Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

The Duck

As nice as the nighttime safari could be, I'd love to see the hyenas during the daytime as well.
In the daytime, they would probably be curled up in the corner sound asleep. My local zoo used to have striped hyenas and as cool as they were, they were terrible exhibit animals. If you were lucky, you would see a clump of fur in the back of their exhibit.

ToTBellHop

I'm sure they can run Lion King at night. They can just spread the times out more
Labor costs will go up with the park staying open later, regardless. But, so will profits, presumably. With more to do, folks may spend another day at WDW. Add the DHS updates, and attendance could really increase. They will have to add a couple more FotLK showings--probably at least a 5 pm and 6 pm (ish) show every night; 7 pm in the summer. I would assume DAK will end up w/ fluctuating hours like DHS, which Rivers of Light showing at about 6:30 in the winter and 9 pm in the summer.

Kman101

Lion King runs quite a few shows a day now it seems, just about every hour. I'm sure one or two could be extended to 7 or 8. I personally don't see AK being open later than 9PM knowing how "late" the other parks stay open. I'd be surprised if Lion King doesn't have a show or two later in the evening.

ToTBellHop

Lion King runs quite a few shows a day now it seems, just about every hour. I'm sure one or two could be extended to 7 or 8. I personally don't see AK being open later than 9PM knowing how "late" the other parks stay open. I'd be surprised if Lion King doesn't have a show or two later in the evening.
It'll be open as late as it needs to be. If crowds force them to show Rivers of Light twice some nights, they will. Like Fantasmic, it will have a limited capacity. There is no reason the park can't stay open until 11 pm. It has in the past. They actually used to have NYE fireworks.

RSoxNo1

I would expect DAK's hours to mirror DHS's when all is said and done. I'm guessing they'll add more shows of FotLK and FNtM as the hours expand, but they probably won't step on the Rivers of Light show.

Jwhee

I was on the ride recently and it was in very poor condition since the last time I rode it. Is it? Or was my mind playing trickery on me?

YodaMan

I was on the ride recently and it was in very poor condition since the last time I rode it. Is it? Or was my mind playing trickery on me?

Define "poor condition." There's a decent amount of prep work being done to get ready for Night Safaris if that's what you're referring to.

And if anyone has been recently, there is very obviously a large chunk under construction as part of work for a new exhibit.

RSoxNo1

Define "poor condition." There's a decent amount of prep work being done to get ready for Night Safaris if that's what you're referring to.

And if anyone has been recently, there is very obviously a large chunk under construction as part of work for a new exhibit.
Where is the new exhibit going?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom