Lagoon Replacement!!!

disnyfan89

I don't think that this will happen! I was told the lagoon will be replaced with three attractions! two kid fantasy like attractions and one D/E attraction.

dont meen to sound meen but this wont happed. why would they put another snow white attraction when theres one with 2 minutes walk away from there. What stupid idot would do that. I dont see it happening and if it does i would boycott it. I dont know what exactley will be going there but im sure it wont be this. personnall i think they would bring back 20,000 leagues back b4 they put this attraction in

TinkerBell9988

Phew.... no Harry Potter :D

A stage show sounds great, I just hope what they fill there is as good as what they took away in the first place....

speck76

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
What stupid idot would do that. I dont see it happening and if it does i would boycott it.

You would boycott it, but 14,000,000 other guests would watch it, and in the end, the acts of the few and far between really don't amount to much.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Re: Re: Lagoon Replacement!!!

Originally posted by StevenT
1. That makes NO SENSE AT ALL. IF they were to build a Harry Potter ride it should go in MGM! Ride about a movie should logically go in the MOVIE theme park!

2. Whatever they do with 20k leagues it has to be of the same high quality. I vote for a large budget e-ticket attraction that is far superiour to 20k leagues. I want something that doesn't make me wish 20k leagues was still there. A stage show would be a complete waste of that space.
It won't be in MGM because they are getting the Motor stunt showand that will their thing so they won't get anything new for a couple of years.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
dont meen to sound meen but this wont happed. why would they put another snow white attraction when theres one with 2 minutes walk away from there. What stupid idot would do that. I dont see it happening and if it does i would boycott it. I dont know what exactley will be going there but im sure it wont be this. personnall i think they would bring back 20,000 leagues back b4 they put this attraction in

Well, Disneyland is the same way - they also have a Snow White attraction already in Fantasyland.

-Kirsten

speck76

Re: Re: Re: Lagoon Replacement!!!

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
It won't be in MGM because they are getting the Motor stunt showand that will their thing so they won't get anything new for a couple of years.

Oh, just like Epcot got MS last year so they wont get anything new for a while....oh, wait, what is that thing they are building behind Canada.:rolleyes:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well, I can understand why a lot of you out there would like a dark ride, as that seems to be the most popular choice for any attraction these days, but let's look at this another way.

If an e ticket dark ride were built, you could count on ticket/resort prices going up, as they do each year anyway. With all the improvements, new attractions, refurbs, etc going on, this would just add to costs. I'm all for exciting rides, but let's not discount the value of a good stage show in this area. I for one, didn't think that I would at all enjoy The Lion King stage show at MGM, but I really did. Now, having said that, I'm a little older these days, so I think I tend to appreciate the quality of work that goes into producing one of these productions, more than I would as a teenager. And let's be honest out there, I would think that most of you out there are probably in that 18-24 age group, that aren't that crazy about this idea, should it take place.

And I think it would be great for the kids to be able to relate the ride to a good stage show, with all the characters.

Just my 2 cents.

speck76

Originally posted by HennieBogan1966
I for one, didn't think that I would at all enjoy The Lion King stage show at MGM, but I really did.

Do you mean the show at DAK??

Anyway, the important thing is that the lagoon has sat unused for the last 10 years. Now, at least SOMETHING will use that space. Also, unless the theater is bigger than that used for B&tB, there will still be room for future expansion.

DarkMeasures

Well, I can understand why a lot of you out there would like a dark ride, as that seems to be the most popular choice for any attraction these days, but let's look at this another way.

If an e ticket dark ride were built, you could count on ticket/resort prices going up, as they do each year anyway. With all the improvements, new attractions, refurbs, etc going on, this would just add to costs. I'm all for exciting rides, but let's not discount the value of a good stage show in this area. I for one, didn't think that I would at all enjoy The Lion King stage show at MGM, but I really did. Now, having said that, I'm a little older these days, so I think I tend to appreciate the quality of work that goes into producing one of these productions, more than I would as a teenager. And let's be honest out there, I would think that most of you out there are probably in that 18-24 age group, that aren't that crazy about this idea, should it take place.

And I think it would be great for the kids to be able to relate the ride to a good stage show, with all the characters.

Just my 2 cents.

You have to remember even with the budget costs many rides get and such, Disney is still Super Rich. And I mean Rich to the Rich power and such. What I am saying is that Disney can afford new E-rides without needing to sacrfice anything, or raise ticket prices. (and who cares, whenever I go I get the annual pass which is really expensive anyways)

The reason for the lack of management for a lot of WDW today is because of the park's management. Whoever is managing Disneyland right now needs to help out on WDW.

If an e ticket dark ride were built, you could count on ticket/resort prices going up, as they do each year anyway. With all the improvements, new attractions, refurbs, etc going on, this would just add to costs.

If they're just gonna raise admission anyways, why not get our money's worth with a good, origianl attarction. Fine, snow white it is, but add something worth while in addition. And just because one out of a half a dozen stage shows at WDW is any good, doesn't mean this'll be.

aimster

Originally posted by BrerPete
How about "The Nemo Follies?" It could include Captain Nemo from 2KLUTS and Nemo from finding Nemo. Singing and dancing Nemos. C'mon, you know you want to see it.

Would it be wrong if I said I'd be willing to see that? :lol:

BRING ON THE NEMOS!!!

StevenT

Instead of two nemos, how about one nemo... it can be a ride in the Nautalis with Captain Nemo, and you can cruse around underwater exploring the undersea world. It would be really great, and instant classic. Oh wait... they did that, and decided to remove it. :mad: :lol: :mad:

I vote for fill the lagoon back up and put 20k leagues back! :D I can only wish.

theimage44

The snow white rumor is so stupid. I mean why would they put snow white in there? There is already a snow white attraction and another show is a dumb idea. There are too many shows already at WDW. They need some new E-tickets and ESPECIALLY some new mini rides such as dark rides.

TownSquareSteve

Alright after hearing alot of ideas, I think it is finally time you all heard mine. If there is going to be a SW stage show where 20k leagues was you could all see this as good news perhaps. The stage show will be in fantasyland which then gives them the chance to get rip of the tomorrowland stages + the old skyway station + if previous threads were true about the relocation of CoP + the old threads about the removal of Indy Speedway, that gives you an absolute ton of room for many new attractions possibly even a new land. Like a previos post, I'm at least happy they are finally doing something with the lagoon, it has sat vacant for far too long!!! One thing I don't expect though is to hear anything about a new ride until at least after stitch opens, possibly even after the the DL 50th celebration is over. I also agree with those of you who don't want MK to become DL East. Martinthesparta qouted:
Timekeeper, COP, TTA, Stitch, hall of presidents, mickey's philharmagic...
Alot of these attractions were at DL before they either came to MK or were copied (i.e. CoP was originally at DL, TTA was at DL before it became Rocket Rods, and HoP is a bigger version of Great moments w/Mr. Lincoln). Yes, Stich is new and so is Mickey's philharmagic, but overall the two parks seem to be way too similar!!! Mk does need a face lift and an identity change, we can start having a huge over-haul on Tomorrowland, Fantasyland and Mickey's Toon Fair. Alright that's my idea for what should happen, but knowing Eisner, we'll get a huge gift shop and another meet and greet area:hammer: :hurl: !!! Thanks all for listening!!!

~ Steve ~

P.S. I'm really up for being CEO if anyone knows anybody high up:king:

Originally posted by TownSquareSteve
Alright after hearing alot of ideas, I think it is finally time you all heard mine. If there is going to be a SW stage show where 20k leagues was you could all see this as good news perhaps. The stage show will be in fantasyland which then gives them the chance to get rip of the tomorrowland stages + the old skyway station + if previous threads were true about the relocation of CoP + the old threads about the removal of Indy Speedway, that gives you an absolute ton of room for many new attractions possibly even a new land. Like a previos post, I'm at least happy they are finally doing something with the lagoon, it has sat vacant for far too long!!! One thing I don't expect though is to hear anything about a new ride until at least after stitch opens, possibly even after the the DL 50th celebration is over. I also agree with those of you who don't want MK to become DL East. Martinthesparta qouted:

Alot of these attractions were at DL before they either came to MK or were copied (i.e. CoP was originally at DL, TTA was at DL before it became Rocket Rods, and HoP is a bigger version of Great moments w/Mr. Lincoln). Yes, Stich is new and so is Mickey's philharmagic, but overall the two parks seem to be way too similar!!! Mk does need a face lift and an identity change, we can start having a huge over-haul on Tomorrowland, Fantasyland and Mickey's Toon Fair. Alright that's my idea for what should happen, but knowing Eisner, we'll get a huge gift shop and another meet and greet area:hammer: :hurl: !!! Thanks all for listening!!!

~ Steve ~

P.S. I'm really up for being CEO if anyone knows anybody high up:king:

Not to be an ahole, but I really don't think any of your ideas are very good. I do agree that there need to be more attractions unique to all the parks.

Sure, add some more stuff to tommorrowland in the near future, but not a complete over haul. Tommorrowland has had a complete overhaul for like the last 15 years. Spread the love around a little. Besides, any new popular attraction in tommorrowland is just gonna end up in Cali anyway because they really need some help.

Of course for now you take care of the 20k site but focus more on the other parks which need some help. I do agree that fantasyland needs an overhaul, which it is in the process of. IASW, philharmagic, and now the 20k site.

And no new land. Things will be spread to thin and it will probally be half a land anyway. Let them expand on what we got, and when we get a half of an attraction it'll be harder to notice.

And as far as all the potential extra space(speedway for starters), expand on toon town if they are serious about it even keeping it or give me may darn tron lightcycles ride. Keep COP where it is, and use the sky way building, but not for an attraction(don't know what). And I certainly believe the rumours of 1 e ticket and 2 smaller rides in the 20k area over this stage show garbage.

And for difference between us and california, we have four parks and they have one and a half, so I think we got the longer straw.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lagoon Replacement!!!

Originally posted by speck76
Oh, just like Epcot got MS last year so they wont get anything new for a while....oh, wait, what is that thing they are building behind Canada.:rolleyes:
Yes, but the Motor Stunt Show is GINOURMOUS.
Besides, this is what the CM said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom