Lagoon Replacement!!!

noname70

The area couldn't support an e-ride attraction-it is already too congested.
A couple of years ago there was talk (some of which appeared on this site) of a Beauty and the Beast "Tiki Room" style attraction at the lagoon location.

joesauctionsale

rumors wrong

they have no plans at all for that area the demolition will not start for another 2 weeks we have photo entire ride as of yesterday for salvage of props they havent decided anything or made any palns except to extend areils grotto 30 foot wheen filled in i dont know how to post photos of some one will tell me how ill show u we are 100% correct.

Re: rumors wrong

Originally posted by joesauctionsale
they have no plans at all for that area the demolition will not start for another 2 weeks we have photo entire ride as of yesterday for salvage of props they havent decided anything or made any palns except to extend areils grotto 30 foot wheen filled in i dont know how to post photos of some one will tell me how ill show u we are 100% correct.

Why would they start demolishion if they have no plans? And I consider emptying the lagoon in order to demolish it part of the demolishment. And please, it's hard enough to understand spanglish, let alone read it.

Bill

Account Suspended
Harry Potter will be there... WU HA HA HA HA HA!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Originally posted by Bill

You know what, if it means no snow white stage show, fine with me. After all that arguing I finally caved.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Bill

Bill, you are the only person on this planet who believes that, and you make a bigger out of yourself every time you bring it up.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by noname70
The area couldn't support an e-ride attraction-it is already too congested.
A couple of years ago there was talk (some of which appeared on this site) of a Beauty and the Beast "Tiki Room" style attraction at the lagoon location.

Sure it could...same general location of the Matterhorn at Disneyland, and their Fantasyland is more congested than ours (twice as many rides in a smaller area). Just not Harry Potter ;)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
No Show

Originally posted by xfkirsten
As to the old Hyperion-like theater rumor... a theater like that would not fit in Fantasyland, nor do think it would even fit in Tomorrowland without extensive remodel in the area. That place is huge - I spend enough time in theree that I might as well make it a legal residence. ;) (points at her sig)

If you guys get Snow White - cool! It's a good show. It's not on par with Aladdin, but they also don't have the facility that Aladdin has to work with. I'd say in terms of quality, I put Snow White up there with Hunchback. Of course, who they cast will make all the difference in the world, too.

-Kirsten

Yes, it's a good show, but so is/was Hunchback and Tarzan...for certain crowds. The two shows that stand heads above the rests are Lion King and Aladdin (DCL). Snow White doesn't even come close. The audience is mostly young children and mothers...very similar to Little Mermaid at MGM.

The tent area is large, very similar to Tarzan or Beauty and the Beast.

So....with no more rambling...it ain't good enough for export. Do something new or just make it a smoking area :lol: :animwink:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Snow White: An Enchanting Musical on the 20K Lagoon?!?!? You gotta be kidding me. I didn't like the show at all. In some places it tried to make itself look funny, but it sure did fail to earn a laugh.

Aladdin would be the better show to bring over, whether they can do it on the lagoon or have it replace Beauty and the Beast over at the Studios.....:D

xfkirsten

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Snow White: An Enchanting Musical on the 20K Lagoon?!?!? You gotta be kidding me. I didn't like the show at all. In some places it tried to make itself look funny, but it sure did fail to earn a laugh.

Aladdin would be the better show to bring over, whether they can do it on the lagoon or have it replace Beauty and the Beast over at the Studios.....:D

Unfortunately, Aladdin wouldn't even fit in the BatB theater unless they cut a lot of major effects/show elements.

-Kirsten

JBoogie

OK...Am I missing something? Harry Potter isn't a Disney property. It belongs to WB. Harry Potter would more than likely go into a Six Flags park. I don't understand why people wants Harry Potter in MK in the middle of everything Disney.

speck76

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Unfortunately, Aladdin wouldn't even fit in the BatB theater unless they cut a lot of major effects/show elements.

-Kirsten

I have a feeling that if Aladdin opened in WDW, and HNA came with the show, you would not be far behind. (which is good, because Orlando needs more hotties:lookaroun )

xfkirsten

Originally posted by speck76
I have a feeling that if Aladdin opened in WDW, and HNA came with the show, you would not be far behind. (which is good, because Orlando needs more hotties:lookaroun )

Me? Move to Orlando jut to see him? *hastily closes Orlando apartment hunting window* :lookaroun

I'm crossing my fingers that he'll get more Aladdin days now that they've gone to 4 shows a day everyday for the summer. :p He deserves it more than the guy that replaced him...

-Kirsten

careship

Hmmmm

I hate even thinking about them replacing 20,000 Leagues, but it is better then nothing I guess. As for the Harry Potter thoughts, I wouldn't mind a temporary type thing but it would have to be in MGM IMHO. You know what I would really love to see though?????

A Mary Poppins attraction or stage show rather then a Snow White one. Would that not be Fantasyland enough? However, I could see Eisner being tempted to make a Mary poppins one like the Magic Carpets and Aladdin where you are having the tea party on the ceiling. That just wouldn't work. I also would love to see Lady and the Tramp somewhere there or 101 Dalmations.

General Grizz

I agree. . . a well-themed Mary Poppins area could well be the Magic Kingdom's next E-Ticket.

Therefore, knowing management, we won't get it. Meet and greets and stage shows are so much cheaper! :rolleyes:

careship

Originally posted by General Grizz
I agree. . . a well-themed Mary Poppins area could well be the Magic Kingdom's next E-Ticket.

Therefore, knowing management, we won't get it. Meet and greets and stage shows are so much cheaper! :rolleyes:

Here I thought I was the only one who'd like the Mary Poppins idea. I do think it is the currnt management that is holding back and using the recession/war/lower attendance as an excuse. We never do the Meet and Greets anymore my kids are too old for that. The stage shows....my boys love the Tarzan Rocks and we adore the Lion King, but other then that.....we don't do the shows. I miss them working on movies at MGM and I'm finding it hard to reason with myself why I need to return year after year. But, being 35 and my kids being 11 and 12 and have only one more year before my older one hits High School, I've decided to go anyways. Last year we went twice, once in July and again in October and it was worth it. We got to preview Mission Space in July and see Philharmagic in October and for the first time do the Halloween Party. Hmmmmm...thinking what can be reason this October? My excuse is to stay at Pop Century. Pretty lame, but hey any excuse is a good excuse right???

Originally posted by General Grizz

Granted, it would probally be a nice attraction, but they don't really need or want just nice or just plesant. I'm also not saying you must do a thrill e ticket there, but something more extravegant and fresher in peoples minds.

I think those that would like to see this are in the minority. Marry Poppins just doesn't have the staying power other classics do, but I could also be wrong in assuming that.

Even then, i don't think they would base even a small area on anything more than ten years old.

And don't anyone dare throw mickey or donald or any of the others at me because that's different. They have had a steady presence in the parks and (at least for a while) in various productions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom