Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Does Kali have a "not so wet" option similar to Splash Mountain? Im just thinking if its open in the evenings people might not want to get as wet once the sun goes down.

No. You really can't miss getting wet on this one, unfortunately.

Kali_River_Rapids_warning_sign.jpg

andysol

I've never heard of any Kali enhancements, but there should be. That ride could be amazing. So much potential there.

For Kali, the only way is up. It's lost so much.

Riding at night with full fire effects was awesome.

Oh what could have been. The original Tiger River Run

photo%2B(60).JPG

tigerriverrapids1.jpg

Tigers/Elephants/Monkeys and way longer. :(

I understand not doing Tigers, indian rhinos or certain animals because you'd be lower and in a boat so you wouldn't have a good vantage point- unlike a truck at KS. But Elephants in the distance, Monkeys, Birds, etc could have been pulled off. Oh well. Just another "what could have been" moment.

Last edited:

ABQ

No. You really can't miss getting wet on this one, unfortunately.

Kali_River_Rapids_warning_sign.jpg

Not sure, but perhaps @djkidkaz is asking if operationally, can the water be be limited so that when operating in the evening not every raft gets drenched. On a hot day, it's not so bad, but once the sun sets, takes a little more to get dry and not shiver.

ToTBellHop

Not sure, but perhaps @djkidkaz is asking if operationally, can the water be be limited so that when operating in the evening not every raft gets drenched. On a hot day, it's not so bad, but once the sun sets, takes a little more to get dry and not shiver.
I doubt it. The major soaking comes from the wave on the drop. That can't be lessened. They could theoretically turn the sprayers down, but that would only change the warning to, "You MAY get wet or you MAY get drenched." Every raft ride I've ever gone one has the potential to drench you.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I understand what he was asking now. I was just posting the picture to be silly. I don't think the ride is designed in a way that would allow people to avoid getting wet, even if the amount of water was reduced to its lowest possible functioning level. One way or the other, I have a feeling the least the seat of your pants is going to be wet.

There's a Kali ride option where they force you smoke PCP? I bet that sucker is amaaaaaaazing....

o_O

flyerjab

I'd love to see them expand Kali and fix the broken effects.

When Avatar opens, I'd like to see Everest fixed/upgraded, Dinosaur upgraded and Kali expanded.

I know that last year tikiman made the claim that the yeti was being repaired within this calendar year. Although I was hopeful, I did not believe that, and not because I thought that tikiman was an unreliable person. Rather, I always thought that it made logistical sense to repair it after the new Pandora expansion was online and running. Shutting down that ride for that long of a repair in my opinion would put a dent in this park's annual attendance. Doing it after a major expansion was opened to the public, especially one that has its own E-ticket attraction (as well as a boat ride and other immersive experiences), seemed to make the most sense to me.

I would be amazed if anything was done to improve the Kali attraction. That is something that I never even heard a bad rumor about in the past.

RSoxNo1

I know that last year tikiman made the claim that the yeti was being repaired within this calendar year. Although I was hopeful, I did not believe that, and not because I thought that tikiman was an unreliable person. Rather, I always thought that it made logistical sense to repair it after the new Pandora expansion was online and running. Shutting down that ride for that long of a repair in my opinion would put a dent in this park's annual attendance. Doing it after a major expansion was opened to the public, especially one that has its own E-ticket attraction (as well as a boat ride and other immersive experiences), seemed to make the most sense to me.

I would be amazed if anything was done to improve the Kali attraction. That is something that I never even heard a bad rumor about in the past.
We haven't heard a definitive answer as to how long it would take them to fix the Yeti. However, I'm guessing the refurb won't be the next day after Avatar opens. Crowds in the park will increase and they'll need the capacity away from Avatar if possible. I'm guessing that the land will have to be open for 6 months before things settle down a bit and they can take stuff offline. Kali typically closes in January/February each year and I doubt they'd want Everest and Kali refurbs to overlap.

Six month refurbs have a funny way of turning into 3 1/2 month refurbs so I'll assume three and a half months is the time frame. That tells me that August of 2017 is probably the earliest we would see Everest close for refurb.

DDLand

Simply put, lengthening the attraction doesn't necessarily increase capacity.
If you did it right, then it could.
Positives:
1)Increases desirability and justifies longer wait times
2) Increases length of ride sucking more people in
3)Creates additional boat space capacity
4) People who may have gone for multiple rerides are satisfied with one trip, removing this inefficiency lowers wait time
5) longer ride keeps guests outside other attractions.
Cons
1) Increase ride length shortening turnover
2) creates bottlenecks at start

They could make it work.

RSoxNo1

If you did it right, then it could.
Positives:
1)Increases desirability and justifies longer wait times
2) Increases length of ride sucking more people in
3)Creates additional boat space capacity
4) People who may have gone for multiple rerides are satisfied with one trip, removing this inefficiency lowers wait time
5) longer ride keeps guests outside other attractions.
Cons
1) Increase ride length shortening turnover
2) creates bottlenecks at start

They could make it work.
The bottleneck for this attraction has been the drop and load/unload. That would have to be addressed as part of any expansion.

jdmdisney99

Oh what could have been. The original Tiger River Run

photo%2B(60).JPG

tigerriverrapids1.jpg

Tigers/Elephants/Monkeys and way longer. :(

I understand not doing Tigers, indian rhinos or certain animals because you'd be lower and in a boat so you wouldn't have a good vantage point- unlike a truck at KS. But Elephants in the distance, Monkeys, Birds, etc could have been pulled off. Oh well. Just another "what could have been" moment.
No worries.

Tiger was something like this:

View attachment 91775
I cry every time.
tumblr_m46hsaFoL41qb9xkb.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom