Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

ToTBellHop

I sought to clarify that Fantastic Four rumor in this thread, Professor!
I do not accept revisions. The first draft is the only draft I read. This is the WDW Resort Hotels board, which is offered at the 300-level. News and Rumo(u)rs is for Disney 101 students who need to continually refine rumo(u)rs heard from “undisclosed middle management sources.”

SpaceMountain77

I do not accept revisions. The first draft is the only draft I read. This is the WDW Resort Hotels board, which is offered at the 300-level. News and Rumo(u)rs is for Disney 101 students who need to continually refine rumo(u)rs heard from “undisclosed middle management sources.”
Respectfully, Reviewer #3, my first submission, which can be found on page four, was accurate and confirmed. You are confusing my submission with another author ( @Club Cooloholic ). I will be contacting the action editor of this low-impact journal, which clearly will not be advancing my tenure review portfolio.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
From today:
20201208_003525.jpg

ToTBellHop

Looks the same as when I was there 2 weeks ago(I noticed no work being done at the time). I am guessing they are waiting on pieces, but it stinks for guests, especially since they aren't allowing them to go over to use a pool with a slide at Beach Club.
Then they just aren’t persistent enough. I’d be going down the damn slide.

doctornick

The skyliner should help with it to a degree.
Ehh, not really. I don't think that many people think about taking it to the Boardwalk, nor is it really marketed for that.

But it should be marketed that way. This is a great opportunity to actually build up the Boardwalk area as a night time option for resort guests (or people leaving Epcot). With the Skyliner and the Swan/Dolphin expansion, there is a wide number of guests that are easily accessible to the area - and along all levels of accommodations too (value, moderate, deluxe/DVC). It would be a great way to have perceived value added to the resorts in the vicinity and even generate revenue at the venues in the Boardwalk.

No reason they couldn't advertise the Boardwalk area on the Skyliner spiel to increase awareness.

doctornick

I still say Mr Fantastic would be awesome as a slide. Maybe Reflections site can become the Marvel Motel by the lake lol.

Regarding Marvel at the hotels, the Boardwalk seems like a poor option for such things, but I do think there would be a place for Marvel characters/theming at some WDW resort. (As I mentioned before, a Mr. Fantastic slide actually sounds like a cool idea.) I do not think the contract with Uni would prohibit it since a resort would not be within a theme park - just like the MK monorail can have a Marvel wrap since it does not enter a theme part unlike the Epcot line.

Reflections doesn't seem like the right place though. A new constructions could always be an option someday, but Id put my 2 cents in for re-theming an existing resort - Pop Century. Since it never had the other half build as a compliment, it always seemed a bit odd to have only part of a "century" there. I think a Marvel hotel would compliment Art of Animation and you wouldn't need to drastically change Pop Century to fit. You could even market that the Skyliner connects the resort to the Marvel ride being build at Epcot in Cosmic Rewind.

Anyway, just an off hand thought I had in reading this thread. Sorry to drag it more off topic....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But it should be marketed that way. This is a great opportunity to actually build up the Boardwalk area as a night time option for resort guests (or people leaving Epcot). With the Skyliner and the Swan/Dolphin expansion, there is a wide number of guests that are easily accessible to the area - and along all levels of accommodations too (value, moderate, deluxe/DVC). It would be a great way to have perceived value added to the resorts in the vicinity and even generate revenue at the venues in the Boardwalk.

No reason they couldn't advertise the Boardwalk area on the Skyliner spiel to increase awareness.
The boardwalk at BoardWalk is no special destination. The pool and pool area is for guests.

The boardwalk is just a deluxe resort's usual amenities (shopping, restaurants, entertainment) set outside. Anything that Disney might have had in mind in making it a destination unto itself -- any more than the deluxe restaurants of any other resort -- is gone.

It's nice, but it's not set up to handle thousands of guests. And it pales in comparison to an actual seaside boardwalk.

Just look how it closes shortly after the parks do. They don't want it to be an after-hours hotspot because the guests will complain of the noise.

Club Cooloholic

The boardwalk at BoardWalk is no special destination. The pool and pool area is for guests.

The boardwalk is just a deluxe resort's usual amenities (shopping, restaurants, entertainment) set outside. Anything that Disney might have had in mind in making it a destination unto itself -- any more than the deluxe restaurants of any other resort -- is gone.

It's nice, but it's not set up to handle thousands of guests. And it pales in comparison to an actual seaside boardwalk.

Just look how it closes shortly after the parks do. They don't want it to be an after-hours hotspot because the guests will complain of the noise.
I would not agree that it is just the usual amenities found at deluxe, but outside. First the hotel is actually missing a quick service inside or out. Second, while they may not be operating now, the Boardwalk remains one of the few places to dance and drink at in WDW. Springs offers plenty of eats and drinks but if you want to listen to live music or go to club, however weak it is, you gotta go to the BW.

nickys

Premium Member
I would not agree that it is just the usual amenities found at deluxe, but outside. First the hotel is actually missing a quick service inside or out. Second, while they may not be operating now, the Boardwalk remains one of the few places to dance and drink at in WDW. Springs offers plenty of eats and drinks but if you want to listen to live music or go to club, however weak it is, you gotta go to the BW.
There’s no live music there now. Previously there was at Jelly Rolls, now shuttered (and the pianists laid off). But there was also live music at POFQ and POR. Not sure when Atlantic Dance Hall was last open to the public, I thought it was private events only in recent years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was live music at GF, too, until they got laid off. The Swolphin has plenty of club-like atmospheric bars, including karaoke.

Atlantic Dance Hall was once envisioned to be a hopping night spot, but was so sparsely attended, that they only on special occasions open up for actual dancing to the general public.

First the hotel is actually missing a quick service inside or out.

Things change, but the boardwalk has had a pizza window, hot dog stand, bakery, and ice cream shop.

Fast casual is at ESPN and can be take out.

ToTBellHop

There was live music at GF, too, until they got laid off. The Swolphin has plenty of club-like atmospheric bars, including karaoke.

Atlantic Dance Hall was once envisioned to be a hopping night spot, but was so sparsely attended, that they only on special occasions open up for actual dancing to the general public.

Things change, but the boardwalk has had a pizza window, hot dog stand, bakery, and ice cream shop.

Fast casual is at ESPN and can be take out.
There’s food by the pool, too, and we routinely stroll over to Y&BC. Or Epcot. It’s easy to get fat at BW.

Know where I went hungry? Kidani. The magical walk past a parking lot to go to the Mara didn’t cut it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom