Lagoon Replacement!!!

speck76

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lagoon Replacement!!!

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
Yes, but the Motor Stunt Show is GINOURMOUS.
Besides, this is what the CM said.

Oh, that is right, every CM is always up to date on what is is planned for future expansion....my bad:rolleyes:

The stunt show may be huge, but it is still JUST another stunt show. I also forgot that MS only cost $6.00 to build, and not one tenth of the original cost of the entire park.

DSpear456

The land is gonna be used for a major e-ticket attraction or so my good friend tells me. I dont think they would waste such a valuable piece of land on a theater.

awallaceunc

Originally posted by TimeTrip
When did someone say definitely not? I'm still secretly rooting for a HP attraction. Me and what .. one other person on these boards? ;)

I didn't said it "definitely won't," I said that it was definitely the best news... you mismatched my adjective and subject ;)

-Aaron

awallaceunc

Yes, Fantasyland attractions are based on movies (for the most part), but they are DISNEY movies. Harry Potter is not. Theming is the hallmark of WDW, people. Simply wanting a HP ride isn't worth breaking the theme. It would fit right at home in MGM, though, and even strengthen the theme. That's really the only place it makes sense.

A Road To Oz dark ride would be INCREDIBLE, and the movies pavillion sounds awesome too. Maybe they'll do away with the back lot tour (which I loved, but it's not what it was any longer) and some of the other more or less vacant areas of MGM and install it.

-Aaron

Originally posted by awallaceunc

A Road To Oz dark ride would be INCREDIBLE, and the movies pavillion sounds awesome too. Maybe they'll do away with the back lot tour (which I loved, but it's not what it was any longer) and some of the other more or less vacant areas of MGM and install it.

-Aaron

Road to Oz would be cool, but we got the oz scene in TGMR instead. Of course, and I don't remember exactly what rights or if they have um all, but disney has some kinda rights to the new american mcgee's Oz, so we could see an attraction that way.

And the movie pavillion was supposed to be in epcot, but we got MGM instead (I do believe TGMR was gonna be the ride there), so building it would be more than redundant.

ANd yup, backlot needs to go, waste of space. You could probally have a crap load of rides in that space. They need more family rides ie dark rides.

SpectroMan

Originally posted by theimage44
There are too many shows already at WDW. They need some new E-tickets and ESPECIALLY some new mini rides such as dark rides.

Shows? There are hardley any shows in the Magic Kingdom, especially in all of Disney World.

It seems that in Tokyo, ever land has a different show. And Paris is not far behind. Look at the Studios in Paris. There are 7 to 10 attractions at that park, and three of the major attractions are stage shows.

Oddly, yesterday, I was wondering why Disney World doesn't have as many shows. I would like to see more stage shows, but I would also like to see new E-rides and dark rides too.

Originally posted by SpectroMan
Shows? There are hardley any shows in the Magic Kingdom, especially in all of Disney World.

It seems that in Tokyo, ever land has a different show. And Paris is not far behind. Look at the Studios in Paris. There are 7 to 10 attractions at that park, and three of the major attractions are stage shows.

Oddly, yesterday, I was wondering why Disney World doesn't have as many shows. I would like to see more stage shows, but I would also like to see new E-rides and dark rides too.

When you say show I don't know if you mean just stage shows or show in general because WDW have plenty of shows in general.

There are atleast 6 at MK

atleast 8 at epcot

atleast 5 at mgm

and atleast 3 at AK

But I guess that depends on what you call a show. They're are atleast four stage shows at WDW already, and that's enough.

speck76

Not every new attraction built is going to be an e-ticket. At least something is being added to the MK. Also, FL could really use something to absorb the masses of people that flock to that already. If MK is going to add another E-ticket, it would make much more sense to place it in an underused land...like Adventureland.

As for broadway style stage shows at WDW, the MK doesn't really have many...Cinderellabration....well, that is pretty much it, unless you count Magic Music Days:lookaroun

When enhancing the MK, they need to consider the overall park. The recently added attractions (Philharmagic and soon SGE) will add overall capacity to what the park can handle. They also will reduce lines on the other attractions in the park, as both are very high capacity. With IASW out now, and PotC rumored to recieve a complete overhaul next, MK needs the added capacity. A show can have much more capacity than a ride, and the capacity can be adjusted easier for peak and off-peak time periods by adding more or having less show times.

disnyfan89

Originally posted by martinthesparta
And I certainly believe the rumours of 1 e ticket and 2 smaller rides in the 20k area over this stage show garbage.

That I was told came from the cast portal

Jeff D

Originally posted by martinthesparta
I still think they should build a 20K clone from TDS.

I feel the same thing. In some ways I think there may be a possibility that is what they will do. It would make perfect sense to bring a state of the art attraction from TDS to replace the attraction it was based on originally.

On the other hand, 20k sat empty for 10 years so that is enough time for the average guest to forget it and put in anything they want.

As for what Grizz said about tomorrow land. I agree with it a bit. The skyway station finally needs to go and the speedway needs something else. They would be stupid not to put a smaller one near test track but that's another story.

Nothing upsets me more about the tomorrowland stange than the fact they set up a temporary stage what, 50 feet way? Umm, what sucks so bad that they cannot use the tomorrowland stage for the magic music days instead? If they are not going to use it then rip it out, the skyway too, move COP, and make some decent use of that area. How about looking at those original updates to tomorrowland they were looking at before the basic Jules Vern bit. The one where they were even going to get rid of that crappy counter service restaurant between tomorrowland and main street. Anyway, do the whole area up right instead of the already dated looking one they did.

By doing the big tomorrowland update, getting rid of the speedway, and making good use of the lagoon it would free up the crazy mess that happens over in frontierland and start to balance MK a bit. Not saying that it's that bad but it would be more than FT and FL use up now and spread it around.

Kwit35

I am only putting in my 2 cents, in the hopes that the 'powers-that-be' read these boards and make decisions based on majority opinion. NO MORE SHOWS!!!!!! We want rides, dark rides, rides that stimulate the senses. On my knees, begging, pretty please....give us a ride.
Shows are nice, here and there. But we are talking, prime property here. Location, Location, Location...Don't waste this real-estate with another show!
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Originally posted by Jeff D
I feel the same thing. In some ways I think there may be a possibility that is what they will do. It would make perfect sense to bring a state of the art attraction from TDS to replace the attraction it was based on originally.

On the other hand, 20k sat empty for 10 years so that is enough time for the average guest to forget it and put in anything they want.

As for what Grizz said about tomorrow land. I agree with it a bit. The skyway station finally needs to go and the speedway needs something else. They would be stupid not to put a smaller one near test track but that's another story.

Nothing upsets me more about the tomorrowland stange than the fact they set up a temporary stage what, 50 feet way? Umm, what sucks so bad that they cannot use the tomorrowland stage for the magic music days instead? If they are not going to use it then rip it out, the skyway too, move COP, and make some decent use of that area. How about looking at those original updates to tomorrowland they were looking at before the basic Jules Vern bit. The one where they were even going to get rid of that crappy counter service restaurant between tomorrowland and main street. Anyway, do the whole area up right instead of the already dated looking one they did.

By doing the big tomorrowland update, getting rid of the speedway, and making good use of the lagoon it would free up the crazy mess that happens over in frontierland and start to balance MK a bit. Not saying that it's that bad but it would be more than FT and FL use up now and spread it around.

Your complaining about the congestion in frontierland, but what happens when tommorrowland nor only has stitch, space mountain, and buzz, but another major attraction?

I don't disaggree that I wouldn't want to see new TL attarctions, but not another remodel. It's probally the least "dated" part of the whole park.

If anything, add an eticket to adventureland to balnce things out. Possibilities would be fire mountain, a haunted temple ride simular to indy, jungle book ride, or maybe a differently themed TDS 20k(something like exploring underwater caverns for strange creature and hidden treasure).

And the crappy counter service restaurant you speak of is a decent amount of land, but is also one of the highest rated counter service restaurants in MK. I just had an idea!!!! Move the plaza pavilion restaurant to the skyway building and build a "sky terrace", then you have all the room to work with.

I pretty much agree with you on everything else, but leave COP where it is, gives nice contrast and swallows large crowds in the area.

Jon_in_NC

Uggh!! What a waste of space!! I know the children and some adults like the shows, but we have enough shows already.

This would be a colossal waste of space. Do you realize how much real estate 20K Leagues occupies? Counting the lagoon itself, the wooded area to the left and rear, and the buliding for the ride and the garage area for the subs, that land occupies about the same amount of land as what It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion COMBINED take up! Or you could just about fit ALL of Toontown Fair on that land!

I just can't see using this land for another show. UNLESS the show would be a temporary use of the land until something much bigger is financially sound to construct there.

speck76

Originally posted by Jeff D
Nothing upsets me more about the tomorrowland stange than the fact they set up a temporary stage what, 50 feet way? Umm, what sucks so bad that they cannot use the tomorrowland stage for the magic music days instead? B]

Both stages are used for Magic Music Days...also, the temp stage is in the perfect position to hide the old skyway station from the central area of TL. If that stage gets removed, everyone will see a old, non-updated, square looking building that is used for nothing but restrooms. Until that side of TL is updated, it is best that the stage is not removed.

talonstruck

Wouldnt the lagoon site be better suited for the long lost villian mountain coaster that has floated around for years as the replacement for the lagoon? Anyone rember that?

talonstruck

Yea my hooked on phonics failed me, I meant Villians coaster that was supposed to be a hanging coster that followed some what of the Fantasmic story line, in upon on the lift hill you accidentally listen in to a bunch of the disney villlians evil plans they discorver you and then you encounter their rage thru out the coaster with loops and tight turns and lava effects and all. It sounded like a great idea, but knowing disney, great rides are gone, end up at univesal lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom