Ladies...what do you carry? purse, backpack, pack?

SuperSaint

My girlfriend used a great, multi-function bag. It was a smaller backpack but the straps could be readjusted to make it into more of a purse. It held pretty much everything she needed and could be made to suit any conditions. I've been trying to find a picture of it but there really isn't too good of one.

n22903373_41322660_1183985.jpg

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
thanks for all the great suggestions :sohappy:. it certainly has given me more ideas than i'd have come up with on my own.

R W B

On our last trip my G/F and I bought an Adidas drawstring back pack for the trip. It was only $5 too at a sports store. It's very light weight by itself but can hold alot. I took it on everyride very easily. My GF and I took turns holding it but it never really got annoying or anything like that. It was the best $5 we spent on that trip lol.

Emyli Mouse

Drawstring all the way

I used a sports drawstring bag. My mom bought me a Nike one a few years ago that has two small pockets and one large one in the front. Perfect for the id, the camera, the bigger one for the sunglasses. Perfect. I recently bought an underarmour one with less pockets, but still does the job. I carry all the above mentioned stuff, plus I ALWAYS bring raincoats that stuff in the bottom, and we also always bring lunch and snacks in, which also can fit in here. It's tight and sometimes heavy, but lightens up as we eat the snacks!

Silver Figment

My new favorite bag to use is the "drawstring backpack."

Yes, at first I too thought those bags were just for the high-schoolers, but after trying one, it's now my bag of choice. Here's why:

1. It's cheap, and comes in countless designs.
  2. It doesn't weigh anything more than whatever is in it.
  3. It doesn't have any solid "shape" and can easily fit into any bag storage areas in the attractions.
  4. It can be worn on one or both shoulders; it's quite comfortable.
  5. It can be treated with waterproof repellant.
  6. It sits flat when nearly empty, but expands quite a bit to hold a sweater, or items purchased in the park.
  7. Its drawstring design means that the "opening" can open wide for easy access when fishing through the bag, AND remains closed and virtually inaccessible while being worn. <---This is a big plus for me for security reasons, meaning items are unlikely to accidentally fall out, and pick-pockets can't "reach in" to steal anything. (Yes, pick-pocketing does happen at WDW.)

Those are just a few of the immediate advantages that come to mind. :sohappy:

Very nice response, ill give my girlfriend the advice for when we go down in January.

enchanted_belle

Like so many others, I use the drawstring for everywhere I go. I have so many of them now, mainly because colleges like to give them out to students. :rolleyes:

But, a few years back, I got one in WDW that was pink with a crown on it (I think that's what it had). I'm going to be using that one for my upcoming trip, if I can find it again... :lookaroun

jayhawkmickey

My wife brought her Vera Bradley over the shoulder thing and found that it gave her blisters on her foot opposite the bag. She bought a drawstring at Epcot and felt much better the last four days of our trip.

MegLovesDisney

I bought a cross shoulder bag specifically for the trip I went to in May and it worked awesome! Enough room for everything (its like maybe 9inches by 7inches) but it was hands free and out of the way..plus it fit with me on every ride, even the Rock and Rollercoaster! I ended up even using it since I've been home...too easy :) have fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
This time I carried a new purse that I picked up at a sporting goods store, like REI. It is a Sherpani Zoe crossbody wallet size purse that you can carry cash, credit cards, and a cell phone. I even stuck in a spf lipbalm in the change section. I also attached a small purell to the strap. It was very nice and didn't get in the way of rides!

BelleofDE

I have a WDW messenger style purse that I use. It's the type that goes over the body, so it is secure and doesn't fall off my shoulder constantly. It's not annoying to tuck it places while I go on rides since they all have little mesh bag holders on them. I carry my keycard, camera, phone, and first aid kit (for blisters on the feet!) around with me. It is also nice to have something to stick small purchases in and things you don't want to wait the 2 days before they show up at your resort (thank you WDW for that service!!).

I keep on thinking of downgrading because my purse has all my pins on it. That sucker is pretty heavy, and I'm afraid I'll lose my pins (I bought locking backs for them). But, I spent so much money on pins that I want to be able to show them off!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oooh I lost a very important pin when I had them on my bag....now I will still put one on from time to time but only one I am willing to loose...too easy to catch on things like when stuffing in pockets on BTM....:king:

disney magic 06

I really do favor the cross-body bags I made seen here. These bags are so simple and easy to maneuver. Once upon a time bag-check wasn't as strict about taking the bag off to have it checked. Because there aren't a dozen sealed pockets all you have to do it hold it open. When on rides I never even take the bag off. I just push it behind or close to my side and secure whatever restraints over me. Yep, this includes RnRC, ToT, E:E, SM, etc. Often when eating I don't take the bag off. Just place the pouch part on my lap or behind me which is especially convenient in crowded counter service places. However, I made these before I did trip reports and carried around a small notebook. My needs since I made these has changed slightly so I've added to my never-ending list of sewing projects making modified versions of these little bags for future trips. I need a little more space to accommodate the notebook. Also, now that I'm all hooked on Disney cruising I'm brainstorming on what my needs for those adventures are so I can make bags that will gear towards those, too. :wave:

I love your bags Sweetpee, and a was very pleased a few weeks ago to find a very similar one in a Uk store, Fatface.What's more, in was on sale, half price!

I normally use a drawstring bag during the day when I have more to carry, and a smaller cross body bag (like Sweetpees) in the evening.

BelleofDE

Oooh I lost a very important pin when I had them on my bag....now I will still put one on from time to time but only one I am willing to loose...too easy to catch on things like when stuffing in pockets on BTM....:king:

I lost my wedding pin I had just bought while I was still on my honeymoon bike riding around Castaway Cay. I, amazingly, found it because my DH and I back tracked and found it laying on the ground! I had not gotten around to putting a locking back on it yet, but now it is securely there!

MagicMegan

I've always carried a purse on me before because I smoked, but since quitting a month ago, I may not need the big bag. But I do have a tendency of bringing stupid things to the park, like mine and my sisters cameras, my phone, my moms, my sisters, smokes (not anymore hopefully!), i put drinks and snacks in there... umbrellas... yeah, my purse is the size of a carry on.

NYwdwfan

This one was worth the bump:

Disneystore.com has the crossbody Dooney & Burke bags on clearance - they are $139 and you can use the code "sale30" for an additional 30% off bringing them to $98 - and use the code "shiptoday" for free shipping as well!

I ALMOST bought mine - but my husband's job is in flux (he's an electrician and he may be laid off for a time) and he already said we may need to postpone our 2012 trip (I was thinking the fall) - so I can't go spending money on "extras" right now - gotta save the $$$!

DebbieL

I use a Baggallini cross-body bag. I love traveling hands-free, and it's perfect for the park. I wouldn't use anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom