Just the Facts

RSoxNo1

That is interesting. The only reason to create concept art is for a press release to the public, otherwise they would just stick to construction drawings.

Since "February"... Wow. This means our big information is seven months old! I would say for as nutso as we are for information they kept pretty good wraps on it for quite a while.

Concept art is also used as a presentation tool for companies working on the projects or to gain corporate sponsors.

New ideas just don't manifest overnight then suddenly they are being worked on. Some of these changes were actually been conceived a long time ago but were pushed forward.

Anyone know when Tom Staggs made his modifications to his plans?

From what I have heard, discontent from Staggs came almost immediately, and plans for the Mine Car, and overall changes to Rasulo's original announced plans were already being discussed prior to the February date being thrown around here.

tirian

From what I have heard, discontent from Staggs came almost immediately, and plans for the Mine Car, and overall changes to Rasulo's original announced plans were already being discussed prior to the February date being thrown around here.

Correct; and part of the plans were already being modified by the time they hit D23 (Pixie Hollow). Rasulo was perfectly happy with his M&Gs, but Staggs wisely started calling for changes.

The M&G replacement ride was hush-hush for months, with some employees claiming it was a "leak" intended to locate online snitches. The changes were solidly confirmed about the time they hit WDW Magic, and even now, this is probably the most well-secured Disney project in Florida. :lol:

As several of you have already said, several attraction ideas were already proposed for FL before FLE. WDI only had to dust off the best idea for the budget and make some changes.

SeaCastle

Correct; and part of the plans were already being modified by the time they hit D23 (Pixie Hollow). Rasulo was perfectly happy with his M&Gs, but Staggs wisely started calling for changes.

The M&G replacement ride was hush-hush for months, with some employees claiming it was a "leak" intended to locate online snitches. The changes were solidly confirmed about the time they hit WDW Magic, and even now, this is probably the most well-secured Disney project in Florida. :lol:

As several of you have already said, several attraction ideas were already proposed for FL before FLE. WDI only had to dust off the best idea for the budget and make some changes.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing! Does this mean that the replacement ride will be scaled down from its original incarnation? Are they considering an attraction for the former PH area, or just a merch store?

RSoxNo1

Staggs is speaking at an event on September 24th in New York. Odds are there will be more details about this revealed at that event.

djkidkaz

Staggs is speaking at an event on September 24th in New York. Odds are there will be more details about this revealed at that event.

Why do you think that? Do you have some information or are you just speculating?

Also, what is the invent about?

raven

Raven, do you happen to know how long after the D23 convention designs were presented that things started to modify? Was it almost immediately?

I don't remember when the D23 convention was. But the concept art I saw was dated in early February. (I saw it mid February) That usually means some sort of ideas were in place before the art was made. It could also be one of many concepts that were made in the early stages and they just decided to go with that idea instead of the one everyone now knows. I don't know how it works but things like that don't matterialize that quickly.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing! Does this mean that the replacement ride will be scaled down from its original incarnation? Are they considering an attraction for the former PH area, or just a merch store?

Most of the PH area is being utilized in the new plans. No "new" rides are planned for that area that we don't know about.

DisneyParksFan1

I don't remember when the D23 convention was. But the concept art I saw was dated in early February. (I saw it mid February) That usually means some sort of ideas were in place before the art was made. It could also be one of many concepts that were made in the early stages and they just decided to go with that idea instead of the one everyone now knows. I don't know how it works but things like that don't matterialize that quickly.

Most of the PH area is being utilized in the new plans. No "new" rides are planned for that area that we don't know about.

I thought Dumbo was taking over the PH area.

raven

Will we like it???

Hard to say. People are still going to give 'em flack for not building PH so I think the new area is going to be compared to it for a while. But it needs to be seen in it's own light. That whole area will have one theme and as of now it looks very nice.

NoChesterHester

Hard to say. People are still going to give 'em flack for not building PH so I think the new area is going to be compared to it for a while. But it needs to be seen in it's own light. That whole area will have one theme and as of now it looks very nice.

Folks are going to have to stop concentrating on what the expansion was, lets please focus on what it is now. From all accounts of the insiders it is a heavily themed immersive environment up to the design standards of what we expect from a Disney Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom