KUNGALOOSH! I went to the Adventurer's Club and...

RPMdfw

Wow. They do like to forget their lines once and a while. And all the regulars there know when they forget there lines and we laugh and all the people that have never been there before look at us weird. Some people must have called out last night to get Robby and Tombstone there. Was Snoopy there?

Dude, Using cast member's real names is usually not a good idea. Most performers at the AC don't like it. And I'm fairly sure the one you've named above doesn't.

WDWKat26

Original Poster
Dude, Using cast member's real names is usually not a good idea. Most performers at the AC don't like it. And I'm fairly sure the one you've named above doesn't.

Okay, I can understand what you're talking about. But, you seem very protective over them, is there a specific reason? I mean, do you know all of them personally? Plus, way to be a buzzkill on me wanting to eat eggrolls during the radiothon :(

RPMdfw

Okay, I can understand what you're talking about. But, you seem very protective over them, is there a specific reason? I mean, do you know all of them personally? Plus, way to be a buzzkill on me wanting to eat eggrolls during the radiothon :(

I am friends with some of the performers, but that's only part of the reason, and really kind of beside the point.

There is a history for a LOT of stalkerish behavior concerning performers at the AdvClub. I'll just leave it at that. For that reason, some performers are very protective of their privacy. If that's how they want to handle it, then I think we should respect that. Especially if it's something they mention to one of us locals after they get comfortable talking to us as "regulars". Not everything they mention to us in casual conversation is something they'd want posted on a public forum with thousands of readers, if you know what I mean.

As for being a buzzkill, sorry about that. Go ahead and do it. I just wanted to let you know why the cast wasn't as tickled by it as you might expect. And depending on who's performing what role, they might play along. But I have seen them roll their eyes when people do it. I just didn't want you to be disappointed if you didn't get the reaction you wanted out of it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I am friends with some of the performers, but that's only part of the reason, and really kind of beside the point.

There is a history for a LOT of stalkerish behavior concerning performers at the AdvClub. I'll just leave it at that. For that reason, some performers are very protective of their privacy. If that's how they want to handle it, then I think we should respect that. Especially if it's something they mention to one of us locals after they get comfortable talking to us as "regulars". Not everything they mention to us in casual conversation is something they'd want posted on a public forum with thousands of readers, if you know what I mean.

As for being a buzzkill, sorry about that. Go ahead and do it. I just wanted to let you know why the cast wasn't as tickled by it as you might expect. And depending on who's performing what role, they might play along. But I have seen them roll their eyes when people do it. I just didn't want you to be disappointed if you didn't get the reaction you wanted out of it.

Agreed 110%. AC CM's don't like their actual names out there. If you have the privilige (sp??) of knowing what they are, keep them to yourself. Which is why most AC CM's have nicknames.

Also, there was uber-drama a few months ago with the 'regulars' and it created much un-needed tension between the regualrs and CM's and a few regulars even stopped coming into the club because of it. Just an FYI

WDWKat26

Original Poster
I completely agree. Trust me, i'm in Entertainment as well and we have plenty of character stalkers. Where I am, we have one specific person who chooses to stalk my character. Not cool, so I can completely understand. I used to tell people that I was in entertainment, and the next thing I knew they'd be yelling, "YOU'RE _____(enter character here)____?????". Needless to say, it was the attention that I did not want, nor appreciated. Now I just tell people i'm in attractions and leave it at that.

I think I might eat my eggrolls here at home, plus i'm not the best at eating them and I don't want to look like a horse in front of the cast :) :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think I might eat my eggrolls here at home, plus i'm not the best at eating them and I don't want to look like a horse in front of the cast :) :lol:

:lookaroun

How does one be 'best' at eating egg rolls? Is there a rule book? :lol:

And since I've already mentioned that I'm a Dirty Old Man...

Girl, you don't ever need to be worried about looking "like a horse"! :kiss:

metscool

Mmmm.....Eggrolls. I should bring some tomorrow night for the Radiothon. I think I might, and i'll bring duck sauce as well. I think they'd get a kick out of it ;)
I would love to see that tomorrow. That would get the people's money that never seen the place before.

SGT623

...anyway, another great night at the club. Even though I didn't get there until close to closing time, it was well worth the trip.

Shart!
I mean...KUNGALOOSH!

metscool

...anyway, another great night at the club. Even though I didn't get there until close to closing time, it was well worth the trip.

Shart!
I mean...KUNGALOOSH!
How was it? I ended up leaving after the Balderdash cup because I had school today at 830. What did they do with the Samantha being sick and all?LaRue probly didn't have that many songs to do the sing-a-long. Do you know or did you come in that late last night. I can not wait to see what happens tonight.

WDWKat26

Original Poster
How was it? I ended up leaving after the Balderdash cup because I had school today at 830. What did they do with the Samantha being sick and all?LaRue probly didn't have that many songs to do the sing-a-long. Do you know or did you come in that late last night. I can not wait to see what happens tonight.

Ouch, that sounds like a burn to LaRue! They did a radio broadcast in place of Samatha's Cabaret, but I did not go to see it. It was a great night otherwise!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Good night tonight... especially with Slappy and the Colonel.

Next time I'm there however, I'm bringing air freshener with me.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Well it wasn't me.

And it wasn't Kat (who it was very nice to meet, by the way) :wave:
It wasn't me either... probably stinky old Otis T. Wren, or as I call him, O-teste-wren

chappy

I'd like to see them update the shows and special effects in Adventurers' Club. I don't think they've done any significant updates (or actually any minor ones for that matter) since it opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom