La Fiesta de MJ

DisneyBunny

Well, today I meet with the Dr, and we decide what we're going to do from here. Joy. It's never fun when they tell you that you have to come in, rather than just discuss it on the phone. :(

Uponastar

So my daughter went down to South Carolina to visit her girlfriend.
She took Amtrak. Her train was due to leave South Carolina at 1:00 AM yesterday and pull into Philadelphia at 2:00 PM yesterday afternoon - a 13 hour trip. She got to Philly at 4:00 AM today!!!!!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Well, today I meet with the Dr, and we decide what we're going to do from here. Joy. It's never fun when they tell you that you have to come in, rather than just discuss it on the phone. :(

I know it's scary Bunny. :(

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
She took Amtrak. Her train was due to leave South Carolina at 1:00 AM yesterday and pull into Philadelphia at 2:00 PM yesterday afternoon - a 13 hour trip. She got to Philly at 4:00 AM today!!!!!

Ouch. I do love trains, but that's pushing it!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Ouch. I do love trains, but that's pushing it!

I think that may be her first and last train trip. :rolleyes:
The worse part for her is that they don't keep passengers informed as to ETAs. We knew more by tracking the train on the internet!

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
Good luck Bunny - but speak up for yourself...

Nemo14

Uponastar said:

:eek: :eek: Did they explain why?

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
:eek: :eek: Did they explain why?

I'm not sure...
I think it started out with a delay due to an accident on the tracks.
They left South Carolina 8 hours late, but why they wound up as far behind as they did, I can't imagine! Lauren will probably be sleeping this one off for quite awhile!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
I'm not sure...
I think it started out with a delay due to an accident on the tracks.
They left South Carolina 8 hours late, but why they wound up as far behind as they did, I can't imagine! Lauren will probably be sleeping this one off for quite awhile!
Poor kid - I think I would have got out and walked!

DisneyBunny

We used to take the train down to Disney... it was so relaxing and a great way to travel... but then the prices ran sky high, and it's hard to justify them with the fact that a round trip airline ticket is cheaper and it gets you there in mere hours.

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
We used to take the train down to Disney... it was so relaxing and a great way to travel... but then the prices ran sky high, and it's hard to justify them with the fact that a round trip airline ticket is cheaper and it gets you there in mere hours.
I looked into train travel for our youth group when they were going to DC and I couldn't believe how expensive it was going to be. They ended up flying with SW!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
I looked into train travel for our youth group when they were going to DC and I couldn't believe how expensive it was going to be. They ended up flying with SW!

SW is our carrier of choice too. On our most recent trip, I got the prices down to $39 each way... my last gas fillup was $43! It puts it all in perspective...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom