Lance Armstrong At The End Of American Adventure

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Side Note 2 - Do you think Jack Nicklaus controlled a complicated array of skanky Denny's waitresses in cities that hosted PGA tour events with the sole goal being to torpedo Tiger's chances of breaking his majors record? I do. :lookaroun

FettFan

Why, Cause he is so good. Manning blamed his team when he lost in the post season (2003 i think) to the Patriots. You have never seen Tom Brady do that. Yes Brady is more of a stand up guy!

No, Tom Brady just sits on the field and cries before running into the arms of his supermodel wife/girlfriend/mistress.
tombrady_4thquarter_react_ap_380px_020512%5D.jpg

Pictured: Tom Brady Anti-Tebowing. AKA "Rich White People Problems"

EDIT -- And for all the pro wrestling....how about John Cena?

Have the final rendition of "Golden Dreams" fade into this.

Guaranteed to wake everyone up fast. :p

thomas998

Why, Cause he is so good. Manning blamed his team when he lost in the post season (2003 i think) to the Patriots. You have never seen Tom Brady do that. Yes Brady is more of a stand up guy!
You left out the short fall of Tom Brady knocked up his girl friend then dumped her... not very wholesome. Sad fact is every athlete you can come up with will most likely fall short or very likely to fall short in the future. I would think you would be better off with an unknown person than any famous person. I have yet to hear of any famous person that didn't have some major failing.

scpergj

As a good Gator, I cannot ever support Peyton Manning anywhere. Look at his history of choking in big games...

Michael Phelps? What picture would you show...the one where he's taking hits off a bong?

As someone else said - athletes should EVER be considered role models. If you really want tear jerking heroes, fade to pictures of real American heroes returning from Iraq or Afghanistan. THOSE are the real heroes.

Jimmy Thick

I would personally say no to any professional wrestler. Behind the scenes, most of those guys are human garbage. Stone Cold and Hulk Hogan are perfect examples.

I have no issues with Tiger Woods. He cheated on his wife, got caught and fessed up. He lost half his empire, if anyone deserves a second chance, and we Americans are all about second chances, its him. As far as I know, he's had no perfomance enhancing drug issues, he won his championships by hard wok, thats the American way.

Tom Brady has the cheater stigma attached to him, so I would say never.
Peyton Manning seems like a nice guy and a championship calibur quarterback, so I would have no issue.
Lance Armstrong needs to go, the guy is scum.
Michael Phelps is a no. Drug users should always be on the outside looking in.
Tim Tebow would be a wonderful selection.
I would also veto any baseball player from 1990 to 2009 based on all steroid allegations.

Jimmy Thick- Plenty of options.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
Nobody that plays any sport should be worshiped, but I am one of the few that knows this.
Most people think if a team wins something that is more important than say people that actually work.

You know providing things people need to live, services that educate, protect us. This to me are the only heroes.
One firefighter that saves one home or even one cat ..... is more important to me than anybody that plays a sport.
Vey true!
I was just suggesting that if the video were to be edited to remove Lance's brief image alone, while keeping the rest of the montage as it is, they would most likely swap out a sports figure with another sports figure. But I agree 100% that sports, TV, & film celebrities pale in comparison to the military & service men/women seen in that finale.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The whole Bill Belichick filming scandal/controversy from a few years back, the girlfriend issue...just too much baggage for Tom.

No harm done. Now I have clean breath for a month! :D

Manning's sexual harassment debacle from TN with the trainer from his younger years eliminates him. NEXT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom