Ladies...what do you carry? purse, backpack, pack?

bmarkelon

This one was worth the bump:

Disneystore.com has the crossbody Dooney & Burke bags on clearance - they are $139 and you can use the code "sale30" for an additional 30% off bringing them to $98 - and use the code "shiptoday" for free shipping as well!

I ALMOST bought mine - but my husband's job is in flux (he's an electrician and he may be laid off for a time) and he already said we may need to postpone our 2012 trip (I was thinking the fall) - so I can't go spending money on "extras" right now - gotta save the $$$!
Oh man, I want one! Wish I could afford it right now too.

I just bought the flatter 2011 Disney pack our last trip, my first pack ever and loved it! I will definitely be using it again next trip.

chrissyw14

I used a coach swingpack for money cell phone, camera, room key, for easy acess and I had a drawstring bag for like ponchos, our refillable mugs, and anything we bought, I used to have a black drawstring bag with high school musical written on it in gold but it broke! ]:

Aloha

For all the trips i've been on i've always used my trusty pack which i purchased at wal mart in 2004. It has a pocket at the front to hold things such as tickets and fastpasses and a middle pocket to hold things like my camera and money. (I also put an epcot passport neatly in there without bending) I wore it to all the attractions and rides and i have to say i have never lost a thing. There is also no need to phisically carry anything and most the time it feels like your not carrying anything at all. Would never use anything else, i totally recommend it.

I_heart_Tigger

This time I'll be carrying my camera bag. Might be a little heavier but it's worth it to have my gear with me. My issue with camera bags before was that I could never find one that is a "woman's" camera bag...they were all ugly black canvas things that just screamed CAMERA BAG!

I got this one from my mom for Christmas:

http://www.jill-e.com/collections/classic-collection/small-red-leather-camera-carry-all-bag

One thing that I like is the small purse inside that you can hook to the bag or use with the detachable strap.

Laura

I hardly carry anything into the parks. It's just annoying to do so. I have a wallet, a phone, gum, chapstick, and excedrine (rides sometimes give me headaches). I put them in here:

Sometimes if I'm not going to be in the park for long, I'll skip the purse and just carry my wallet and my phone, which fit in here:
ap_db_wristlet_bl1_fr.jpg

I used to not carry anything into the parks, and keep my phone in my back pocket, but then it fell out on the Matterhorn and was almost lost, so I stopped doing that.

If I need anything bulky (jacket, camera, etc.), I invest the $5 on a locker. I refuse to carry a bunch of crap with me around the parks.

Laura

This time I'll be carrying my camera bag. Might be a little heavier but it's worth it to have my gear with me. My issue with camera bags before was that I could never find one that is a "woman's" camera bag...they were all ugly black canvas things that just screamed CAMERA BAG!

I got this one from my mom for Christmas:

http://www.jill-e.com/collections/classic-collection/small-red-leather-camera-carry-all-bag

One thing that I like is the small purse inside that you can hook to the bag or use with the detachable strap.

I have a yellow Jill-E camera bag that same size and style. It's way too big to lug around a park and the straps are not comfortable at all, which is disappointing. It is, however, great for traveling. I've used it as a carry-on bag a bunch of times.

LoriSue

I always like to use the drawstring backpacks they sell in the park. The strings are long enough that, even though I'm a big girl they aren't tight on me (I can't stand anything tight on me), they're waterproof and DH doesn't mind carrying it sometimes. We can carry everything in it; camera, KTW cards, ziploc baggies for our phones on water rides and we can even get one of my daughter's jackets in it before it starts to feel full. :wave:

Chrononymous

My daily purse is actually a small leather drawstring pouch. It was custom made for me...and it's about the size of a medium fast food drink cup.

It has two long straps that I use to tie it around my waist, which makes it hands free, and awesome on vacations.
I can put it comfortably between my legs on most rides, and I have never lost anything!

You wouldn't think it holds much, but it's really surprising what I can fit into it. Keys, small travel sized containers of sunscreen, money, and even my camera have all fit easily into it. And really, there isn't much more I need to cart around when I am on vacation!

In the UK we call them "bum bags"!! I sometimes take one, or wear shorts/trousers with button/zip pockets to keep room key and money. I have my camera on a belt round my waist. If I need a jacket I will put it in a drawstring bag (which is very light) on my back. I like to go hands free!!

GoochDSA

My fiancee just uses my pockets. I keep her KttW, park ticket and ID in my wallet and I carry her camera in my pocket. The only other thing I carry is my phone (gotta love cargo shorts) and we are good to go.

I found a super cute little waterproof shoulder strap bag at Target that hangs right at my hip and has three pockets that are perfect for holding my Kingdom Key and all my maps, plus phone and camera. I wanted to get another one, because after 5 weeklong trips it got kind of dirty, but I couldn't find another one anywhere.

I would recommend a bag with a long shoulder strap that hits your hip; nothing huge, but big enough to hold everything you need to carry.

Sarabell

a small crossbody bag worked for me on my last trip. When my point and shoot didn't fit inside (I must clarify, my camera is the equivalent to a lethal weapon due to it's size because it uses AA batteries :lookaroun), I just hung it to the side of the bag.

Disnee4Me

I must look like a total freak, but I like to be hands free at the park, so I wear a belt and have my small camera case in the belt on my right side, my sunglass case on the pants loop on my left side, my cell phone on the belt and a small denim mickey mouse coin purse that holds my Disney Visa, a small amount of cash and the room key/tickets. It has a hook on it, like my sunglass case, so I hook it to the loop closest to my pocket and stuff the coin purse into my pocket. Anything to avoid having bags that have to be check through security.

6laurac

Last time I took a Kipling crossbody bag-this time I plan on taking either that one again or my Brighton Go Go messenger bag and my husband and I will take turns carrying a backpack too.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
i ended up going custom. i had played around with several different bags and just wasn't happy so i bought a cloth zip top bag in the purse section at target for $3 that is about 6-8 inches wide by about 4-6 inches tall added a one inch thick strap and clasps (purchased at a local craft store) that are flexible so it swivels to allow it to be used as a shoulder bag or pack. i was able to carry my id, kttkc, a credit card, some cash, my droid, a few girl items, a small hand sanitizer, a spare pair of contacts, and a zippy bag with some tylenol (could have carried a small bottle but i hate to rattle all day lol). i could fit my sun glasses in but it would be tight. it laid flat and worked out great. still take the draw string back pack like a few other posters if i have my granddaughter with me but it's only for carrying her snacks and if we need jackets or rain ponchos...otherwise i've made 1 long and 2 quick trips with just the little purse and am very pleased with it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just came back from 6 days at Disneyland and I tested out two Vera Bradley crossbody bags. One was a mini hipster and the hipster. The hipster worked the best and I really love it, it had more space than the mini, and I liked the placement of the pockets plus it is really lightweight and the strap is wider for more support. The mini might have been fine but it was a tight fit with my camera and diabetic kit so it didn't feel as good.

Disney_Belle

I've used 3 different Vera bags - the Mini Hipster, the Hipster and the Saddle Up. The Mini Hipster is great for those just looking to carry a small amount of stuff (phone, money, small camera). I carry TOO much and found it to be tedious trying to pull everything out to get one thing. On our trip for October 2011, I purchased the Hipster. It worked out great and I really liked it. However, my favorite has to be the Saddle Up bag that I used in January 2012. It doesn't have a zipper top (which I was leary of at first), but it has a flap that folds over and closes together with a magnet. There are 3 pockets inside of the bag, with a significant amount of room, as well as 2 pockets on the outer part of the bag (which are covered when the flap is down). I kept my camera, gum, wallet, ibuprofen and stuff inside the bag (I overpack, a lot) and my phone fits perfectly in the outer pockets (which are pretty deep, I have an iPhone 4s and it fits in very comfortably). I brought this bag and the Hipster with me to our Agent training in January and never used the Hipster. The Saddle Up ended up working above and beyond what I thought it would, and it was so comfortable to wear. My favorite part is that to get something out was so easy, everything had a dedicated spot. I could just open it, grab what I needed and then fold it back down and it was closed securely. It was a great bag for someone like me who is constantly pulling out my camera or checking my phone for emails from clients. I brought my iPad 2 with us one day on training and it fit in very well, along with everything else.

Here is a link to the bag:
http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Crossbody/Saddle-Up/154944/defaultColor/Island+Blooms/pc/638/c/0/sc/883/p/154944.uts

DizneyPryncess

I carry a tinkerbell tote bag that my mom made for me. It opens easily, and stores what I need. I usually bring in my camera, hidden mickey book, some cash & room key. I like to pack light. If we bring anything like a change of clothes or snacks they go in the locker into we need them. Although now that I have a little one in tow, I'm expecting to have a lot more next time I go into the parks.

Tinkerbella16

I use a small cross over bag that keeps pretty much everything I need. I also wear my Tink lanyard with fastpass/roomkey/money pouch connected to it. Very convenient for the parks with fastpasses and taking our room keys out quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom