Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

mickey2008.1

Plain and simple, have a great menu with great service. No matter what you have on the menu, it has to be good, and the service has to be there. From eggs to burgers, and braised short ribs, or a filet with mushroom risotto, you can have great food, but poor service a no, same with great service and poor food, it all has to be good, and Kats place did not have both. Plus the lease and expense did not help either. But let me digress, Atmosphere has a ton to do with sales in WDW. Look at Trex and RC, both have bad service and food, but still command large crowds. Why? For the atmosphere for families. Not me anymore. I will take food and service over those kind of places. Being a chef, we are spoiled in my house.

ABQ

Service was rarely a problem for me at Kouzzina. The menu was decent as well. However the food could be hit or miss. Breakfast was great there, the stacked kouzzina was wonderful. However, dinner could be odd. I love traditional Greek food, and though this is a fusion, it didn't strike a chord with me and I tried it 3 times. Also, my gosh was the calamari appetizer waaaaay too salty.

DougK

No great loss as far as I am concerned. Now they can bring back Alfredo's and put it on the Boardwalk instead of in World Showcase. A win-win if you ask me (and nobody did). :)

TRONorail12

It probably does not fit the tastes of the average Disney Guest - Burgers/Chicken nuggets seem to be the preferred cuisine with steaks at the upper end. However Disney DOES do a really good pot roast never figured how Disney has allowed that to remain unchanged over the years.

I was in line for lunch at Be Our Guest the other day and a guest actually got angry at the CM outside monitoring the queue line because there wasn't any kids chicken nuggets on the menu. I overheard her proceed to say that the menu was unacceptable for children if there wasn't any chicken nuggets on it. My jaw just dropped! I was like holy crap lady, I can't wait to see how fat your kids get in the next 5-10 years if she thinks only feeding children chicken nuggets is good for their health.

wedway71

That is the problem with celeb driven business ventures. Their popularity come and go. Once they are no longer the "Next big thing" they become less viable. I have never been there so maybe talking out of term. If the food is really that good than maybe the celeb baking wont matter.

I tend to think of Planet Hollywood. The food to me was bleh but it had charm since Arnold, Stalone, Willis, and Moore owned it. Granted it was a really fun place to eat but lost it Fizz after a while.

I always thought Disney would be better off with eateries that were well themed, good food, and did not depend on a Celeb endorsement to drive it. This way when that person is no longer exciting, the business model still works.

tribbleorlfl

It probably does not fit the tastes of the average Disney Guest - Burgers/Chicken nuggets seem to be the preferred cuisine with steaks at the upper end. However Disney DOES do a really good pot roast never figured how Disney has allowed that to remain unchanged over the years.
Not a problem isolated to Disney, I can assure you. There's a reason Mythos is a shadow of what it used to be.

jlsHouston

I was in line for lunch at Be Our Guest the other day and a guest actually got angry at the CM outside monitoring the queue line because there wasn't any kids chicken nuggets on the menu. I overheard her proceed to say that the menu was unacceptable for children if there wasn't any chicken nuggets on it. My jaw just dropped! I was like holy crap lady, I can't wait to see how fat your kids get in the next 5-10 years if she thinks only feeding children chicken nuggets is good for their health.

OMG, I know I am just as guilty as the next, it all started with my generation we became the drive thru queens feeding our kids and nuggets were a simple feed. My oldest actually would ask for pass out dinners which use to crack me up, I thought she was referring to her dad passing out immediately after eating, but it was the please pass the corn....was why she named sitting at the dinner table for a meal the pass out dinner. I guess she got tired of her meals being passed from the front seat to the back.

But the menu for lunch is awesome and I hope they keep it. We fed DGS the roasted port with the vegies and so much healthier than fried food if you ask me. I gave him a bite of my turkey sand, and had it been on regular bread he would have liked that too....that was a really good turkey sandwich..

jlsHouston

I agree. Menu was not for me. We do also enjoy Big River. We did breakfast at Kouzzina. That was fine. It was one of those, ok, we ate at the restaurant. I personally would like to see a Tex-Mex go in there.

Here here me too but I don't think it would fit with the theme of the BW. Breakfast tacos or migas for breakfast !

Bocabear

OMG someone enjoys Big River? That has to be the saddest and worst restaurant at WDW... Really horrible service, the restaurant is always dirty, and the menu is just plain uninspired and bad... The menu at Beaches and Cream is more interesting. I wish they would hurry up and tear that out and replace it with something else...We had good luck at Kouzzina many times.. both in service and food quality...Also Spoodles was a lovely place for breakfast away from the crowds. Boardwalk could REALLY use some better choices for food aside from Flying Fish.... Hopefully it will not become a buffet or Character Meal location...

willtravel

Here here me too but I don't think it would fit with the theme of the BW. Breakfast tacos or migas for breakfast !
Never thought about theme. I don't really remember what the inside looked like to fit a boardwalk theme. But is greek food served on a boardwalk? Just wondering. Never been on one besides WDW's Boardwalk. Japanese would be nice also. Just don't want another burger type place. Already have ESPN and Big River.

Marijil

Never thought about theme. I don't really remember what the inside looked like to fit a boardwalk theme. But is greek food served on a boardwalk? Just wondering. Never been on one besides WDW's Boardwalk. Japanese would be nice also. Just don't want another burger type place. Already have ESPN and Big River.
Why not a real NJ Boardwalk joint...sausage and peppers, porkroll egg and cheese, pizza slices bigger than your head, zeppoles...and snooki could be hostess, maybe even do a meet and greet

Bocabear

Actually that could be a lot of fun...and make Big River over into a proper Gastropub...so you would have reasonably priced fun food...and then something a little more sophisticated but not Flying Fish... Then maybe they could send ESPN to Downtown Disney and put the Adventurers Club in it's place...

Irie

Unbelievable. I guess it will be replaced by someplace with a generic menu. Let's just make everything burgers and chicken nuggets. When our taste buds are only exposed to burgers, pizza, and nuggets our palates suffer. I blame parenting. When we were kids (I know I sound like a cranky old man), you ate what was prepared. Parents now take the easy way out and let the children call the shots. Now no one wants to try anything different.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom