....Will the theme park wars play out like that? Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom