Kingdom Hearts at the Team Parks...

Pens24

Sorry but no.

1. Kingdom Hearts is not Disney's answer to Harry Potter.
2. Disney management is not currently in the mode of replacing and retheming attractions in favor of a massive theme takeover.
3. Kingdom Hearts has a limited audience in comparison to that of the parks, and its influence within the parks would be minimal compared to that of a franchise as well known as Toy Story, The Little Mermaid or any of the other classic Disney films.

The only area within the Magic Kingdom (or any other park in Walt Disney World for that matter) to be receiving a more major theme overhaul will be Tomorrowland, and that will have a connection to another newly popular franchisable character/movie.[/quote

Kingdom hearts is not as popular has harry potter...most guest who go to disney world probally have never even heard of Kingdom hearts...Kingdom hearts will never come to disney world what would the ride be? sora fighting heartless to find his friends :ROFLOL:

Animaniac93-98

I don't know how rides and lands dedicated to Kingdom Hearts could take off. The thing about Kingdom Hearts is that you experience the worlds of previously established Disney franchises. You might as well just build rides based on those movies anyway.

This would be why KH would make sense in WDW. It could work as just add on to previously existing attractions with characters guests already recognize. Still it makes more sense in Tokyo where KH merchandise is sold in the parks already and they could actually do it right.

Maybe have some sort of Key blade product that you could sell in a store in the park (and have customizable versions and charge some ridiculous price, Disney could make quite alot off those things) and have it taken on rides with you and using that Key blade would cause stuff to happen in the ride...It doesn't seem so far fetched because it doesn't hinder your enjoyment of attractions if your not into KH and makes it fun for the fans. Just saying is all.

Pens24

Sorry but no.

1. Kingdom Hearts is not Disney's answer to Harry Potter.
2. Disney management is not currently in the mode of replacing and retheming attractions in favor of a massive theme takeover.
3. Kingdom Hearts has a limited audience in comparison to that of the parks, and its influence within the parks would be minimal compared to that of a franchise as well known as Toy Story, The Little Mermaid or any of the other classic Disney films.

The only area within the Magic Kingdom (or any other park in Walt Disney World for that matter) to be receiving a more major theme overhaul will be Tomorrowland, and that will have a connection to another newly popular franchisable character/movie.

Kingdom hearts is not as popular has harry potter...most guest who go to disney world probally have never even heard of Kingdom hearts...Kingdom hearts will never come to disney world what would the ride be? sora fighting heartless to find his friends :ROFLOL:

Disneyson 1

And randomly during the ride the cars stop as a random creepy voice says this in pitch blackness:

"Our worlds are dying, but we are but a blip on the heart of the world, the darkness will never die. Raging battle take place within the master of the universe, while the children in the park play innocently and grandparents wish they were young again. What is the world but a giant canvass for your heart to give in to the darkness... NAY A WOO TEY HOOOOPLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Then, a random black demon comes out of the floor and Donald and Goofy start fighting it. A small child in the car who just got his first pair of mickey ears starts crying in fear.

Yeah... not gonna happen.

Buried20KLeague

And randomly during the ride the cars stop as a random creepy voice says this in pitch blackness:

"Our worlds are dying, but we are but a blip on the heart of the world, the darkness will never die. Raging battle take place within the master of the universe, while the children in the park play innocently and grandparents wish they were young again. What is the world but a giant canvass for your heart to give in to the darkness... NAY A WOO TEY HOOOOPLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Then, a random black demon comes out of the floor and Donald and Goofy start fighting it. A small child in the car who just got his first pair of mickey ears starts crying in fear.

Yeah... not gonna happen.

<ahem>

HOOPLA!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. It's like an involuntary response.

WhatJaneSays

Even thought I doubt the "plans" will ever be more than just that ... being the Big Ol' Kingdom Hearts fan I am I'll keep hope.

I've never understood why there is basically no Kingdom Hearts products at all at WDW. I cannot tell you how much I would pay for a Mage Donald Big Fig (I can tell you it's a lot more than the $200-$300 I've spent on my four other Big Figs). I'd squee in fangirlish delight for some decent tshirts, jerseys or jackets. Heck, I'd settle for a 10-14 inch Mage Donald plush; my little Heartless plush would have a fiend then. I know I'm not alone, I once ran into a group of people (about 8 or so) pretty frantically looking around the Japan pavilion shops in search of the slightest hint of anything Kingdom Hearts related and failed miserably.

I guaranty that WDW would get a few more hundred dollars (at least) out of me if they could produce some good Kingdom Hearts items.

... HOOPLA!

Cmdr_Crimson

Now Disney has been doing a lousy job in the past to promote the game inside the parks. All they ever done is a small promotional thing during their 'Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween' event where they demo'd the Chain of memories game before it's release with a special 'meet-and-greet' with Sora (the main character) Donald and Goofy in their special KH outfits.

And I got the Pics to prove it:D...
Sora & Donald
sora1.jpg
Goofy
sora3.jpg

But, The chances are really really slim...If they do release the Upcoming releases of the 3 new games
Kingdom Hears Birth By Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (Nintendo DS)
Kingdom Hearts Coded (Mobile Phone)
There's a possibility the characters would return...But nothing else sadly.

I'm also decorating my window at Pop with A WDW Kingdom Hearts theme this year.

jiminy.cricket

To echo everyone else, as big a fan as I am of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and as much as I would want to experience some kind of KH-themed attraction, I don't see it being in the theme parks in a major way right now.

KeithVH

You know, we had this same discussion what, 6-9 months ago? Please remember that y'all (the fans) represent a miniscule amount of the people that play video games. And go check your game sales figures. Compared to a very long list of other games, KH, as a franchise, just isn't that big a deal. Don't really want to be negative but I'm thinking the suits who make the decisions have a lot more/better ideas that appeal to an extremely broad segment of the park-going public. It's not about hitting the niche market crowd (depth) but the breadth customer.

raiden

You know, we had this same discussion what, 6-9 months ago? Please remember that y'all (the fans) represent a miniscule amount of the people that play video games. And go check your game sales figures. Compared to a very long list of other games, KH, as a franchise, just isn't that big a deal. Don't really want to be negative but I'm thinking the suits who make the decisions have a lot more/better ideas that appeal to an extremely broad segment of the park-going public. It's not about hitting the niche market crowd (depth) but the breadth customer.

Very true. This is a capitalist society and with 3 new KH games around the corner, I am a bit surprised that Disney hasnt done anything to capitalize on KH. Well except a lonely corner in One Mans Dream :rolleyes:.

mcjaco

The only area within the Magic Kingdom (or any other park in Walt Disney World for that matter) to be receiving a more major theme overhaul will be Tomorrowland, and that will have a connection to another newly popular franchisable character/movie.

I'm sorry but I don't see Wall-E being a franchisable character. The movie did well, but I don't think he's going to have a big enough following where Imagineering could pull off an entire land about him.

This is complete conjecture.

LoveDoc143

You know 'Kingdom Hearts 2' was the #2 selling game the year it came out .. only behind Madden .. right ?

RandySavage

I'm sorry but I don't see Wall-E being a franchisable character. The movie did well, but I don't think he's going to have a big enough following where Imagineering could pull off an entire land about him.

This is complete conjecture.

Wall-E features a ruined Earth and spaceship full of fat, immobile people. How could all of Tomorrowland be re-themed to that tomorrow?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You know 'Kingdom Hearts 2' was the #2 selling game the year it came out .. only behind Madden .. right ?

While that's true and I'd LOVE to see a themed land around Disney/Square Enix characters, there are some franchises that are MUCH bigger and have never had any themed lands built around them....in fact the only vaguely video game related theme park attraction I can think of is the one Tomb Raider attraction at the Paramount parks and that was after 2 successful movies came out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom