Kevin Yee's Latest "Universal Tries, Disney Lies"

Atomicmickey

Interesting, though--at the end.

I've been thinking that the only competition that truly could
eclipse Harry Potter in the pop culture zeitgeist would be
a "Star Wars Land', if not a whole park.

I think that's about the only thing that would make Harry Potter's wand go limp.

Tigger1988

The tag line for the party was "Be the first to be the last..."

Nowhere did it say, "be the last people ever to ride!".

Kamikaze

I know he posts here occasionally, so I wonder if he will comment why this 'lie' is any worse than when they have a 'year' run for 18 months.

Would he rather them have it the night before it closes and therefore don't have any of the celebs from CV there?

jakeman

Didn't we already know this? :shrug:

I did like the part where he tried to make it seem that this was part of the answer to Potter. That little diatribe is getting really old.

It was labeled as such because it corresponded to Celebration V and for a vast majority of those Star Wars fans that attended, this was their last tour.

Oh and this:
The boy wizard and his phenomenal sales have clearly made TDO envious. The sales of Star Wars toys could approximate that success perhaps, but even here there are limits. We saw limited edition Starspeeders ($25, limited to 10,000 units) for sale on the last day of Celebration-V, so apparently they couldn’t sell those out to 25,000 visitors. I have a pet theory as to why: Star Wars fans have a lot of product to choose from, and have been doing it for years. With Potter, there hasn’t been a ton of merchandise before. Star Wars is an aging franchise. One with teeth and legs still, certainly, but aging nonetheless.
Sounds a lot like this:
My assertion is based on current supply and demand. There is a demand for Harry Potter merchandise in the theme parks due to the lack of availablity outside of said park. I believe that the demand more than likely exceeds that of Star Wars in the park, because of the lack of unique Star Wars merchandise.
At least we agree on one thing! :lol:

Tigger1988

I wonder if he also objects to the fact we never actually make it TO Endor, I mean, Last Tour to Endor...and we don't even get there?? LIES DISNEY, LIES!!!

:ROFLOL:

ChrisM

That "Star Wars Dream Park" art was pretty awesome.

It completely baffles me why Disney and Lucas have not collaborated on either a large LucasLand or an entire theme park. The amount of money to be made on such an effort would be astonishing. Sadly, I think that ship has sailed.

5195026.0.jpg

WDWmazprty

That "Star Wars Dream Park" art was pretty awesome.

It completely baffles me why Disney and Lucas have not collaborated on either a large LucasLand or an entire theme park. The amount of money to be made on such an effort would be astonishing. Sadly, I think that ship has sailed.

5195026.0.jpg

This would crush and put an end to Potterland and Universal as we know it! Search your feelings, you know this to be true. :lookaroun:D

wdwfan22

Last Tour To Endor was a Disney event for Celebration. Disney never stated it was an event for the final ride. His articles kill me. I will say this for him he is a perfect columnist for Miceage one of the most negative Disney sites on the web.

duff527

I think a "Lucasland" or larger themed area would be a good idea. I think an entire park would get stale though. I think the population of people that would a) not be interested, or b) see it once with no desire to return would make it a poor investment. I like Star Wars and I'd love to experience something like this, but I think it would lose its luster quickly.

KevinYee

I know he posts here occasionally, so I wonder if he will comment why this 'lie' is any worse than when they have a 'year' run for 18 months.

I view those as roughly equivalent, actually - see below on the "lie"

I wonder if he also objects to the fact we never actually make it TO Endor, I mean, Last Tour to Endor...and we don't even get there?? LIES DISNEY, LIES!!!

I do not, of course, object to never making it to the charming tribal village. The article was titled "Universal's Virtual Queue" when I submitted it; the editing process must have resulted in the headline. I made an effort to explain in the article that I viewed the event as worth the money so long as it was just this once.

Last Tour To Endor was a Disney event for Celebration. Disney never stated it was an event for the final ride. His articles kill me. I will say this for him he is a perfect columnist for Miceage one of the most negative Disney sites on the web.

I'm not sure how to react to this. I'm always open to improvement and do appreciate your suggestions.

jakeman

I do not, of course, object to never making it to the charming tribal village. The article was titled "Universal's Virtual Queue" when I submitted it; the editing process must have resulted in the headline. I made an effort to explain in the article that I viewed the event as worth the money so long as it was just this once.
Forgive me, I am somewhat ignorant to the editing process.

You had no control over how your article was titled?

EpcotServo

I for one am glad that the REAL last tour will be for regular guests. I don't approve of how Disney separated the spectacle and special events to a different weekend just to grab Celebration cash, but I can still hope that they will make the real last tour special.

And while it was publicly known that this wouldn't be the last tour to Endor, it's fair to call it misleading when the name of the event was "Last tour to Endor"
:lol:

Anyways, I will never count that event as even an emotional sendoff. The real last tour, if Disney (I hope) holds true, will be on September 7th and I will be there.

_Scar

Whoever made the title of the article is a trollin'

trollface.jpg

(internation sign of the troll)

Edit- "People think I hate Disney World. Nothing could be further from the truth. What I do hate are the people running the place. Kevin's article today details a perfect example. And don't blame him for the headline -- that was my idea." - Al Lutz

Al is a trollllin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom