Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

ToTBellHop

Right now that would solve a lot of issues.

But The Mara is closer to Kidani than the QS at OKW or SSR is to many of the buildings at those resorts.
My opinion would probably be different if they had managed to create a walkway between the two buildings that went past some animals instead of a parking lot where you get to smell car exhaust. Not very deluxe. Each time I have been to AKL, I’ve felt they could have done more to let you see animals all around.

Club Cooloholic

My opinion would probably be different if they had managed to create a walkway between the two buildings that went past some animals instead of a parking lot where you get to smell car exhaust. Not very deluxe. Each time I have been to AKL, I’ve felt they could have done more to let you see animals all around.
Some sort of connector between the resorts buildings would be awesome and solve that. But then again, maybe they don't really WANT people going between the properties all that much.

nickys

Premium Member
Some sort of connector between the resorts buildings would be awesome and solve that. But then again, maybe they don't really WANT people going between the properties all that much.
It’s one resort, it’s just one is the DVC portion just like at GF or BC.

I think it’s more that they didn’t want a ton of people right up against the fences of the savannah. The animals’ welfare comes first. The alternative would have been to put a bigger distance between the resort rooms and the edge of the savannah area, which would lessen the views from the rooms.

Club Cooloholic

It’s one resort, it’s just one is the DVC portion just like at GF or BC.

I think it’s more that they didn’t want a ton of people right up against the fences of the savannah. The animals’ welfare comes first. The alternative would have been to put a bigger distance between the resort rooms and the edge of the savannah area, which would lessen the views from the rooms.
Having stayed at both, as a resort guest and dvc owner, I am aware of the layout. What meant is physical buildings of Kidani and Jambo are super close at their ends, but the walkway takes you out along the road, it's some sort of service area in-between. It would have been cool if they could have connected the two buildings in some way.

DCBaker

Premium Member
IMG_0134.jpg

UNCgolf

The clown was terrible, but this seems pretty bad too. 😐

The Boardwalk continues its reign as worst deluxe resort.

Worst? Really?

I think it's among the best deluxes overall. It's in the best location and I think it's slightly nicer than Beach/Yacht Club. I do not care about the pools whatsoever, though -- Beach/Yacht would probably jump ahead if that was a factor for me since Stormalong Bay is so great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom