Kim Possible looks to be in Soft Opening

mathew-westfall

Toy Story Midway Mania has been lacking in the merchandise area as well.

Just a few off the top of my head:wave:

Sorry for the thread drift here, but there was Toy Story Mania shirts at Cast Connection Monday. There was even a decent selection of sizes. Perhaps, they were not selling well? :shrug:

diddy_mouse

Hmm...I am becoming more intrigued about this every time I read something new. Let's see if I can get DH on board to play...:lol:

EpcotServo

What ages is this good for? My son will be 6 on our trip this Aug. and we'll be dragging a 3 year old along as well... will it be age appropriate? I should mention my 6 year old is a little genius (and nerd) and this sounds right up his alley! I'm really excited to try this one out...

Btw, loved your review of it EpcotServo!

Thanks!
:wave:

The Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island didn't have any for years when it would have sold. Now, the rare things that were sold are bought up like crazy on ebay.

Soarin' didn't have anything when it first opened.

There's actually very little Haunted Mansion specific stuff.

Good luck finding anything Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain related. Considering Space has that big store, that's amazing.

Toy Story Midway Mania has been lacking in the merchandise area as well.

Just a few off the top of my head:wave:

Now, American Idol Experience has way too much!

True, True. Plus the concept is so blended in to the park, I can't think of a location that would sell anything. I don't think we'll see any merchandise.

sillyspook13

I guess my problem is that I know nothing about Kim Possible. Im wondering if this is going to hurt my enjoyment of this attraction?

Nope! The attraction requires no advance knowledge of the show. It is, however, helpful (not required) to know a bit about the countries in World Showcase.:)

hpyhnt 1000

Just saw the UK version of the game on YouTube and I must say, it does look like fun. :) You don't need to know anything about Kim Possible, nor do you need to know much anout WS. Just think of a scavenger hunt via cell phone and you'll get a sense as to what it is. I think this will be a fairly successful addition to Epcot.

jt04

Just saw the UK version of the game on YouTube and I must say, it does look like fun. :) You don't need to know anything about Kim Possible, nor do you need to know much anout WS. Just think of a scavenger hunt via cell phone and you'll get a sense as to what it is. I think this will be a fairly successful addition to Epcot.

need.....link........fast :brick:

Disneyson 1

Wow! It's a bit talky, but I bet that it feels like less when you're actually walking around. Some of the effects are meh, but the finale is fantastic!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! Don't click on the links unless you really want to know how the WHOLE GAME works!

hpyhnt 1000

Wow! It's a bit talky, but I bet that it feels like less when you're actually walking around. Some of the effects are meh, but the finale is fantastic!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! Don't click on the links unless you really want to know how the WHOLE GAME works!

Oh, yea, should have mentioned that. I'll edit that in ASAP. :eek:

And yea, the intro especially is a bit wordy, but I think that once it gets going, the game moves along.

Also, the thing to remember is that this is just one version of the game. Other countries have their own unique experiences, which is really great. Be curious to see what the consensus becomes on which one country has the best KP game. :)

Disneyson 1

I'm kinda sad that the toy soldier just kinda disappeared, but perhaps he's one of the variables, possibly like the "Cup O' Tea" girl. Actually, I think that anyone who enjoys the World Showcase, scavenger hunts, special effects, exploration, or KP herself will love this!!! (Honestly!)

P.S. I know of a rumor...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I heard that in Mexico, the finale would be the explosion of the volcano!!!

END SPOILER!!!

jt04

Just a question, do you have to be under say 25 to appreciate this?

honest opinions wanted ...

Either that or have children under 25 to be able to enjoy the game with. You know, an attraction a family can enjoy together. Like most people do when they are at WDW.

jt04

I'm kinda sad that the toy soldier just kinda disappeared, but perhaps he's one of the variables, possibly like the "Cup O' Tea" girl. Actually, I think that anyone who enjoys the World Showcase, scavenger hunts, special effects, exploration, or KP herself will love this!!! (Honestly!)

P.S. I know of a rumor...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I heard that in Mexico, the finale would be the explosion of the volcano!!!

END SPOILER!!!

The cool thing about this concept is it can have numerous "paths" and "variables" so that it never plays the same twice! For all we know there are several different butterflies in that box providing different clues to lead you down different scenarios.

I LOVE THIS CONCEPT!

This needs to be at Animal Kingdom and other places.

hpyhnt 1000

Well, keep in mind that there are those among us that are 40+ that are still infatuated with a person dressed in a mouse or chipmunk costume. :rolleyes: :lookaroun

(Not saying this is strange or a bad thing! Just proving a point. And I'm not referring to anyone in particular!)

Its fairly obvious that this is designed to appeal to younger guests, particularly families. I think the whole idea is to make World Showcase a bit more exciting for kids and give them "something to do" while in that part of the park. At the same time, its meant to be enjoyed by everyone (i.e. - adults and children can have fun together). However, I think the thought and application that went into this could be appreciated by anyone. :wave:

Disneyson 1

I can just imagine that after you activate an "effect"( Being conscious of non-spoiler peoples, think pictograms), Dad sees something that catches his eye and decides to spend some moo-lah here before confirming the next mission...

sillyspook13

Nope! I did it with my fiance and his aunt and uncle and we all had a great time. In fact, after playing in Germany as a group, Marcus's uncle was the one who suggested that we play again!:D

Brett

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to try three of the countries during a testing phase this past December. The countries we tried were Mexico, China and England. Our vote for the best of the ones we tried is by far England. But it was our first so expectations were different.

Overall, the Team Possible experience is incredibly awesome and has real staying power for World Showcase. And for those of you wondering if you have to have kids to enjoy this... the answer's NO! I'm 27 and had a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom