Lame excuse for nightlife?

asianway

I was reading the Top 7 things...retirement thread and found the link to the old Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip of the day resort loop, and of a 24 minute video, less than 30 seconds was devoted to PI, and thats going back over 5 years.

CaptainMichael

I was reading the Top 7 things...retirement thread and found the link to the old Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, tip of the day resort loop, and of a 24 minute video, less than 30 seconds was devoted to PI, and thats going back over 5 years.

I don't understand the lack of coverage it got. Even on the convention channel, they only showed a small blurb about it (with misleading footage.)

Lee

Adventurer
Thanks.:wave:
I know.:(

But we have the indoor temple!:D

Yeah...but they got piranhas and gorillas that shoot stuff.
And they used to have that cool tie-in with Indy next door.

Plus...I think these two guys work there...
bbjungle.jpg

71jason

I think people aren't giving this a chance. I think most of you havn't been there to see the crowd interactions and are judging this event on one or two you tube videos.

I also think that if John Lennon and George Harrison came back from their graves and joined the remaining Beatles for an accoustic jam session at PI some of you would STILL not be happy.

For the record, I've seen it 3 or 4 times in person. It doesn't improve live. If anything, the videos do it a favor as (i) you miss the considerable downtime of the "party activators" (no, really) trying to cajole people into stopping and lining up, and (ii) the sight lines aren't that great unless you're in the innermost circle. At least the magic shows on the AdvClub steps had a defacto "stage." Here it's almost impossible to see the celebrating guests from the sidelines.

You're right, tho, I'd take a re-opened AdvClub, or even Hip Kitty at the Beach Club, over the Zombie Beatles. But I'm a Stones guy.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm guessing they were from a while ago. The trashcans on the dock are the bamboo style, and I don't think they've had them there for a while.

I really thought the water was a little deeper than that!

Sorry for the thread drift! :wave:

CaptainMichael

For the record, I've seen it 3 or 4 times in person. It doesn't improve live. If anything, the videos do it a favor as (i) you miss the considerable downtime of the "party activators" (no, really) trying to cajole people into stopping and lining up, and (ii) the sight lines aren't that great unless you're in the innermost circle. At least the magic shows on the AdvClub steps had a defacto "stage." Here it's almost impossible to see the celebrating guests from the sidelines.

You're right, tho, I'd take a re-opened AdvClub, or even Hip Kitty at the Beach Club, over the Zombie Beatles. But I'm a Stones guy.

Thanks for the report Jason. I hope to hang out with you again sometime when I'm down there again....hopefully in the AdvClub:wave:

jakeman

wow! My buddy Jake with a post full of ... full of ... ah ... uhm ... oh ... ah ... common sense.

Read the thread with interest ... OK, semi-interest (kinda like back in high school with Stacy but ... ) and most of it is yet more rehash of another 654 threads here.

But the above does sum things up well. I am not optimistic about the future of TSFKaPI, but maybe they'll pleasantly surprise me.

~Virgin: Going Out of Business Sale Now On~
I always post with common sense. Common sense does not equal overt negativity all the time.

I don't pretend everything is fine at WDW. I just don't think they are as bad as you and your troop propagates.

SoccerMickey

:lol:

But I'm a JC skipper, that's gotta count for something.

HEY!! Don't forget! I am too!

As for the Jungle Costumes gotta love WDW and they're money saving tactics by giving us the same costumes as Kilimanjaro Safaris sans the patch on the sleeve that the DAK CM's get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom