Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

DisneyDreamer08

I haven't had a chance to read this thread, but exactly how will this affect the health and well-being of the animals?

I was wondering this also. I'm hoping they are able to get the day time animals backstage and swap them out with night time animals. Just to give the animals a break so they are not dealing with the noise of the Safari all day and night.

PhilharMagician

I am curious to see how they are going to make the lights look natural. You cannot just hide lights, they would need massive arrays made to look like the moon or the sun setting on the horizon. Then to produce that many lumens and not be blinding guests and animals will be interesting.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes. I think people are getting a little too "tree-huggy" here. Its not like Disney is throwing strobes and music speakers all throughout the ride. People need to think before they speak; if there was any threat to the animal's I don't think they'd go through with it.
Right. The people that work with these animals (i.e. the keepers) aren't animal abusers. They're the biggest animal lovers there are. They wouldn't tolerate anything they thought jeopardized the animals' welfare.

durangojim

Disney released more images to show what the experience will be like in order to calm environmentalists.
hqdefault.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Will they have fasspasses for this or will it be stand by line only? When do you think they will update the hours for AK?
I would imagine it will be FP+. No word yet on when the new hours will be released, although May 20 seems to have some significance for more details.

olie64

I would imagine it will be FP+. No word yet on when the new hours will be released, although May 20 seems to have some significance for more details.

Thanks, we check in on June 9th so I was just wondering cause this will change one of our fastpasses

djkidkaz

@wdwmagic in wondering if you got to ride this yesterday and your thoughts on if it differs enough to warrant a day ride and a night ride? Do you think folks will want to ride safari twice a day now?

I'm also wondering if the animals will be more or less active at night?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic in wondering if you got to ride this yesterday and your thoughts on if it differs enough to warrant a day ride and a night ride? Do you think folks will want to ride safari twice a day now?

I'm also wondering if the animals will be more or less active at night?
I have not ridden the new version, but did ride the original version back in 2000. I thought then it was a great addition, and certainly warranted both a day and night viewing. This new version is more elaborate, so I'm sure it will be a big hit with guests. The animal activity varies as always, with certain types being more active than others. The new additions will help with that.

majortom1981

I am curious to see how they are going to make the lights look natural. You cannot just hide lights, they would need massive arrays made to look like the moon or the sun setting on the horizon. Then to produce that many lumens and not be blinding guests and animals will be interesting.

They do it just fine at akl without hurting the animals.

mitchk

I'll have to wait for either a better video, or ride it myself in a few months before I can say weather I like it or not. Does anyone know if the Safari guides will still commentate

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It would be nice if WDW would update the park hours for AK. Currently, it says that the park closes at 5:00pm for most of the summer.

PhilharMagician

They do it just fine at akl without hurting the animals.

I am talking more about theming to the sunset safari an simulating the sun setting over the horizon and not just putting lights out on the safari to light the animals. AKL is light on the building lighting some areas.

Maybe there will not be any theming to the lights. IDK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom