Just the Facts

JustInTime

Don't you think it's a bit rash to say that even before updated concept art has been release and rumors are confirmed officially? Seems a bit premature.:shrug:

I liked the other plans fine. They were getting rid of two character's homes (mickey and minnie) for two fantastic themed ones. Plus Pixie Hollow. I just feel that if Dumbo is taking up it's original planned space, plus the Pixie Hollow area, it will feel like Chester's and Hester's. The old Dumbo art was boarder line anyway. If it gets even larger with no other attractions then that is what we will get. It just doesn't make much sense to me. It would have been better if they would have left the old plans the way they were and gave us the mine coaster in place of Pixie Hollow, IMO.

tomman710

I liked the other plans fine. They were getting rid of two character's homes (mickey and minnie) for two fantastic themed ones. Plus Pixie Hollow. I just feel that if Dumbo is taking up it's original planned space, plus the Pixie Hollow area, it will feel like Chester's and Hester's. The old Dumbo art was boarder line anyway. If it gets even larger with no other attractions then that is what we will get. It just doesn't make much sense to me. It would have been better if they would have left the old plans the way they were and gave us the mine coaster in place of Pixie Hollow, IMO.

From what I have heard we are being slightly incorrect calling it a Dumbo land, it would be more accurate to call it a Circus Land. From my understanding, and no I am no expert, but Dumbo is only on the ride and in fact the Barnstormer may stay themed around Goofy just molded into a circus theme, ditto the merch and food areas.

So it's not all Dumbo but it is all circus related ... or I could be wrong ... Juan or Lee would know.

JustInTime

From what I have heard we are being slightly incorrect calling it a Dumbo land, it would be more accurate to call it a Circus Land. From my understanding, and no I am no expert, but Dumbo is only on the ride and in fact the Barnstormer may stay themed around Goofy just molded into a circus theme, ditto the merch and food areas.

So it's not all Dumbo but it is all circus related ... or I could be wrong ... Juan or Lee would know.

And that's even worse. Why circus land? It's just doesn't make sense to me. A full circus land with only one ride. And there are no other Disney moves with a Circus so the possibility of expanding to another franchise is pretty limited. The only thing they could do it a Mickey M&G with a Mickey's Circus theme. So we have added a mine coaster but removed Pixie Hollow for more Circus. I am hoping these reports are FLASE. Plus there was a possibility that Pixie would have gotten a Dark ride. So we have the same number of possible attractions but now we are lacking the themeing of the other Princesses houses. :hurl:

Lee

Adventurer
And that's even worse. Why circus land? It's just doesn't make sense to me. A full circus land with only one ride. And there are no other Disney moves with a Circus so the possibility of expanding to another franchise is pretty limited. The only thing they could do it a Mickey M&G with a Mickey's Circus theme. So we have added a mine coaster but removed Pixie Hollow for more Circus. I am hoping these reports are FLASE. Plus there was a possibility that Pixie would have gotten a Dark ride. So we have the same number of possible attractions but now we are lacking the themeing of the other Princesses houses. :hurl:

I see the only loss being a possible ride in PH, which may not have been included anyway.
We gain the new ride, and the princess M&G houses:)hurl:) are gone.
Victory, as I see it.:D

docnabox

I sorta agree with you although maybe I am just an all around malcontent.
Dumbo may be one of the most popular rides in Fantasyland and in the MK for that matter, so if they want to double the size of it, fine. But to take an area of the size I am imagining from the old plans and to theme it all to Dumbo is just plain overkill. If Fantasyland is to feature classic Disney animation, I wonder how many people would pipe up with Dumbo when asked what first comes to mind? Probably not that many. There are others that are either not represented or represented to a lesser degree that would probably be first and foremost for most people and probably deserve more development.

Moreover, I see it as even worse if it is not going to be a Dumboland but a "Circus" land. Really? That is the best we can come up with even on some limited budget? Who thinks Circus when they think Disney animation? Who thinks Circus when they think Magic Kingdom? And if you do think circus when you think WDW, you probably think of Chester and Hester and that gets me sick....:hurl: It seems like they have this idea about Dumbo and are trying to force it all to fit that theme. So, we will have a whole swathe of land containing a expanded Dumbo (nothing new there really), a kiddie coaster that has been forced into retheming for the area (again, nothing new) and (oh goody!!) some shops and dining options.

Like others have said, we have not seen anything definite, so maybe I am too quick to judge, but based on reports, that part of the "expansion" leaves me totally underwhelmed.

But overall, still happy the Meet and greets with the princesses are getting less emphasis and look forward to the mine ride thingy.

cbconglom

Ah the circus the dirty low class place where they are cruel to animals and creepy people crawl out of the woodwork to visit. So basically the antithesis of Disney. Neat.

JustInTime

I see the only loss being a possible ride in PH, which may not have been included anyway.
We gain the new ride, and the princess M&G houses:)hurl:) are gone.
Victory, as I see it.:D

So I am guessing you also dislike immersive themed areas such and World Showcase as well too? The reason I ask is because it seems like that was the idea they were going with for this expansion. My only thing is, what is SO wrong with visiting characters that you have grown up with in their homes? Especially if they do it right. I really don't see how this is a step up from what they had planned but whatever. Even the old Dumbo concept was an inch away from tacky. This just all seems to be going wrong. And I have been flying the biggest FLE flag since these plans have been announced. If the reports are correct, my spirits have been dampened majorly.

lazyboy97o

For those questioning the popularity of Dumbo, here is its home video release schedule from Wikipedia.

June 26, 1981 (VHS and Betamax)
June 1982 (Laserdisc)
December 3, 1985 (VHS and Betamax - Walt Disney Classics)
July 12, 1991 (VHS and Laserdisc - 50th Anniversary Edition)
October 28, 1994 (VHS and Laserdisc - Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection)
October 23, 2001 (VHS and DVD - 60th Anniversary Edition)
October 17, 2006 (DVD - Big Top Edition)
March 2007 (DVD - Special Edition)
February 10, 2010 (Blu-ray Disc & DVD - 70th Anniversary Special Edition - Region 4/D)
March 22, 2010 (Blu-ray Disc & DVD - 70th Anniversary Special Edition - Region 2/B)
February 2011 (Blu-ray Disc & DVD - 70th Anniversary Special Edition - Region 1/A)

_Scar

Ah the circus the dirty low class place where they are cruel to animals and creepy people crawl out of the woodwork to visit. So basically the antithesis of Disney. Neat.

Oh my God. :brick:

Cmon, people. Tinkerbell is gone. There were literally months of people acting like Tinkerbell killed someone in their family- Tink was not welcome in new FLand. Now they get rid of her and we actually compare Dumbo- which portrays ciruses in a charming light- to a normal circus?

Telling you right now, I can't handle the Dumbo trash talk. That cute, classic elephant deserves his own section of a park :sohappy:

JustInTime

I sorta agree with you although maybe I am just an all around malcontent.
Dumbo may be one of the most popular rides in Fantasyland and in the MK for that matter, so if they want to double the size of it, fine. But to take an area of the size I am imagining from the old plans and to theme it all to Dumbo is just plain overkill. If Fantasyland is to feature classic Disney animation, I wonder how many people would pipe up with Dumbo when asked what first comes to mind? Probably not that many. There are others that are either not represented or represented to a lesser degree that would probably be first and foremost for most people and probably deserve more development.

Moreover, I see it as even worse if it is not going to be a Dumboland but a "Circus" land. Really? That is the best we can come up with even on some limited budget? Who thinks Circus when they think Disney animation? Who thinks Circus when they think Magic Kingdom? And if you do think circus when you think WDW, you probably think of Chester and Hester and that gets me sick....:hurl: It seems like they have this idea about Dumbo and are trying to force it all to fit that theme. So, we will have a whole swathe of land containing a expanded Dumbo (nothing new there really), a kiddie coaster that has been forced into retheming for the area (again, nothing new) and (oh goody!!) some shops and dining options.

Like others have said, we have not seen anything definite, so maybe I am too quick to judge, but based on reports, that part of the "expansion" leaves me totally underwhelmed.

But overall, still happy the Meet and greets with the princesses are getting less emphasis and look forward to the mine ride thingy.

Great points. Glad I am not the only one that is underwhelmed. Lets see if this Circusland comes to light. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom