Ladies...what do you carry? purse, backpack, pack?

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
i love going to wdw with just adults. the freedom from the stroller, big bag etc... can be so free feeling. in the past i've used small back packs or a pack to carry my stuff in. basically i take my id, ticket, credit card, sun glasses, a very small bottle of purell and a few other items as needed (nothing big). the pack i've used in the past has finally given up the ghost and i'm looking for something to replace it for our upcoming wdw trip. i don't really like single shoulder stap purses unless they can convert to a pack style for the long days in the parks. i hate anything real bulky mainly because of taking it on/off the rides.

so my question is any suggestions, what are you using, where did you get it and was it recent?

wendysue

i love going to wdw with just adults. the freedom from the stroller, big bag etc... can be so free feeling. in the past i've used small back packs or a pack to carry my stuff in. basically i take my id, ticket, credit card, sun glasses, a very small bottle of purell and a few other items as needed (nothing big). the pack i've used in the past has finally given up the ghost and i'm looking for something to replace it for our upcoming wdw trip. i don't really like single shoulder stap purses unless they can convert to a pack style for the long days in the parks. i hate anything real bulky mainly because of taking it on/off the rides.

so my question is any suggestions, what are you using, where did you get it and was it recent?

I usually use a pack. Sometimes just put my kingdom key and money in my pocket and go, I don't like anything hanging from my shoulders.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
What bag I carry depends on weather, time of year, what I am wearing, what park I am going to, alignment of the planets, atmospheric pressure, and if the date starts with an odd or even number. :lookaroun There is a complex algorithm that I use each day to help me decide what bag.

However, I have a few "default" bags that I prefer. I have a mini backpack with lots of pockets that is my favorite. I can fit a lot of things in there and maintain some semblance of organization at the same time. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUL-Ditty-Mini-Backpack-Black-5179MB-Black-/400242584485?pt=Luggage&hash=item5d30512ba5

If I am expecting it to get cold at night I have a bigger backpack that I can stick a sweatshirt in. This is also the bag I will use if I am planning to buy stuff during the day. (Can't find a pic of it but it came from DHS about 2 years ago)

If I want to carry a minimal amount of things and not be weighed down I use my Baggallini. It keeps things organized, eliminates the need for a separate wallet, and I don't have to deal with stuffing my pockets. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baggallini-Triple-Zip-Bag-Nylon-Purse-Handbag-Espresso-/110662724105?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item19c4032a09

I've recently switched from using a pack to using a baggalini messanger bag. I love it! I can put all my stuff in it, and I don't notice the weight. For some reason with the pack it would bother me after a day or so.

Though if it is cold, or if I think I might need to switch shoes, I still rent a locker for my larger stuff.

Kelsybelle

Now that my daughter is older, gone are the days of lugging around a backpack! Yippie!!! On our next trip, I think I'll use my Coach wristlet. It's just big enough that it holds my Key card, hand sanitizer wipes, money, I.D. ect. My Husband always carries the camera. I love having the freedom of having my hands free!

bduncan

If it is warm and I don't have to worry about a jacket, I try to wear pants/shorts with lots of pockets to put all much stuff in. When it is colder (like my next trip in 55 days), I am going to carry a small backpack to put my jacket in when I'm not wearing it.

Timekeeper

My new favorite bag to use is the "drawstring backpack."

Yes, at first I too thought those bags were just for the high-schoolers, but after trying one, it's now my bag of choice. Here's why:

1. It's cheap, and comes in countless designs.
  2. It doesn't weigh anything more than whatever is in it.
  3. It doesn't have any solid "shape" and can easily fit into any bag storage areas in the attractions.
  4. It can be worn on one or both shoulders; it's quite comfortable.
  5. It can be treated with waterproof repellant.
  6. It sits flat when nearly empty, but expands quite a bit to hold a sweater, or items purchased in the park.
  7. Its drawstring design means that the "opening" can open wide for easy access when fishing through the bag, AND remains closed and virtually inaccessible while being worn. <---This is a big plus for me for security reasons, meaning items are unlikely to accidentally fall out, and pick-pockets can't "reach in" to steal anything. (Yes, pick-pocketing does happen at WDW.)

Those are just a few of the immediate advantages that come to mind. :sohappy:

MissAlmyra

For my latest trip, I used a small purse with a long strap, which I could wear over one shoulder. It had several zipper compartments, but wasn't bulky and was easy to wear on rides. The long strap was perfect for pin trading, too!
Next time, I'll probably bring a slightly bigger bag, as it didn't quite fit all of my stuff plus the autograph book! :)

wishes2013

If I don't need a jacket, I like the Vera Bradley hipster or mini hipster. Or a drawstring bag if I need a jacket. When I went last spring, a mini hipster fit my point and shoot, cell phone, a bit of cash/ticket, and sunglasses. It was a bit tight, but it did the job.

CaptainShortty

I have a small Vera Bradley backpack that I use. It's small enough to not be a hassle yet big enough for me to put in a water bottle, my hidden secrets book along with all the stuff I would normally have to bring (Id, wallet, etc.). Plus it's Vera so it's fashionable. :) If that's something that's of importance to you. It's a bit more expensive than some other options but it's good for all sorts of things.

Susan Savia

I carry a canvas, zipper top bag that wear across my shoulders and it hangs by my side. (10" x 12" or thereabouts.) It has room to slide a mini umbrella in the side or a bottle of water, and room inside for camera and wallet. My arms are free and I like that yet I have it for needed items. If I buy a pin, magnet, post cards etc I can stick them in too. Got it from Walmart.

mickeysshoes

Now that i have a new camera I just use the camera bag and my cluch D&B. The D&B and sun glass case fit in the camera bag and i just carry the camera. Use to use a back pack and got really tired of carry it and found we really never used anything in it.

LuLaSue

picture.php

This is what I usually carry, I purchased it thru Avon a few years back.

I have learned, I buy my husband cargo shorts with lots of pockets, I stuff him full and I don't have to carry anything. :animwink:

plaz10

I usually carry a Vera Bradley backpack. I have the small and large ones.

I carry the large when I have our refillable mug to carry - along w/a long sleeve shirt (in restaurants/im always cold) random snack items, disney journal, wallet, camera, etc...

Sometimes we also use the draw string back - that way my fiance can carry it sometime and so can I (he's not a fan of carrying the Vera backpack:lol:)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I found a super practical bag from Eddie Bauer a few years ago that is ride-proof and durable but lots of organizational features and it has become my only thing to carry. Albeit DH carries a backpack for stowing jackets and water bottles, but the majority of the time it isn't used. I carry bandaids, neosporin, chapstick, cellphone, passes, credit cards,ID, sanitizer, my camera and batteries, small tube of hand lotion, and even can fit my camcorder in when need be and DH isn't available for stowage. I like the pull apart clip strap that I can attach to ride bars for extra security like Space, Splash and BTM. Pretty much like this one, nice and flat to body and no worries about stains etc. Tough travel bag works perfect for me:animwink:!

$(KGrHqMOKiME0oRNg+cIBNc(wVMvUg~~0_35.JPG

stonemom

picture.php

This is what I usually carry, I purchased it thru Avon a few years back.

I have learned, I buy my husband cargo shorts with lots of pockets, I stuff him full and I don't have to carry anything. :animwink:
I'm planning on stuffing my Husband and My two teen age sons when we go in December!! It should be a great trip with the boys carrying there own thing this time LOL-

plaz10

Also - even when carrying my backpack...I've never once had to get a locker/leave it w/someone else while riding. I took my backpack ON every single ride - including ToT, RnRC...well all roller coasters really. Absolutely every ride w/no problems

Lynn1030

I use a drawstring backpack. It can be as flat as I need it, but I can stuff a bunch of stuff in there if I need to too. It barely weighs anything and sometimes I don't even notice I have it.

sweetpee_1993

I really do favor the cross-body bags I made seen here. These bags are so simple and easy to maneuver. Once upon a time bag-check wasn't as strict about taking the bag off to have it checked. Because there aren't a dozen sealed pockets all you have to do it hold it open. When on rides I never even take the bag off. I just push it behind or close to my side and secure whatever restraints over me. Yep, this includes RnRC, ToT, E:E, SM, etc. Often when eating I don't take the bag off. Just place the pouch part on my lap or behind me which is especially convenient in crowded counter service places. However, I made these before I did trip reports and carried around a small notebook. My needs since I made these has changed slightly so I've added to my never-ending list of sewing projects making modified versions of these little bags for future trips. I need a little more space to accommodate the notebook. Also, now that I'm all hooked on Disney cruising I'm brainstorming on what my needs for those adventures are so I can make bags that will gear towards those, too. :wave:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
When we don't bring the kids my wife uses a cross shoulder mini purse thing. Almost looks like a camera bag. It has a stylized D on it. Its just big enough to carry the essentials. She loves it because she only uses it when we go to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom