Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - night safari

MagicHappens1971

According to the site that shall not be named on Twitter. At the Zootopia preview event tonight the sunset safari sunset is achieved by giant LED screen creating a fake sunset.
I'm a little confused, why would they need a fake sunset? I'm also with the other poster that I'm a little confused as to how that would work

Jon81uk

I'm a little confused, why would they need a fake sunset? I'm also with the other poster that I'm a little confused as to how that would work
You can't see the animals if its completely dark. And Joe Rhode things sunset is more romantic and nicer to look at than just floodlights.
Think about the Jungle Cruise at night, where it's just bright white lights on the animatronics. A sunset would feel more natural.

Jae99

This just popped up in my facebook feed. Some pictures posted on the blogmickey.com website showing some of the LED screens that have been installed in KS.

SunsetSafari_wide.jpg

SunsetSafari_Close.jpg

cjkeating

View attachment 131681 This is from two weeks ago. I'm not certain this is the night safari lights but after searching AK at night images I didn't see anything similar. It was cold and raining that night and being that we had only come to ride Everest in the dark we never made it past here to investigate further.

Wow. That is impressive. I wonder what it looks like from the ride!

Atomicmickey

I'll bet it's gonna be cool.

If people are worried about a fake sunset, um, they do realize that there isn't
an actual African Savannah in Florida, right? No Baobob trees?
Dirty secret: They brought the Giraffes in from elsewhere and they are tended
to by Veterinarians. They aren't actually roaming wild on the Savannah.

I know, I'm ruining the Magic™.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'll bet it's gonna be cool.

If people are worried about a fake sunset, um, they do realize that there isn't
an actual African Savannah in Florida, right? No Baobob trees?
Dirty secret: They brought the Giraffes in from elsewhere and they are tended
to by Veterinarians. They aren't actually roaming wild on the Savannah.

I know, I'm ruining the Magic™.

Sure, and the next thing you will tell me is Santa isn't real either.

No Name

How long does Animal Kingdom plan on staying open in the summer? People have said 9:00, but in late June/ early July that could mean only a bit more than half an hour where it's dark enough for the night safari to run and for Avatar Land to illuminate at night. With a 9:00 closing I feel like the nighttime experiences won't be able to be enjoyed for a solid amount of time. Maybe they could close past 9 but I don't know if that's operationally possible.

If I'm missing something or getting something wrong, please tell me. By the way, despite hours being cut elsewhere, AK hours are soon going to be extended which is a positive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom