Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew81

I'm glad they stuck to their guns and enforced the rules. I wish Disney Mngt wouldn't look the other way when other guests should be removed...like ones who physically assault the characters.

figment1988

Do you believe those IDIOTS are considering a lawsuit????:hammer:

all because of a fight? i hope that lawsuit gets rejected faster than rosie o'donnell on the apprentice (if she was to appear on the apprentice). the parents themselves should be ashamed along with everyone involved. i hope they get banned from the parks as well

KeeKee

These parents should be ashamed of themselves; not only for the way they raised and supervised their children, but for their own poor behavior when they were asked to leave. If they knew and understood the rules, they have absolutely no right to complain for not keeping their kids under control.

There is one thing for certain, there is much more to this story than has been reported. WDW wouldn't take such drastic action unless their was ample reason to do so. They certainly don't go courting negative publicity.

WDWForever07

I think Disney was in the right for immediately ejecting them off property. As a couple of members have stated in prior replies to this topic, if exceptions are made for one person, the snowball effect will occur, and I am very sure Disney does want to prevent the incident from happening again. Do I see a ban on Pop Warner from coming to WDW? No. What I do see is Disney sending Pop Warner a very strong statement advising that they do have the right to resorting to an immediate removal off property if violent acts occur in the hotels and/or theme parks.

Brian Noble

From folks I know personally who have been at the same resorts as some of the Pop Warner teams, I'm all for it.

Perhaps this will straighten the rest of them out, too.

Tom Morrow

I had to deal with these brats the other night when Pop Warner bought out the Studios. Let me just say that it was probably the worst day of work I've ever had. Not ONE SINGLE GROUP behaved themselves. Every single one was screaming, yelling, pushing, shoving, arguing with us, not listening, and creating potential safety hazzards, meanwhile every single parent chaperone just stood by and laughed at our frustration, instead of, you know, actually attempting to control their kids, which is the whole reason they had to stay with them in the first place.

So, needless to say, I'm sure Disney made the right choice here.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I was a member of the Wisconsin Marching Band, and in my time, went on 20+ trips that required a hotel stay.

Let me make one thing VERY clear. When you are down there with a team, or in support of a team, you are there to WORK. You not only represent yourself, but your team, your school, and often times, larger bodies - such as your state (notice how the states were named in the article.)

If you do something stupid like fight, you and your whole team deserves to go, as your team has lost focus and discipline, and therefore should not be a representative group. Doing something like this is very selfish, and shows no caring for anybody but themselves. Those that run these teams should have instilled that sense upon them, so I do not feel sorry for the adults that had to wake up kids in the middle of the night - only those young kids do I have any pity for. If the people have nobody to answer to, (at times I've seen parents encourage rowdy/rude behavior, using the excuse of "team spirit" to further their arguments - but that's another discussion entirely), then they will not feel a sense of responsibility to their group.

When we traveled it was made very clear that we were there to support the team, first and foremost. If we did something stupid, it would not only make us look bad, it would make our team, our university, and our state look bad. You are under a microscope when you go on these trips, and you have to have that sense of responsibility. If you don't - stupid stuff like this happens.

I'll bet they don't make the same mistake again.

JimboJones123

One thing we do have to realize here is that we are reacting to the "article" here and not the actual event. I've worked in journalism. All it takes is one or two quick soundbites to completely alter the story here. Sure a few parents may have said on the fly that they are upset at Disney for the handling of the situation.

Did the "article" go further in asking the parents how they felt about the kids actions?
No.
Did the "article" also poll the parents (sounds like maybe 100+ families)?
No.
We get the reaction that would make a better "story". That's all we know, a few parents felt they were treated unfairly.
Should they feel wrong for that. Not really. They may have said it after being probed and prodded by a producer or reporter. Sounds like a case of a good interviewer that knew what "story" they wanted to tell long before getting to the scene and getting ANY facts. Yeah, it happens. On most stories even. You get a snippit of the truth, and a mash of opinions tossed together that aren't the actual story at all or even taken out of context.

Take a step back to wonder what the actual "situation" may have been before we flame all parents of all 100 or so families involved. It is a very harsh punishment. I can't say myself if it is right or wrong. As somebody said earlier though, if the result is that this doesn't take place next year, they have accomplished that goal.

Nemo14

At my husband's school, there are signs in every room stating "Actions have consequences". This seems to be a prime example of that!

Completely disagree with the way this matter was handled. In particular, I disagree with the notion that each and every family was forced to leave in the middle of the night due to the actions of a small number of people.

Parents often do not have the luxury to choose the sports teams their children play for. Similarly, parents have very little say in which children (and thus the familiees from which they come) participate on the same teams as their own children, let alone which children participate throughout the entire league. To hold the families of policy-abiding children accountable with such harsh consequences is severe and unwarranted.

I understand that the rules say what they say, and I am in agreement that, as guests under the program, all families are subject to the policies. Still, that does not mean that each and every family should have been ejected in the middle of the night for the actions of others for which they have no control.

The results of this incidentare sad, and seem laced, at the very least, with classism.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The policy says the whole team, so the whole team goes.

You act as though they have to even play on any team or participate in a sport. They dont. They choose to.

lcsrig

Way to go, Disney!! You got this one right! Those parents need to stop blaming others and starting blaming themselves!!

EpScott

all because of a fight? i hope that lawsuit gets rejected faster than rosie o'donnell on the apprentice (if she was to appear on the apprentice). the parents themselves should be ashamed along with everyone involved. i hope they get banned from the parks as well

Rosie-----YOU'RE FIRED!!!! (Omarosa----you're next to go!!!!)One thing that is not stated (unless I missed it, which is possible) is how much time elapsed between the fight and the decision to evict. If the fight HAPPENED in the middle of the night, then why shouldn't they evict them right then and there??? Not that it ultimately matters, but if that was the case, then Labryanna REALLY has no leg to stand on here!!!! (By the way, that was the first and last time I will ever type the name "Labryanna" in my life.)

drew81

Pop Warner does not really have a good reputation....to the point that regular guests at Disney make it a point to stay at other resorts when they are in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom