Kingdom Keepers

AmazingAshtay

Original Poster
It's probably crossed the mind of every kid ( or adult ) who has ever visited the World; they dream of sneaking into Walt Disney World after hours. For those of you who have read it Ridley Pearson does an amazing job in this book.

And

So, the question arises. . .

Have you or any one you know ever tried staying in the parks after hours? Nestled snugly in garbage can perhaps :D, a bathroom :lookaroun, or in a bush:eek:? We all know its hard with all of the workers, especially maitnence who put in the hours after the park closes.

Any sucess stores? :animwink:

Ilovewishes

That book is the reason I'm so afraid of IASW!! I thought it was a creepy ride before but after reading that, those dolls terrify me!

And I'm not too sure about Winnie the Pooh either!:lookaroun

Ilovewishes

I got mine at DTD, in the Art of Disney shop, or at least the little stationery shop right next door to it. Alternatively, you could check out the Virgin Megastore at DTD. I've never looked for it online, so you could get it from there. It's called Kingdom Keepers and it was written by Ridley Pearson.

I really do recommend it. It taught me a few things that I didn't know about the parks as well!

Dwarful

I added it to the classroom library. It has been very popular with all the kids those who have been to WDW and those who dream of going! It is a very fun book. But no, I haven't ever thought of staying in past closing time.

Ilovewishes

It would be cool to be in there past closing time. Kinda creepy but it would be so amazing if all the characters really did come to life!! I know, I know, I'm 24 but I can still dream, can't I?? :rolleyes:

KingStefan

I was sitting in a rocking chair in Frontierland in front of the general store at the end of a PPP while DW and DD went off to find the last X. I wasn't trying to hide or anything - just waiting for the family. Several CMs were asking people to please move toward main street and walked right by me. It was dark, and I was sitting very still (I was beat!). It was sort of like I was hiding in plain sight. It made me wonder how difficult it would be to stay in the park late.

What would you do, though? There are still plenty of things happening, aren't there? And doesn't security patrol? Are there motion sensors, etc? I would think that it wouldn't be much fun, as you'd have to hide the whole time!

Unless maybe you did it in the off season and didn't move until the middle of the night. Still not much fun to my way of thinking.

Ilovewishes

But the characters come to life and the Pirates of the Caribean take the cars from Buzz Space Ranger Spin and drive them around the parks and Winnie the Pooh and Piglet wander down the street!! Nightime is when the parks really come alive!!!

According to the book, anyway...:lookaroun

Disneykidder

Hmmm. Unless all of the rides were available for me to ride as I so pleased and all of the shops and places were there in the same way I don't think I'd want to be there alone. Not really sure why...

Wilt Dasney

I definitely wouldn't want to be there after hours if it was like Kingdom Keepers. I think at one point in the book, the kids are hanging out after park close with everything shut down, and characters (Goofy and Tom Sawyer, maybe) just start walking out of the castle — off to do whatever characters do when the place is closed.

Creeeeeeeepy.... :eek:

stitch001

That book is the reason I'm so afraid of IASW!! I thought it was a creepy ride before but after reading that, those dolls terrify me!

Amen to that. It's actually become an inside Joke between a bunch of my friends. "Just smile, Keep Smiling"

That was a great book. And now I'm waiting not so patiently for the next one.

bluefaery

Kingdom Keepers 2 Disney at Dawn comes out August 26th. I think it deals with the Animal Kingdom this time.

Cool I can't wait.

And I'm not too sure about Winnie the Pooh either!:lookaroun

You and me both. In fact during a past trip I actually got stuck on IASW for about 15 minutes. I had just finished reading Kingdom Keepers and I swear those dolls were alive. My mind was playing tricks on me.

Cubs Brian

We have been lucky to be both the first guest in the park and also the last to leave, very early breakfast resv. and very late dinner resv, last table to leave. Kind of a calm before the storm in A.M the aftermath in P.M

Phonedave

Barnes & Noble had it on clearance. I got a hardcover for about $10 two or three weeks ago.

My 9 y/o is reading it now. I may have to poach it from her.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom