Kevin Yee's Latest "Universal Tries, Disney Lies"

thelookingglass

Anyone buying the hard ticket event price without looking and seeing it wasn't the actual last ride but more of a Star Wars fan gathering deserves to be duped.
Did Disney actually say this was not the last night of operation?

No, they did it through little technicalities, like "be the first to be the last!" instead of just outright saying it. They had to mislead people to actually get them to show up at this event.

So I disagree. The average Star Wars fan here for Celebration V probably doesn't follow Disney religiously like we do.

jt04

Problem is it would probably crush DHS too...

I think a "Lucasland" or larger themed area would be a good idea. I think an entire park would get stale though. I think the population of people that would a) not be interested, or b) see it once with no desire to return would make it a poor investment. I like Star Wars and I'd love to experience something like this, but I think it would lose its luster quickly.

I have a way and it would be awesome :D

Sorry for the thread drift but really, is there a story here? And nobody will ever convince me miceage is not envious of the overwhelming superiority of WDW. It doesn't matter who was or is in charge the envy will still be there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can just see the press release now....

After all of the controversy caused by Walt Disney World's Star Wars themed special event "The Last Tour to Endor" not actually being the final day of the Star Tours attraction operation Disney has changed the name of some of their after hours special events.

Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party will now be called "Mickey's come to Magic Kingdom in a costume and get free candy party" and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be retitled "Mickey's eating cookies and drinking hot chocolate in the fake snow party" Due to the fact that the majority of these events do not actually occur on the actual holidays they are meant to represent the Walt Disney Company decided to rework the titles to avoid any confusion.

Tigger1988

Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party will now be called "Mickey's come to Magic Kingdom in a costume and get free candy party" and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be retitled "Mickey's eating cookies and drinking hot chocolate in the fake snow party" Due to the fact that the majority of these events do not actually occur on the actual holidays they are meant to represent the Walt Disney Company decided to rework the titles to avoid any confusion.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party could also be renamed "Mickey's Non Denominational Holiday Themed Party".

KevinYee

Forgive me, I am somewhat ignorant to the editing process.

You had no control over how your article was titled?

Correct. I have no server access whatsoever. I send an email with a .doc attachment (well, a zip file - jpgs are in there too).

FERRARA12

Hi. I'm new here. I've been reading Al Lutz and Kevin Lee for many years. First, Kevin Lee is a bit of a clown. He likes to wax on with his opinions which he takes very seriously. His insights, even when marginally interesting, are overwhelmed by his self importance. I find him maddening to read. That said, Al Lutz, while equally arrogant, has something to back it up with. He has broken many stories at Disneyland and is a very influential voice on the subject in Southern California. That said, he is very critical of WDW usually by way of comparison to Disneyland. Sometimes he's right, often he's petty and wrong. One thing about Al, he gets A LOT of inside info.

Monsterfan99

The tag line for the party was "Be the first to be the last..."

Nowhere did it say, "be the last people ever to ride!".
One problem I had was the employees at DHS WERE telling people that it was last day and event people were the last ever. In the same breath they were trying to sell tickets.

jakeman

Correct. I have no server access whatsoever. I send an email with a .doc attachment (well, a zip file - jpgs are in there too).
Thanks for the response Kevin.

I appreciate you taking the time to review the event, even if we have a difference in opinion regarding the quality (I'm sure that will keep you up at night! :p). I also appreciate you responding to my question.

It was an unfortunate and sensational title. Al Lutz's justification of it only made it that much worse.

_Scar

I remember Al Lutz reported that a news anchor who rode Space Mountain: Halloween Version was pregnant and shouldn't have rode it or something like that.

Anyone else remember that earlier this year?

Buried20KLeague

Hi. I'm new here. I've been reading Al Lutz and Kevin Lee for many years. First, Kevin Lee is a bit of a clown. He likes to wax on with his opinions which he takes very seriously. His insights, even when marginally interesting, are overwhelmed by his self importance. I find him maddening to read. That said, Al Lutz, while equally arrogant, has something to back it up with. He has broken many stories at Disneyland and is a very influential voice on the subject in Southern California. That said, he is very critical of WDW usually by way of comparison to Disneyland. Sometimes he's right, often he's petty and wrong. One thing about Al, he gets A LOT of inside info.

But not long enough to know his name isn't Kevin Lee, apparently. :shrug:

All writers think highly of their opinion... Who in the world wouldn't?? Why would they write?? Even people that write on message boards (like all of us, you included) think our opinion matters.

I COMPLETELY don't understand your rationale. I can show you MANY instances where Kevin praises what should be praised, and is critical of what he should be critical about.

Might it be that his opinion differs from yours, and therefore you "find him maddening to read"? :rolleyes:

EDIT TO ADD: I don't mean to come across so hard on you when you just joined, but when your first post is calling someone a "clown" and completely bashing with what I believe is little in support of those ideas (he worked at Disney for MANY years... Have you?) I couldn't help it.

_Scar

But not long enough to know his name isn't Kevin Lee, apparently. :shrug:

All writers think highly of their opinion... Who in the world wouldn't?? Why would they write?? Even people that write on message boards (like all of us, you included) think our opinion matters.

I COMPLETELY don't understand your rationale. I can show you MANY instances where Kevin praises what should be praised, and is critical of what he should be critical about.

Might it be that his opinion differs from yours, and therefore you "find him maddening to read"? :rolleyes:

EDIT TO ADD: I don't mean to come across so hard on you when you just joined, but when your first post is calling someone a "clown" and completely bashing with what I believe is little in support of those ideas (he worked at Disney for MANY years... Have you?) I couldn't help it.

One letter off, he doesn't know em? :rolleyes:

Some would argue that great reporting of the news meant reporting it without interjecting any personal opinion. This day in age that doesn't exist, but it should. Maybe then people would actually be able to decide for themselves rather than being spoonfed what to think.

This is basically saying you agree with what he posts. That's great for you. That doesn't make someone's opinions wrong though.

His opinion is similar to yours so you like him, simple.

Working for Disney for many years doesn't mean you're an expert at anything Disney. Ask bus drivers. :ROFLOL:

Buried20KLeague

One letter off, he doesn't know em? :rolleyes:

Some would argue that great reporting of the news meant reporting it without interjecting any personal opinion. This day in age that doesn't exist, but it should. Maybe then people would actually be able to decide for themselves rather than being spoonfed what to think.

This is basically saying you agree with what he posts. That's great for you. That doesn't make someone's opinions wrong though.

His opinion is similar to yours so you like him, simple.

Working for Disney for many years doesn't mean you're an expert at anything Disney. Ask bus drivers. :ROFLOL:

I think he clearly states when something is his opinion, and doesn't try to hide that fact.

Do I agree with what he posts? Usually. But regardless, even if I didn't agree with him I wouldn't call him a clown. I never agree with JT, but you've never seen me call him a clown, and whatever else... Because just like you said, opinion is just that.

Working for Disney for many years doesn't make one an expert, but it means you have an insight into the company that 90% of the people here don't have, and it also means you can see things from a perspective that the majority of others can't see it from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom