KUNGALOOSH! I went to the Adventurer's Club and...

WDWKat26

Original Poster
Rob, I have a bottle of Febreze...

RPM, likewise! I'm glad I can finally put a face to an account! (I would say name...but...ya...)

Slappy was definitely the best part of last night!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Febreze... we'll try it out, if not I'll dig out the industrial strength stuff we use at my hotel to turn a smoking room into a non-smoking room

EthylCooper

There is a history for a LOT of stalkerish behavior concerning performers at the AdvClub.

I had a feeling there probably was. I happened to pass my favourite Fletcher as he was heading to his car one night. He looked terrified to see someone who had been in the club, but he nodded and said hello. He looked so relieved when I just said hello back and walked on past. I kind of figured that they must have had some problems before for him to have looked that worried.

mkt

Premium Member
Ditto. I've run into performers after hours getting a meal and around town, and with a few exceptions (those being performers I actually know outside the club), the conversation has never been more than "hi" back and forth :)

a2grafix

Just out of curiosity, like in any place of employment, you have many people doing many jobs for an employer. Everyone has a shift and all, but some have two or more jobs they are qualified to do.

My question is, how many cast members do play the Adventurer's Club cast? Is it 10 or 20 or 30? Seems to be an ever-expanding and revolving cast. The reason I say this, is that on You Tube and on MKT3K's web site and MySpace and others, the nightly cast at the AC changes.

I even see someone playing two or three parts. Is that normal? Is it like the person who is a main character, say Otis T. Wren, also the butler on another night or Emil? Or if a person is sick, does the understudy come in and take their place? Or are they just talented enough that on any given night the cast member can be either Otis, the Bulter or Emil?

MKT I applaud you for your efforts in sharing your memories with those who have rarely gone or have annual trips to WDW -- or some like me who have not been to WDW since August 1993.

Everyone's efforts kind of bridge the gap for me until the next time I visit WDW, which I hope to visit before the end of 2007. Fourteen years!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, like in any place of employment, you have many people doing many jobs for an employer. Everyone has a shift and all, but some have two or more jobs they are qualified to do.

My question is, how many cast members do play the Adventurer's Club cast? Is it 10 or 20 or 30? Seems to be an ever-expanding and revolving cast. The reason I say this, is that on You Tube and on MKT3K's web site and MySpace and others, the nightly cast at the AC changes.

I even see someone playing two or three parts. Is that normal? Is it like the person who is a main character, say Otis T. Wren, also the butler on another night or Emil? Or if a person is sick, does the understudy come in and take their place? Or are they just talented enough that on any given night the cast member can be either Otis, the Bulter or Emil?
MKT I applaud you for your efforts in sharing your memories with those who have rarely gone or have annual trips to WDW -- or some like me who have not been to WDW since August 1993.

Everyone's efforts kind of bridge the gap for me until the next time I visit WDW, which I hope to visit before the end of 2007. Fourteen years!
This is quite common at AC. Almost all of the cast members will play all the roles. If you go there for multiple nights you will see this rotation first hand. This is actually a good thing. Each cast member will bring a little different flavor to each character and it really adds to making each night different. You will also see the some of the cast members from AC playing other roles at the other 4 parks.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
keep this alive, what are the best drinks there... I had a hoopla it was ok, but im not into too many sweet drinks

TheMagicMouse

I suggest anyone who has never been to the adventurer's club, go, and you won't be disapointed! it's worth the admission to pleasure island alone.

RPMdfw

keep this alive, what are the best drinks there... I had a hoopla it was ok, but im not into too many sweet drinks

The best drinks I've had at the club have been when I've asked Dana, Laura, or George to be creative. They'll ask what kind of flavors I'm in the mood for, then make a custom cocktail. :slurp:

The bartenders and servers at the AC are excellent!

Pippa

I will definately second that!!!! My favs include a Kungaloosh (no cream), Hoopla and a Yakoose Mousse YUM!!!!

The bartenders & servers are as important to the AC as the "permanent members" it would not be the same without them.

mkt

Premium Member
Kungaloosh, whipped creme, slice of orange, no cherries.

Sean, Kat
I'm gonna head out after American Dad :)

SGT623

I don't know how far away it is from me in metric, but I can see the Pleasure Island search lights right now from my window.
:p

mkt

Premium Member
I think I may actually pass on tonight. I've gone 3 nights in a row and I'd rather get cheap booze tomorrow night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom